P238

P238

This is a discussion on P238 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone carry a Sig P238 in the rear pocket. How does it work out? What's the best pocket wallet holster for this mode of ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By 10thmtn
  • 1 Post By spclopr8tr

Thread: P238

P238

Does anyone carry a Sig P238 in the rear pocket. How does it work out?

What's the best pocket wallet holster for this mode of carry

I guess back pocket carry is not a "thing".

Don’t want a pick pocket snatching my gun.

Sitting on a piece of metal doesn’t seem comfortable.

And there’s a chance of the safety getting swiped to the fire position while sitting on it.

I pocket carry a lot but only in the front pockets.
    5lima30ret, bjrjar and cal44 like this.
    "You talk a lot, but you're not saying anything" - Psycho Killer, The Talking Heads

"The winds are crying, 'Remember me;' Through the Holy silence of the desert and the sea; The next armada, waiting for the tide; Wind and rain are nothing to the storm inside" - Running on the Rocks, Shriekback

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I have a 938. Its nearly the same size but no, it doesn't fit in any pocket comfortably. I dont know how you could draw it properly either. You'd have to carry it cocked and locked, but i wouldn't trust the safety keeping it locked.

I have the 938 and while I am comfortable with it in the front pocket, not sure about back pocket. Seems uncomfortable to sit on.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

I use a Recluse back pocket wallet holster on occasion for deep conceal, but it's for an LCPII. Not too uncomfortable -- front pocket is more comfortable. I don't know how it would do with the exposed hammer/safety SA of the 238.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

I carried mine in my jeans watch pocket.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

VIP Member
    I have both a P238 and P938. I've carried front pocket but not the back. I would not be comfortable carrying condition 1 constantly sitting down on it. I have carried a Kahr CM9 in the back pocket in a Braids wallet holster but didn't like it while sitting in a car seat.

https://www.braidsholsters.com/store..._holsters.html
    Wavygravy likes this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Distinguished Member
    I have an RM380 which I use when deep concealment is in order. It is a bit smaller than the P238 but not tat much to negate a comparison. I only carry the RM380. It fits nicely in a back pocket, but it is uncomfortable to sit on. Also remember that when you are sitting you cannot draw the gun without getting up. That is basically true for fort pocket carry. However pocket carry is the best means of deep concealment for me so I do it when needed.
    "You don't hurt them if you don't hit them." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC Retired

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Distinguished Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifty View Post
    I have a 938. Its nearly the same size but no, it doesn't fit in any pocket comfortably. I dont know how you could draw it properly either. You'd have to carry it cocked and locked, but i wouldn't trust the safety keeping it locked.
    Before I started carrying my P238, I unloaded it then put it holstered in my front pocket for about two weeks. The safety never clicked off, even with kids playing in my lap.

That said, rear pocket carry is a recipe for lower back problems. Sitting with your hips uneven will eventually put your back out, which is no fun at all.

Lead Moderator
    I carry my 911 Springfield( practically the same as a 238) in my front pocket with a Kydex holster.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I sometimes carry mine in my front pocket in a sticky holster. Never tried it in my back pocket. I sometimes carry my 365 in a Braids SOB holster, but never in back pocket.

Sponsored Links