Guess I better update my avatar and signature. - Page 2

Guess I better update my avatar and signature.

This is a discussion on Guess I better update my avatar and signature. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There you go again...triggering my line... I'm the Will Rogers of the shooting world: I never met a gun I didn't like ....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Guess I better update my avatar and signature.

There you go again...triggering my line...I'm the Will Rogers of the shooting world: I never met a gun I didn't like.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsteve113 View Post
    Good luck !! I've tried to leave them dang ole ugly GLOCKs for 25 years now. Came close when I was on a big SIG kick myself. But I always seem to end up back with GLOCKs as main fightin' irons. Still, though, no reason I can't also love my SIGs. And none of that stuff will ever turn me from a good 1911 !!!
    I think that's why I'm leaving them behind. They sure do look boring. However I don't doubt I'll end up with another G19 before it's all said and done.
    gatorbait51 and Bigsteve113 like this.

My FFL just received my P365!!! That's the quickest turnaround I've had from online ordering. Ordered about 1:30pm EST yesterday and just got delivered 20 minutes ago.

Hot dog!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Think you will like that P365. My son just got one as his first new to him EDC that he bought with his own money.
    But he doesn't want to give me back one of my 1911's I let him borrow!
    I have that same issue with both daughters . "What 1911 , dad? " "Sure dad , I'll return it February 32d . "
    Rooster likes this.
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMER…, POR QUE EN MI CORAZ”N Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

The Totalitarian State in America will not arise at the point of a gun. It will come with a message of

"We only want what's best for you. It's for your own good."

I bought my first Glock in 1992. It was a G20 10mm which I qualified with and had listed on my concealed carry permit at the time. I got up to nine Glocks at one time. I had two G20 SF and a G29 SF 10mm, two G21 SF and a G30 SF .45 ACP, and two G17 and a G26 9mm. I am currently Glockless.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

I had the 365 and it ran flawless for me...I traded it for an M&P Shield 2.0 to go along side my M&P Compact 2.0. I really like the M&P's. I do carry the Glocks every once in a while. No reason or desire to let go of them right now.
    Rooster and gatorbait51 like this.

VIP Member
    Never got bit by the Glock bug. Tried them a few times and just didn't feel the love. My primary has been a Sig the last few years with a P938 being replaced last December by the P365.
    Rooster likes this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

I'm on the verge of ditching my Glocks too. My 43 started nosediving the first couple of round in a full magazine to the extent that I sent it back to Glock. They replaced the slide stop which I didn't think could be responsible and, guess what, I was right. Got it back and it was still doing it and now it's on it's way back again. That kind of popped my Glock bubble and got me looking around. I first got a 19 right after the Gen4's came out, then the G43 a couple of years later. Two months ago I traded the 19 in for a 43X and then this issue with the 43 popped up.

I don't know, maybe there was a latent dissatisfaction growing that I was unaware of but now that 1) a Glock of mine has failed in a way that the OEM can't diagnose, and 2) a grip angle that I just don't really like and have been "living with" rather than acclimating to, I feel this almost irresistible need to get something new. I'm thinking a Sig P365 for CC and a 1911 in .45 ACP for plinking and home defense duty. My CFO is going to kill me. Luckily though she knows so little about guns in general she might not even notice. Haha!
    Rooster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBojangles View Post
    Everyone else in this state is, figured I would jump on board!
    Then I'm the last sane man standing. I win!
    Rooster likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member
    Glocks are ugly, their triggers suck, their sights suck, their ergonomics suck, but they do go bang.
    Like my mechanic said about my 17 year old Subaru -- "Ya can't kill 'em."
    Rooster and Glocking26 like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    OldVet likes this.

I think you need to get an M&P 2.0 and specifically the compact. It's like being on the dark side, without actually being on the dark side.
    Rooster likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
    I think you need to get an M&P 2.0 and specifically the compact. It's like being on the dark side, without actually being on the dark side.
    I beg yer pardon -- the M&P line is "Stepping Into the Light."
    Rooster and ParsonBrown like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post

We need a 2nd opinion on your sanity!

Good luck with the hurricane!
    Rooster likes this.
    Annoy a Liberal! Be Conservative and Live within Your Means!

Epstein Did Not Kill Himself!!

VIP Member
    Had several Glocks for awhile......now Glock-less and never looked back.....
    Springfield, Sig and Walther now......
    Rooster likes this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF, ISAA

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links