Springfield xds mod2

Springfield xds mod2

This is a discussion on Springfield xds mod2 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thinking about picking one up, really liked the original. Anyone have one, like to share your views on it?...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By Tenring1911
  • 2 Post By graydude
  • 1 Post By jmf552
  • 1 Post By Tenring1911
  • 6 Post By a_cmc_2b

Thread: Springfield xds mod2

Springfield xds mod2

Thinking about picking one up, really liked the original.

Anyone have one, like to share your views on it?

I have the .45 XDS Mod 2. Accurate. Handles well. Super reliable with a large variety of factory and handloads, including home cast, lead handloads. Carries very easily. Points naturally (for me) which results in very, very good combat accuracy.

Capacity is either 5+1 or 6+1 in the .45 version, not very high, but thus is life with single stacks. Hell, men have taught wars with 7 rounds of .45 acp on their side.

I am very satisfied with mine. I think Springfield is still doing the promotion with a bunch of mags and accessories, if they are, then now is the time to purchase one.
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

― Heraclitus

I love mine! I have the 9mm version. It gives me a little more capacity. Just like the previous comment, it carrys well, points well, shoots well. I also have the first edition in .45. It became a safe queen after the 9mm mod.2 arrived. More so because of the grip texture over the recoil. The .45 is still very manageable. I have had 0 issues with either one.

I would have no worries about buying one.

Enjoy,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I have the XDS mod 2 in 9mm.It has been totally reliable so far with NO problems feeding any ammo including Blazer Brass, Federal, Defender Ammo, and some Sellier Bellot in FMJ and Speer Gold Dot and Federal HST in defense ammo.I traded a XD mod.2 40 for the XDS because I wanted a single stack that is lighter and easier to conceal on my 67 year old body and I love it.The 9 mm has 7+1,8+1 or 9+1 capacity.

I have a 9mm XDs Mod 2, the version that came with the front night sight. I love it! Easy to conceal, fits my hand perfectly, has been very reliable, and has been surprisingly accurate for what it is. It is my go-to single stack 9.

I've had a few different XDS models over the years, so I picked up a Mod 2, 9mm w/front night sight also. I really thought it would be perfect for me, you know, the GRAIL. Well I do like it,handled somewhat better that the original in my case. Trying to choose between it and the P365. It just felt a little bigger and heavier than I'm looking for.

Thanks everyone, the gear up offer is on and my thinking that is a great deal. So I am off to the lgs to see about a XDS Mod2 in 9mm.
    mhl6493 and MMinSC like this.

Something to consider is Springfield is releasing a new gun on 9/25, probably its answer to the Sig P365 which is dominating the market.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/s...ading-firearm/
    MMinSC and sparkyfender like this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    Something to consider is Springfield is releasing a new gun on 9/25, probably its answer to the Sig P365 which is dominating the market.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/s...ading-firearm/
    Oh, great. I thought I had my next EDC all figured out and now I have to wait for a new one to be introduced, then six months for all the reviews to come out and another six months for Springfield to fix an inevitable bug or two. Then some other manufacturer will release the next big thing. When I started carrying, you either bought a Colt Detective Special or an S&W Chief's Special and that didn't change for years. If you really wanted to be hot stuff you might go with a Combat Commander or a Model 19 2.5". It was a simpler time...
    Nix likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    Oh, great. I thought I had my next EDC all figured out and now I have to wait for a new one to be introduced, then six months for all the reviews to come out and another six months for Springfield to fix an inevitable bug or two. Then some other manufacturer will release the next big thing. When I started carrying, you either bought a Colt Detective Special or an S&W Chief's Special and that didn't change for years. If you really wanted to be hot stuff you might go with a Combat Commander or a Model 19 2.5". It was a simpler time...
    Lol! Like you don't have enough guns to tide you over until a unicorn is ready.

Gotta love Springfield's marketing team.

If I was about to buy an XD-whatever I'd wait a few weeks just to see what's coming out. Then decide whether to be an early adopter, wait awhile, or just get a model with the kinks already worked out. Springfield phased out a lot of models over the past two years, possibly to clear out stock that this new thing would compete with.

Ok so they had a .45 and I got to fondle it.

I was impressed with the grip, night sight and even the trigger, that is for a striker fired firearm. I am definitely picking up or ordering one in 9mm as soon as my guy gets back from camping.

Thanks for the info one the new release forthcoming but if it is that great I will have to look at it later (IMO Sig's marketing is the leader in the anticipation game). Interesting that the new release is close to the ending of the gear up offer by Springfield, ends on Oct 2nd.......coincidence I think not.
    graydude likes this.

The Free State of Jones, aka Jones County, MS.
    Well I'm a newbie here and after my intro post I came straight over here to post a question about the XDs Mod 2 in .45 Cal., but after scanning thru a few thread titles, I ran across this one, and it seems that y'all already covering what I wanted to know. Even though this is not my thread, thanks to all of you who have already shared your experience and opinions on the Xds Mod 2, y'all have just reinforced that this is the EDC that I want.
    graydude, mhl6493, djcomm and 3 others like this.

Shot old one and this mod2 as well.

If the P365 didn’t exist this would be my pick. I like the grip safety. Fits hand well. Dead reliable. Prefer it to the PPS, G43, LC9s, and Shield. The SA is maybe a bit bigger and heavier than is ideal but it feels like a really quality piece.

I am waiting to see what comes on 9/25 as I have been pondering the P365 manual safety. If Springfield can do it with a grip safety instead of thumb, they could very well get some business.

The new gun to be released on 9/25 looks like it'll be a 9mm called the Hellcat.

Looks similar to an XDS with an optic from the factory, and maybe a bit smaller than the XDS guns. Possibly a 1.5 stack mag for added capacity (10+1?). They may have eliminated the loaded chamber indicator and moved internals around to attach the Shield RMSc deeper than can be done with the current XDS.

I love my XD Mod 2 sc but just bought a used 365. I love the grip safety and had I known they were coming out with an XD platform to compete with the 365 I would have held off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links