Glock Sight Recommendations?

This is a discussion on Glock Sight Recommendations? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Iím currently trying out Trijicon HDís with an orange front sight on my G19.4. I love the bright front sight, but I find that there ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Glock Sight Recommendations?

Iím currently trying out Trijicon HDís with an orange front sight on my G19.4. I love the bright front sight, but I find that there is too much space in the rear u-notch for my liking. I prefer my front sight to pretty much fill the rear on a defensive gun.

I also have Glock factory night sights on my G30.4. I love their low profile, and the front sight fills the rear very well. I really do like them a lot. But I miss that bright orange front sight that is just super easy to pick up.

What night sights would you recommend that have a nice bright front and a blacked out or subdued dot rear like the HDís, but also have a relatively low profile and more narrow notch or square in the rear like the Glock factory night sights? Iíve looked at a few of Amerigloís offerings, but they all seem to have a lot of space in the rear, as best I can tell from their website.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Sights are personal. I've settled on the Glock night sights on my Glocks. Good sturdy low profile sights.
    mhl6493 and thechriskarel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Sights are personal. I've settled on the Glock night sights on my Glocks. Good sturdy low profile sights.
    Theyíre currently my favorite as well. Hard to beat! I just wish the front sight were a little easier to pick up sometimes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    I went with the Trijicon HDs Orange. Took me a couple of times at the range to love them. For me, they really pay off in bright sunlight. My eyes can't see the white dots very well anymore so the orange big dot worked great for me. But I also use the sights for a quick reference and not so much a pinpoint target sight.
    Maybe give 'em some time and you might grow to like them.
    mhl6493 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    I have Suarez single dot night sights on my G19-4. I believe they are made by Trijicon, but I have not seen them anywhere else except Suarez.
    The front sight is easy to pick up and the single dot on the rear sight makes for a very quick sight picture even with my eyesight issues. Just stack the dots.
    mhl6493 likes this.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Tru Glo TFX - tritium for dark, fiber for bright, white circle for dim
    mhl6493 and LimaCharlie like this.
    "You talk a lot, but you're not saying anything" - Psycho Killer, The Talking Heads

"The winds are crying, 'Remember me;' Through the Holy silence of the desert and the sea; The next armada, waiting for the tide; Wind and rain are nothing to the storm inside" - Running on the Rocks, Shriekback

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Tru Glo TFX - tritium for dark, fiber for bright, white circle for dim
    Truglo sights are what I use on all my Glocks since the plastic place holders Glock supplies are the cheapest and worst in the industry in my opinion.

The Truglo sights are excellent during the day, when I do most of my shooting, and excellent at night as well. I have the Trijicon HDs on a Walther P99 compact. I love the big orange front sight but hate how square and sharp edged the rear sight is. No need for that on a carry gun and I won't buy any more of them. Over the years I've had a lot of night sights of different flavors and the Truglo sights are my favorite.

OP, good luck with your quest. As another poster said, sights are personal and what myself and others like may not please you.
    mhl6493 likes this.
    NRA Life Member
    Marine Corps Veteran
    Vietnam Veteran

I found that having the rear sights in a different color makes picking up that front sight a whole lot quicker.
    mhl6493 likes this.
    "If you can do it, you damn well better be able to look at it!".....Matt Helm

The two sight systems I like the best are the Ameriglo GL-446 sights with the orange dot front post and the Trijicon GL01 sights with the green front and rear dots. For a slight increase in deliberate fire I find the Trijicons better. For quick front sight acquisition, the Ameriglo's are hard to beat. Either one of these sight systems should serve you very well.
    mhl6493 likes this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Ameriglo LumiGreen is the brightest and easiest to pick up. It's also very affordable.

https://www.amazon.com/AmeriGlo-Trit.../dp/B015GYQ40O
    mhl6493 likes this.

+1 for Ameriglo. You can buy sets or front and rears separately.
    mhl6493 likes this.

What ever catches your eye:)
    mhl6493 likes this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by DonPablo_VA View Post
    +1 for Ameriglo. You can buy sets or front and rears separately.
    Yep, it's what works best for the individual.
    mhl6493 likes this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

I recently bought a set of Trijicon HD XR sights. Itís my first set of Trijicons.
    I wish I hadnít got the XR version because the front sight isnít a prominent as the regular HDís Iíve shot with on friendís guns. Actually I wish I had just went with what Iíve been buying for a long time and works best for me which is Warren ďcarryĒ sights, plain Black rear with Red FO front. I just thought Iíd see what all the fuss was about with the Trijicon HDís.
    mhl6493 likes this.

My preferred sights area black rear and thin gold bead front . I like a little extra light between the front post and rear cut . Next best is to remove the white front dot or at least buy some Testers 1144 met gold paint and with an extremely fine brush lay a couple built up dots of gold paint into the front dot area black out the rears .. I old enough that night sights don't mean much as you still need to see the target so a light is needed . At that point sight type matters less so long as there not distracting and many of today jumbo color rings can be . At least for some of use !

Now go find what YOU like .
    Last edited by hardluk1; August 19th, 2019 at 10:56 AM.
    mhl6493 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links