Does the Omega Trigger Matter At All?

This is a discussion on Does the Omega Trigger Matter At All? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think that the CZ P-01 has my name on it and figured that one with the Omega trigger is "better". One local shop has ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Air,Land&Sea
  • 1 Post By G-man*
  • 2 Post By steel wolf
  • 2 Post By Denverjay
  • 1 Post By Nmuskier
  • 1 Post By Air,Land&Sea

Thread: Does the Omega Trigger Matter At All?

Senior Member Array Air,Land&Sea's Avatar

I think that the CZ P-01 has my name on it and figured that one with the Omega trigger is "better". One local shop has a non-Omega version.
    In doing a bit of research it looks like one is maybe just as well served with either. I wouldn't use the safety or decocker, but I wonder if the decocker is just slightly more out of the way than the safety; if that's a potential minor thing to consider (that probably also makes no difference).
    Thanks for any word about the Omega and not-Omega triggers.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    Freedom of speech does not excuse those who are free from thought.

The Omega trigger has been out for several years.

Its basically just a redesign of the old trigger group. It is said to be more modular, fewer parts, which simplify the design and make it more robust.

The one difference i noticed in the CZ75 was the ability to place it on safe with the hammer down. And it does seem a little smoother out of the box.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

One thing to consider is the placement of the decocker lever and how it functions on the P-01. With the non Omega trigger it's facing reward and requires a downward motion towards the rear to decock, with smaller hands this decocker can injure the thumb like it do for me. With the Omega trigger the decocker is forward swept and more like other tradition decockers. I'd try both if you're able to to see if the non omega will rub against your thumb or if you can work around it.
    Denverjay and bmcgilvray like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Deep in the bowels of a hidden bunker....
    I have owned a P-01 Convertible for the last couple of years. For me, the Omega trigger was a must have because I can't stand the shape of the hooked trigger on the non-omega CZ guns. So this is kind of a personal preference thing, but yeah I absolutely love the shape of the Omega triggers.

The thumb safeties are the lowest profile of the two. You can kind of see this in the pics below.

Does the Omega Trigger Matter At All?-ggsccls.jpg

I also really love the option of swapping out the decocker for the thumb safety and back again. Because down the road, if or when your wants/needs change, you'll have the option to change the gun to suite yourself, and not be left with only one option, or buy another gun.

Does the Omega Trigger Matter At All?-ex6muof.jpg
    Nmuskier and bmcgilvray like this.
    "We can't shoot a dog. People? Okay, but not dogs." - Martin Riggs

No, the safety is not obtrusive. Yes, the Omega is an improvement. If you want a PO1, get the Omega trigger. If you want an older model, like the 85, don't fret about not having an Omega. The older guns shoot great too.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    Psalm 144:1

Senior Member Array Air,Land&Sea's Avatar
    Went with the non-Omega version and don't see any issue with the curved trigger. The flat "Omega" one might be better, but haven't compared.
    It's what was at the shop and went for it. Viewed every video and read every article and it just didn't seem definitive one way or the other. Figured, too, that if I use neither the safety or decocker that maybe the decocker is "better" to have.
    The only certain answer would seem to be one of each.
    Denverjay likes this.
    Freedom of speech does not excuse those who are free from thought.

The Omega system is very easy to disassemble/reassemble and work on. I love to tinker so that’s a plus for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

Sponsored Links