Defensive Carry banner

Which pistols are only 1" thick and double stack besides the P365?

5K views 33 replies 27 participants last post by  Gaius 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a list or anyone carry something other than the P365 that is around 1" thick or less and is still double stack? i know there are plenty of good SS carry guns but I prefer having more rounds.

#2 ·
I think the P365 is the first of it's kind. Although you can expect other manufacturers to follow suit in coming years to compete. I think Springfield is unveiling the next one this year. I don't know that for certain but just a hunch. They're announcing something new in the next month.

#8 ·
The Sig P365 uses 1.5 stack mags. Wider than single, narrower than double. That's my understanding.

Reactions: ShooterGranny
#13 ·
This is all semantics.

Almost every double stack 9mm is right around 1" thick or less. The safety, slide stop, and mag release can make the "max width" number climb, but ultimately if everything but the safety fits under 1", it that gun really 1.25" thick?

Out of curiosity I just measured the Hi Power I carry every day - 0.89" slide, 1.2" grips, and tiny bit wider tan the grips at the safety. I have no problem concealing it under shorts and a t-shirt when carried AIWB, or more commonly under a button up shirt at 4 o'clock.

Gratuitous pic:
Firearm Gun Trigger Air gun Gun accessory

#32 ·
This is all semantics.

Almost every double stack 9mm is right around 1" thick or less. The safety, slide stop, and mag release can make the "max width" number climb, but ultimately if everything but the safety fits under 1", it that gun really 1.25" thick?

Out of curiosity I just measured the Hi Power I carry every day - 0.89" slide, 1.2" grips, and tiny bit wider tan the grips at the safety. I have no problem concealing it under shorts and a t-shirt when carried AIWB, or more commonly under a button up shirt at 4 o'clock.
BHP was the first thing I thought of as far as a thin, double-stack, 9mm.

#14 ·
Kel Tec's P11 was out for 20+ years before the P365 but they act like they invented it. Sccy also has had a similar pistol out almost as long. But because the KT & SCCY are 'cheap' they never got the publicity. Both are fine weapons and every bit as good as the P365. I'd put my P11 up against the 365 any time.

#15 ·
No disrespect to the OP, but IMHO, splitting hairs over 0.1 or 0.2 here or there is insignificant with most carry guns. I agree with Drmordo.

#19 ·
It might help to know how many "more rounds" you are looking at? You won't find many that carry more than 15 + 1 (with the optional 15 round P365 magazine) and stay within 1" thickness.

#21 ·
What exactly is so magical about a 1” thickness?! I do not see a big difference between 1” and 1.2” when it comes to practicality in carrying. There’s more to it than thickness IMHO.

#23 ·
The .2 is usually the controls that stick out. What I discovered for myself is that the grip area are usually the widest part of most pistols. For me, A fullsize Glock carries as good as anything. I surrendered to suspenders about 3 years ago and OWB with a good kydex holster and I have to check and make sure the thing is there as it carries high and tight and feels light.

#25 ·
Any in the Glock 30 family, the 30S specifically if fractions of an inch really matter.

Reactions: Pete63
#30 ·
OP, staying within the parameters of your question, there isn't currently anything else like the Sig p365. If you want one, buy a new one and feel good about it because they're great pistols. I don't own one but I'll pick up a 365 and XL at some point when I feel like spending some money on things I don't really need!

Regarding some of the other models mentioned in this thread, The Keltec p11 is no longer made, and they had some problems with it. The Taurus G2c is 1.25 inches wide- but if you're gonna go wider than the 1 inch limit you mentioned, you'd be much better served by the 1.1 inch wide p365XL. The g43x is a single stack design with a long grip for a 10 round mag, and the rumored 15 round flush mag is aftermarket not oem, and it's not even in production yet so I wouldn't base a pistol purchase on that. Also on the g43x, the widest point is the grip.

The S&W M&P Shield is narrower than the p365, but a hair bigger in L and H. It comes with an extended 8 round mag, but that makes it a taller pistol than the 365 with flush 10 round mag.

Reactions: MMinSC and Bad Bob
#34 ·
Springfield XD Mod 2 with 13 round mag is 1.1 inch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.