Glock 43 vs Glock 26 - Page 3

Glock 43 vs Glock 26

This is a discussion on Glock 43 vs Glock 26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by OldChap Mine has been 100% over several thousand rounds. The breech face isn't the part with the most critical tolerance difference - ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Glock 43 vs Glock 26

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Mine has been 100% over several thousand rounds. The breech face isn't the part with the most critical tolerance difference - that part would be the extractor. Still...doesn't mean much, but mine has been fully functional.
    Thanks for that response. There are such good deals right now on trade-in G23 and G22's its really hard to pass up one in good condition with NS for near $300 bucks and being able to get a 9mm barrel would make it even more versatile.
    OldChap, cal44 and drmordo like this.

Glock 26 is my choice! I have no desire for a Glock 43 I do like my Shields though much better!
    OldChap likes this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

I carried a G26 for a year. I loved the capacity but grew tired of how a double stack carried in the waistline.

Then I carried a G43 for a year. I loved the way it carried but always wished for a little more capacity.

I now no longer own either but for what it's worth, I used to find excuses to not carry my G26 sometimes where as I never didn't have my G43 on me. Some people carry a double stack all day and it doesn't bother them. Everyone is different in what they prefer. For my carrying, thin to win.

Good luck in your search.
    Holmes375, SnoMan97 and OldChap like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBojangles View Post
    I carried a G26 for a year. I loved the capacity but grew tired of how a double stack carried in the waistline.

Then I carried a G43 for a year. I loved the way it carried but always wished for a little more capacity.

I now no longer own either but for what it's worth, I used to find excuses to not carry my G26 sometimes where as I never didn't have my G43 on me. Some people carry a double stack all day and it doesn't bother them. Everyone is different in what they prefer. For my carrying, thin to win.

Good luck in your search.
    So what do you carry now?
    DarthBojangles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy50 View Post
    So what do you carry now?
    I didn't want to just plug another brand as I completely understand brand loyalty. But I just picked up a SIG P365 and put about 800 trouble free rounds of a variety of types of ball and hollow points. My kydex holster arrives tomorrow and currently have a Remora for it. After today's session it is officially on duty.

The P365 is a smaller footprint than the the G43 while having the capacity of a G26. If you're not able to hold or test one, give it a hard look. I shot it surprisingly well for a pistol its size. Much better than I did my G43 out of the box. Though I did fine with the G43 after some practice, like any quality gun you put some lead downrange with.

10+1 flush mag

12+1 extended mag

If you want something a bit bigger, they make the P365 XL. .6" more barrel and a 12 round base mag and mag well (10 rounders won't work in it) while still being a smaller footprint than the G43x, M&P 9c and a handful of other guns in it's capacity and/or size class. I personally prefer the P365 so as to shorten the grip as much as possible for deep concealment and pocket carry. ymmv

They also make 15 rounders with extended grip sleeves if you desire for your backup magazines. 10 or 12 rounder + a 15 round backup would suit you nicely.

Unless you must have a Glock, the P365 line is offering exactly what you're looking for.

Standard P365 I found for $479 which comes with factory night sights out of the box, a flush 10 round mag and pinky extension 10 rounder. I bought the 12 round seperate. I found the XL for $607.
    Litespeed, SnoMan97 and drmordo like this.

I agree with others who suggest a 27.

Plus a 9mm barrel if you want 9mm.

My only Glock is a 27 and it covers a lot of bases with one gun.

One of these days I may get a 357 Sig barrel for it as well.

Oldchap makes a lot of good points on the subject.
    OldChap likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    I carried a G26, then bought a G43 because it seemed so much easier to carry. After about a year with the G43...I went back to the G26. It's not just capacity, I shoot the G26 better than the G43.

Then, *trumpet fanfare* those sneaky folks at Sig Sauer came out with the P365. I love this pistol! I will keep the Glocks, but the Sig gets all of the carry time now. Seems to be a common theme around here these days.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

My 43 started nosediving the first round in too many magazines for me to consider it safe to carry. I sent it off to Glock once and they shrugged their shoulders. Happened again as soon as I took it out of the box and back it went again. Now I'm looking to replace it with a P365. Slightly smaller package with 10+1 on board with the stock magazine. No brainer. I'm just waiting for Glock to send me back my 43 so I can go trade it in.
    Wavygravy and DarthBojangles like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy35 View Post
    My 43 started nosediving the first round in too many magazines for me to consider it safe to carry. I sent it off to Glock once and they shrugged their shoulders. Happened again as soon as I took it out of the box and back it went again. Now I'm looking to replace it with a P365. Slightly smaller package with 10+1 on board with the stock magazine. No brainer. I'm just waiting for Glock to send me back my 43 so I can go trade it in.
    I love my P365 so much, I'm considering getting the XL just to put the longer slide on the regular P365 frame. Though not a priority anytime soon.
    Pappy35 and Holmes375 like this.

I love my P365 so much, I'm considering getting the XL just to put the longer slide on the regular P365 frame. Though not a priority anytime soon.
    Yeah. I'm actually thinking about getting both a P365 and P365XL. I currently have a 43 and a 43X I bought a month ago. I rented a P365 last weekend and I shot it better than the 43x. The XL is reported to be having FTRB failures so I'm not sure about getting one right now but after a while to see if those reports settle out. The P365 seems to be ok now after their usual introductory issues (this is why I didn't go with Sig when I got back into guns a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy35 View Post
    Yeah. I'm actually thinking about getting both a P365 and P365XL. I currently have a 43 and a 43X I bought a month ago. I rented a P365 last weekend and I shot it better than the 43x. The XL is reported to be having FTRB failures so I'm not sure about getting one right now but after a while to see if those reports settle out. The P365 seems to be ok now after their usual introductory issues (this is why I didn't go with Sig when I got back into guns a few years ago.
    I'm the same way about being an early adopter. SIG always makes things right but I didn't want to pay to beta test a gun. At my going rate, I'll have an XL by 2020 or 2021. lol

First 5 mags from the P365 at 10 yards all rapid fire as fast as I could pull the trigger. Even gave myself a blister. lol

I've never shot a small pistol so well right out of the box. Usually I require some practice and dialing in time.

FWIW, I hadn't shot in over a year either. Oops.

Overall I was extremely pleased.

Holmes375 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    There are such good deals right now on trade-in G23 and G22's its really hard to pass up one in good condition with NS for near $300 bucks and being able to get a 9mm barrel would make it even more versatile.
    I agree. I've bought two SIG P series and two H&K USPs in the last year for next to nothing because they are .40s, and I'm tempted to buy more! One site has German made DA/SA SIG P226 w/ 3 mags for $375 online - that's a lot of gun for the money!

I get the MIL/LEO Blue Label deal (basically $400 for a new Glock), so the $300+shipping+transfer Glocks are not as tempting for me.

Quote Originally Posted by drmordo View Post
    I agree. I've bought two SIG P series and two H&K USPs in the last year for next to nothing because they are .40s, and I'm tempted to buy more! One site has German made DA/SA SIG P226 w/ 3 mags for $375 online - that's a lot of gun for the money!

I get the MIL/LEO Blue Label deal (basically $400 for a new Glock), so the $300+shipping+transfer Glocks are not as tempting for me.
    I don't even like 40 and don't own a 40 currently but damn it you're not helping me as I've considered bringing one home too since they're marked down so low these days.
    drmordo likes this.

Distinguished Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    I don't even like 40 and don't own a 40 currently but damn it you're not helping me as I've considered bringing one home too since they're marked down so low these days.
    I was never a fan either, but I became a convert after I found Underwood's 135gr load w/ Nosler JHPs. They chrono'd at 1400fps from my USP, and very manageable to shoot while being essentially a 357 Magnum equivalent.

I've carried a G26 for five years usually with a G19 mag for a reload and as long as you can handle the weight and the width then it is about as concealable a double stack as you will find. For me, the grip height is the factor that makes a pistol concealable. A taller grip height is what shows when I bend over and it catches my shirt when I stand back up again. The G26 is about 1/8" to 1/4" shorter in its grip height than anything else, including the G43 and P365 and that makes a lot of difference to me. However, the width of the P365 is more comfortable to carry. Same goes for a G19...of all the clones that I know of all of them are at least 1/8" taller in the grip.

If you're down to a G43 or a G26 and capacity is your main concern, it's hard to beat a G26.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links