Do active shooter incident like El Paso make you reconsider your CCW choices? - Page 6

Do active shooter incident like El Paso make you reconsider your CCW choices?

This is a discussion on Do active shooter incident like El Paso make you reconsider your CCW choices? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 It's a felony-carry zone in Ohio. Glad I don't live in Ohio. Felony carry zone???...

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree471Likes

Thread: Do active shooter incident like El Paso make you reconsider your CCW choices?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    It's a felony-carry zone in Ohio.
    Glad I don't live in Ohio. Felony carry zone???
    Cornhusker95 likes this.
    NRA lifetime member

Flint

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flintlock62 View Post
    Glad I don't live in Ohio. Felony carry zone???
    Yes, some gun-free zones are misdemeanor, while others carry a felony charge. Schools, houses of worship, government buildings, and some others.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Yes, some gun-free zones are misdemeanor, while others carry a felony charge. Schools, houses of worship, government buildings, and some others.
    Ahh, gun free zones. Makes sense now. BTW, I can carry at the local police station. Of course, they know me there.
    Mike1956 likes this.
    NRA lifetime member

Flint

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array Bubblehead751's Avatar
    I like to learn from watching what others do poorly. Where to hide out. When to run and when to fight. How not to get shot by presenting a firearm to a first responder. Etc. I always look for that stuff.
    M1911A1 likes this.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Mountaineers are Always Free!

No change here . Shield 9 is always on me whether Iím at home mowing the grass or in town at the mall. My m&p 2.0 4in doesnít get too much carry time. I just change my holsters to what Iím doing or what Iím wearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am Glad i don't live in Ohio period!..JK that was for Mike1956

No, it doesnít make me want to change my EDC - I already carry as much gun as I possibly can.

But it does make me think long and hard about what I would do in such a situation, and whether Iím comfortable with the level of training I currently have. I have to say, that aspect makes me pretty uneasy, honestly. Makes me feel very inadequate in terms of real, practical preparation when the rubber meets the road. I guess that has been my biggest takeaway from the shootings.

Yes, I do change, to a point. When these things happen, you run an increased risk of copy cats, as we unfortunately saw this weekend.

Went to church today, where I usually dress up a bit, meaning tucked-in shirts with nicer shorts. Usually carry what I carry at my non permissive work environment...my dual pocketed LCPs. Today, I put on my G30, and wore a sport coat to cover it. Plus my usual LCP in the opposite pocket, but instead of just one spare mag for it, I added two more on my ankle for a total of three spares. I wore dockers to cover the ankle mag holster.

It worked fine, but I was HOT by the time church was over. Wearing a sport coat and long pants in the heat here is no fun, and not something I will do on a regular basis. But, today wasn't a regular day.

Stopped at a coffee shop after church, and as the family went in to get some refreshments, I got out of the car and took off my sport coat in the parking lot. At that point, I was open carrying, which is legal here. Was glad to be rid of the sport coat!

Oh, and our church is not posted, so carrying there is legal. I just prefer to be discreet about it.
    mhl6493, bmcgilvray, OD* and 2 others like this.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

I carry what I can do to dress. Some days Sig 938 and the next time could be a Colt 1911.
    OD* likes this.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Nope I carry my Shield and an extra mag.
    Max
    USCG Ret. Code Enforcement Officer, Small Arms Instructor.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    I am Glad i don't live in Ohio period!..JK that was for Mike1956
    The strain of a winning college football program would likely be more than you could bear.
    Cornhusker95 and OD* like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaxwell View Post
    Nope I carry my Shield and an extra mag.
    Two or three extra mags with my 45 Shield, depending on what else I'm carrying.
    OD* likes this.

The strain of a winning college football program would likely be more than you could bear.
    I have lived that...But you guys got us now that's for sure...Things have way of going cycles.
    All great coaches have to leave sometime...Finding the next right guy is tough.
    We are both gonna find out if the next guy is right guy...No question about it.
    Mike1956 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array viney266's Avatar
    I will admit to making sure the mags are topped up, or throwing an extra one on the belt, but no change in the weapons.
    kerberos likes this.
    Proud NRA Benefactor member, My wife, daughter and son are all life members.
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

Yes and no. As was mentioned, I consider that there is a real risk of copycats in the week or so after these things. I considered carrying the Defender at church under a sport jacket, but decided that where my church is located is about as low-risk as there is. However, when we went to Sam's later, I had the 19X with a spare 19 rd, plus the P365 as a BUG, with a spare mag for it as well.

They have, however, made me decide to log more range time, and with greater than SD ranges.

The two most recent ones have also served to make me consider carrying a 4" Python until I can get my distance accuracy better with the 19x/Defender. I have NO problem with it, other than capacity, and speedloaders not being very concealable.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links