Taurus G2C range report. - Page 2

Taurus G2C range report.

This is a discussion on Taurus G2C range report. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I removed the extractor claw and didn't find anything wrong. So I cleaned it and reinstalled it. Afterward, it ran fine. I only ran two ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Taurus G2C range report.

I removed the extractor claw and didn't find anything wrong. So I cleaned it and reinstalled it. Afterward, it ran fine. I only ran two dozen Federal and Winchester 115 grain ball. No hangups. I'll keep testing it out.
    drmordo, Holster and Coltfan1 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blueronin View Post
    I removed the extractor claw and didn't find anything wrong. So I cleaned it and reinstalled it. Afterward, it ran fine. I only ran two dozen Federal and Winchester 115 grain ball. No hangups. I'll keep testing it out.
    I thought you sent it to Taurus?

Good to hear you got it up and running!

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I held off sending it off if there was a chance I could straighten it out myself. I love tinkering with things.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootnlead View Post
    Get her a good gun...she is worth it.
    No kidding... I know the Taurus fan boys will grill me, but man. Your wife, and you couldn't get her a better gun?

Id say more Taurus G2 (PT111) has been sold in the last few years than just about any pistol .. Why ? Price and reported reliability ...
    This is true about any gun .. If it runs great .. You tell 3 people.. If it runs lousy .. You tell a dozen ..

Only Taurus I own now is a TCP 380 .. Great pistol...
    drmordo and Holster like this.

This doesn't have anything to do with Taurus, But when I have ejection problems, I get out the chamber brush. In 9mm I just use a 40 cal bore brush. Chuck it up in a low speed drill and just go at the chamber.[ use plenty of solvent] Especially after using a dirty ammo. It removes a lot of carbon. Good Luck. DR

Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    This doesn't have anything to do with Taurus, But when I have ejection problems, I get out the chamber brush. In 9mm I just use a 40 cal bore brush. Chuck it up in a low speed drill and just go at the chamber.[ use plenty of solvent] Especially after using a dirty ammo. It removes a lot of carbon. Good Luck. DR
    He already fixed it.

You tried it with 226 sig mags yet ?

Half the reason I think the g2 is a great deal the number of mags it can use I know a couple of the taurus pistol mag fit ( I think the millinum series?) and the sig 226 mags

I have always like the wheel guns they made esp the early pre lock ones ..Sturdy and worked ..Most the semi I have tried have been fine too ..
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

I have a ton of Sig mags. It ran fine after I tinkered with it, until I got through the first half dozen or so magazines. Then it started the same crap again. Think I'll concentrate on the chamber. I've got some really harsh solvent that might help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links