Guess I better update my avatar and signature. - Page 3

Guess I better update my avatar and signature.

This is a discussion on Guess I better update my avatar and signature. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; GLOCK...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Guess I better update my avatar and signature.

GLOCK
    Rooster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OneGunTX View Post
    We need a 2nd opinion on your sanity!
    Very well. I second that opinion.
    Rooster and OneGunTX like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
    I think you need to get an M&P 2.0 and specifically the compact. It's like being on the dark side, without actually being on the dark side.
    I never really warmed up to M&P. The full size I shot at the time had the old mush trigger with no tactile or audible reset. Then when I was specifically after a single stack 9, they bummed me out with the lack of reversible mag release on the Shield (southpaw). Never looked at S&W M&P's again.

Love their wheel guns though, I have 2.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Glocking26 View Post
    GLOCK
    Are you Glocking or the GlocKing?

Hmmm... is this a good look? I think so. Fits my goofballness.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy35 View Post
    I'm on the verge of ditching my Glocks too.

<snip>

I'm thinking a Sig P365 for CC and a 1911 in .45 ACP for plinking and home defense duty. My CFO is going to kill me. Luckily though she knows so little about guns in general she might not even notice. Haha!
    Went to the range with my 43X and rented a P365. I don't know if I'm sold on the Sig but I am really liking the Glock less and less. Now that the Glock blinders are coming off I see a few others in there that I'm going to have to try. I shot the Sig better than the 43X...
    Rooster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy35 View Post
    Went to the range with my 43X and rented a P365. I don't know if I'm sold on the Sig but I am really liking the Glock less and less. Now that the Glock blinders are coming off I see a few others in there that I'm going to have to try. I shot the Sig better than the 43X...
    Glock lost the fight with the P365 line. In double stack, Glock wins capacity to foot print ratio most of the time but they need to step up their game in the slim category.

I'm honestly thinking of getting the P365 XL with 15 round mags as my night stand a bigger gun. I handled my friends with the 15 rounders and it's somehow still a smaller footprint than a G19. I don't know how SIG did it but they hit it out of the park with the P365 line.

I'm a converter.

VIP Member
    If Uncle Arthur had not destroyed my right hand and wrist bones I would never have looked at another brand of gun for my Semi autos and would have remained a Glock Girl to my dying day. For revolvers I felt the same way about my S&W's.

Now all my 9mm Glocks are gone - two to Gramps and the rest sold. I still have my G42, but can't rack the slide anymore without using a Handiracker gizzie, and the trigger on that 42 always was a lot stiffer than any of my 9mm's.

I now have an assortment of brands in .380 and .22. With the reversible mag release on my Shield EZ and my M&P .22 compact, they tend to be used more than any of the others for range use, and especially in the few competitions I participate in anymore. Having to teach myself to become a left handed shooter made those two plain Jane guns particularly appealing.

But for sheer beauty, my two SIG P238's have to take first place. They shoot well too!

I still have two of my S&W revolvers, and I can even still shoot one of them with ONE trigger finger. The other requires the trigger fingers of both hands now but I won't part with it. It goes to my best female friend when I die. My Model 60 .357 went to Gramps, so it is still in the safe at our home. I can visit it if I wish.

Yes, even though I am very happy with my new assortment, I still miss my Glocks!
    Rooster likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Might be worth another look. The 2.0 cured a lot of the problems with the original.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBojangles View Post
    I never really warmed up to M&P. The full size I shot at the time had the old mush trigger with no tactile or audible reset. Then when I was specifically after a single stack 9, they bummed me out with the lack of reversible mag release on the Shield (southpaw). Never looked at S&W M&P's again.

Love their wheel guns though, I have 2.
    Wavygravy and Rooster like this.

DarthBojangles, it is good you turned from the dark side. As a SIG owner you have started your journey. You must now enter the world of the 1911s to complete your transition to the light.
    Rooster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ButtShot14 View Post
    DarthBojangles, it is good you turned from the dark side. As a SIG owner you have started your journey. You must now enter the world of the 1911s to complete your transition to the light.
    I never warmed up to hammer for carry. I had a HK P30sk V3 for a short bit.

I do own a Colt Gold Cup Trophy though.

I carry a glock everyday at work. After I carried a Shield 2.0. Reciently sold the shield and purchased the Springfield 911 9mm. I carried 1911's for ten years in the military so the 911 fits my need.
    Rooster likes this.
    Max
    USCG Ret. Code Enforcement Officer, Small Arms Instructor.

Congratulations on the new Sig, DarthBojangles; they seem to be really well designed for carry. Glad to see you back!
    Be careful of people who brag about who they are - a lion will never have to tell you who he's a lion.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBojangles View Post
    Are you Glocking or the GlocKing?
    Glock fan boy here. Why because every-time I squeeze the trigger I hear a loud bang and gun moves up in my hand. Most of the other guns try that are not Glocks I squeeze the trigger.....not all the time mind you I hear a click and no noise then we play look for the problem:)
    Rooster likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Anold says it best..."You'll be back!"
    Rooster likes this.
    Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links