Beretta M9 vs. Wisconsin LE Qualification Course

This is a discussion on Beretta M9 vs. Wisconsin LE Qualification Course within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's one for all the Beretta fans out there! Howard...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By hrfunk
  • 1 Post By donp326
  • 1 Post By hrfunk
  • 1 Post By m5215
  • 1 Post By buckwheatpaul

Thread: Beretta M9 vs. Wisconsin LE Qualification Course

Here's one for all the Beretta fans out there!

Howard

I had a Baretta 92 years ago in the 1980's it was like trying to hold on to a tree. The grip was too big for me at that time. I traded it away.
    hrfunk likes this.
    Sarge 80 1976-1983 US Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by donp326 View Post
    I had a Baretta 92 years ago in the 1980's it was like trying to hold on to a tree. The grip was too big for me at that time. I traded it away.
    That is probably the single biggest complaint I hear from folks who don't care for the M9/92. If the 92 fits your hand, it feels good and points quite naturally. If it doesn't, well, it doesn't. For the M9A3, Beretta upgraded the grip profile to a straight "Vertec" style back-strap and utilized thinner grip panels to reduce the circumference. Beretta also include a Hogue rubber grip with the same contour/circumference as the original M9 for shooters who preferred it. If you get a chance to handle one of the A3's, you might find the smaller/thinner grip fits you much better.

Howard

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

The Vertec grip is great for those with smaller hands but people with larger hands will tend to find the Vertec grip to be too small unfortunately. I assembled a custom M9A3 using a M9A1 lower frame with the original style grip and a M9A3 slide with the decocker only on it and night sights. Works great but it does cost a little extra to build a custom pistol like this.
    hrfunk likes this.

I have fairly large hands but love my M9A3 Vertec grip. It might be because my subcompact 9mm is a Shield, which has a thin grip that I got accustomed to before purchasing the Beretta.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Howard.....great production....loved the challenging and the malfunctions and having to move as well.....Keep 'em coming! I had a problem with grip size as well....went to a Sig 239 and never looked back.....
    Paul
    hrfunk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    Howard.....great production....loved the challenging and the malfunctions and having to move as well.....Keep 'em coming! I had a problem with grip size as well....went to a Sig 239 and never looked back.....
    Paul
    Good for you! I hope the Sig worked better for you.

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by donp326 View Post
    I have small hands. I had one in the 1990s, and itw as too big for my hands too.

Then, a little after 2000 - Beretta made a small grip change. There is an indentation on the back strap. This grip change is only on the 92FS - not the M9 (M9 has the original frame).

This small grip change is HUGE for me. The gun fits my hand perfectly now.

You should try one again

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    I have small hands. I had one in the 1990s, and itw as too big for my hands too.

Then, a little after 2000 - Beretta made a small grip change. There is an indentation on the back strap. This grip change is only on the 92FS - not the M9 (M9 has the original frame).

This small grip change is HUGE for me. The gun fits my hand perfectly now.

You should try one again
    Yes there is a small radius cut into the upper part of the back strap that is part of the 92FS design, not the M9. I agree that it makes a very positive improvement gripping the pistol.

Sponsored Links