Glock 43 vs Glock 26

Glock 43 vs Glock 26

This is a discussion on Glock 43 vs Glock 26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So Im trying to decide which one to buy. I know the glock 43 is lighter, but I wonder how much lighter it is. Capacity ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Glock 43 vs Glock 26

Glock 43 vs Glock 26

So Im trying to decide which one to buy. I know the glock 43 is lighter, but I wonder how much lighter it is. Capacity is also a concern. The 43 only holds 6 + 1 rounds. So if i carried the 43, id have to carry 4 extra mags just to have 31 rounds. The 26, Id only have to carry 2 extra mags for 31 rounds. I realistically feel comfortable with 45-50 rounds on me, but that would be alot of weight, which is why i settle for 31 rounds. I wish i could rent both weapons and carry them for a week or so, but i dont know of any place. For those of you that have both, is the 43 really that much more comfortable to carry? Does the capacity on the 43 bother you?
    OldChap likes this.

Just gotta ask, why do you feel the need for 31 rounds at min, and 45-50 rounds preferably? If you use that many shots It can almost be guaranteed that its not self defense, unless its against like 10 bears. Why dont you look into the glock 43x with flush fit 15 round mags. 1 in the chamber, 15 in the mag, and 15 in the other mag for 31 shots and only one thing jostling around.

I dont have a 26, but I have a 43 and a few other glocks. My 43 was free, and thats the only reason I have it. Its not a bad gun, but if I were spending money, the decision would be easy. id buy a 26.
    We get the government we deserve.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Iíve carried the G26 since the early 90ís. At this time I donít see any advantage for me with a 43.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

New Member Array LasVegasLights's Avatar
    I own a G43 and love it. I've added +1 extensions and it really helps with the grip and the capacity.

I really really wanted to love the G26. But the biggest reason I passed on buying one was how it felt in my hand. It's just too fat and felt awkward to me. Of course, that's a very personal reason. Go and rent both and see how they both feel. I was able to hit well with either, but the G43 just felt supremely better to me while doing it.

Can't go wrong either way though. They're both Glocks after all.
    1gunsnowbird and Old Man like this.

And remember, the G26 can use 15 rd G19 or 17 rd G17 mags. Unless you are in a 10 rd mag limit zone.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

I have medium size hands, and prefer the feel of the 43. I donít feel the need for 50 or 31 rounds of ammo, and only carry extra mags when I have church security duty. My first self defense priority is to avoid places where I think trouble may arise, and secondly to get away if it starts to develop around me, except at church or home. The possibility of me needing to use a firearm are really pretty small, and the need for a large amount of ammo is even smaller. I prefer ease and comfort of carry, given the remote possibility of ever needing to draw my sidearm. Thatís my opinion, and what I choose. The OP may have need of that amount of ammo, which might influence his weapon of choice. I donít.
    NRA Life Member

I predominantly carry a Glock 26 with a 12 round OEM magazine and a 19 reload for 27 rounds total. They both have the same outline and the 26 is less than an inch thicker.
    1gunsnowbird likes this.

VIP Member
    G26 IMO is the best glock made for CCW
    Lifetime NRA Member,collector,reloader.

My wife and I have both owned, and carried G26s. They are nice pistols and shoot well. For the past three years my wife carried a G43, which we both have shot. It's also a nice pistol. This year, we got my wife a Sig P365, which we both feel, has a better trigger, is as accurate as a G43, and has a higher capacity (up to 15 round magazines). You should take a look at P365 as a viable alternative if a small pistol is what you want.
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.
    Every man dies, but not every man truly lives.
    If you are asked to be the hero, be the hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy50 View Post
    So Im trying to decide which one to buy. I know the glock 43 is lighter, but I wonder how much lighter it is. Capacity is also a concern. The 43 only holds 6 + 1 rounds. So if i carried the 43, id have to carry 4 extra mags just to have 31 rounds. The 26, Id only have to carry 2 extra mags for 31 rounds. I realistically feel comfortable with 45-50 rounds on me, but that would be alot of weight, which is why i settle for 31 rounds. I wish i could rent both weapons and carry them for a week or so, but i dont know of any place. For those of you that have both, is the 43 really that much more comfortable to carry? Does the capacity on the 43 bother you?
    What we choose to carry and how many rounds we think we need to carry are very personal. But our carry is primarily for our protection and not doing police duties. My wife has a G43 with a +2 base plates....so she has 8 +1.....I'm not sure why you are picking 31 rounds as the average police shooting is around 3 rounds....not saying you should carry a 5 shot Chief but I am just curious why 31 rounds and I sure am not trying to pick a fight as we each have to decide what gun and how many extra rounds we carry....just food for thought.
    1gunsnowbird and BamaT like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy50 View Post
    I realistically feel comfortable with 45-50 rounds on me, but that would be alot of weight, which is why i settle for 31 rounds.
    If capacity is the top priority, then I'd definitely go with the G26 since you can carry spare G19 or G17 mags. I've had a G26 since 1999 and also own a G43 and G43X. While the G26 is a bit thicker and slightly heavier, if carrying IWB or OWB, I can't really tell much of a difference. You get used to it, especially with the right holsters. I know some people pocket carry the G26 and G43, but I don't, so the little extra weight is not an issue. If I had to choose one sub-compact, it would most definitely be the G26.
    1gunsnowbird likes this.

Glock 43x Done.

I have both.
    The 43 works for pocket carry, makes a good 2nd option pistol with a larger pistol on belt.
    The 26 is easy to conceal IWB and is a prime choice if under a 10 round mag limit.
    Old Man likes this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

I own a 43 and a 27 ... I carry the 43 at times with a +2 mag extention.. and one spare mag with a +2 ... My 27 Iis my primary carry .. I have a +1 mag extention and a spare 23 or 22 mag ....

I notice a big difference in weight and concealablity with the 43 vs 27 ...

If you wish to carry 30 or more of spare rounds zz I suggest the 26 and carry it with a +2 extention and spare 19 or 17 mags
    Old Man likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links