P365 sas - Page 3

P365 sas

This is a discussion on P365 sas within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Mine has worked great. I much prefer it over my regular P365 w/safety. [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/ 20191022/050a5f58dc64b2d95786049a7f369b44.jpg[/IMG]...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: P365 sas

Senior Member Array GreenMan0352's Avatar
    Mine has worked great. I much prefer it over my regular P365 w/safety.

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/
    20191022/050a5f58dc64b2d95786049a7f369b44.jpg[/IMG]
    MMinSC likes this.

This one didnít load for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously to each their own, but I have been carrying this for a little over a month now and itís been stellar. Iím quicker with it and more accurate than my regular P365. The hardest part was getting past the sights. I was so use to looking for that front sight that I had to retrain myself on these optics. In my opinion they are vastly superior to regular sights. They work like a mini red dot.

MMinSC and viney266 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I don't see how it would work geometrically. It's like having a sight radius of 1". It would seem to me you could see the sights as lined up when the barrel was not. I know red dots can do that, but I am puzzled by this configuration. Maybe there is something about that system I don't understand.
    This reminds me of the Meprolight Ft Bullseye.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDiablo View Post
    This reminds me of the Meprolight Ft Bullseye.
    It is

viney266 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    Not really interested in the SAS but, I did handle the P365XL which I thought was kind of a gimmick gun. I sure like it better than the P365 though. Better than the G43X in my hand anyway. I may have to rethink that pistol.
    I personally think the XL was just an FU to Glock over the 43X. I'm ok with it. I'll have an XL eventually just for the slide on a short 10 round grip.
    MMinSC, forester58 and viney266 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    I personally think the XL was just an FU to Glock over the 43X. I'm ok with it. I'll have an XL eventually just for the slide on a short 10 round grip.

I never thought of it that way before. Could be. I think the XL is for people that do not want a pocket pistol but a medium sized gun that is easy to carry and in this case, impressive capacity. Linda like my XD-S 45 with 4" barrel. I wanted medium size, as thin as can be, not a pocket pistol, etc. There is a market for medium sized and thin pistols- less muzzle rise with the longer barrel, sight radius, velocity, and handling. Sig did a good job as their version can compete with double stack compacts too.
    Rooster and Holmes375 like this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    I never thought of it that way before. Could be. I think the XL is for people that do not want a pocket pistol but a medium sized gun that is easy to carry and in this case, impressive capacity. Linda like my XD-S 45 with 4" barrel. I wanted medium size, as thin as can be, not a pocket pistol, etc. There is a market for medium sized and thin pistols- less muzzle rise with the longer barrel, sight radius, velocity, and handling. Sig did a good job as their version can compete with double stack compacts too.
    I agree. The modular design sold me. Once SIG introduced factory magazines of various capacities, they had me and I jumped off the Glock wagon completely. You can get an XL, a 10 round grip frame and the option of 10/12/15 round factory magazines. Pack the capacity of a G26, an M&P 9c or a G19 with factory magazines all while still being slimmer and easier to carry and only one pistol. The 320 benefits from this too. Get a Compact and invest in some grip modules and you can carry any size 320 you like with the grip module and magazine of your choosing. This is a godsend for folks who live in states where they're limited to the number of carry guns they can have on their permit.

I personally think the serialized drop in Fire Control Unit is the way of the future and I hope Steyr loses the lawsuit. They've been sitting on that patent since the early 00's and it makes so much sense that going forward I would like to see it become common practice. At least for polymer framed guns.

Also, it's nice that if you mess up your lower, you're around $20-$25 to fix it for a new module.

My friend did a horrible home stipple job on his M&P9c and it cost him around $200 to pay S&W to put it in a new serialized lower.

Another guy I know left an empty Glock under his bed and his dog chewed the mag well. Again, around $200 to have repaired by Glock to get it all put into a new lower with his serial number on it.

320 and 365 owners just have to tap out a pin, pull out the FCU and drop it in a new module. All of 5 minutes max. Beautiful.
    viney266, MMinSC and BCC73 like this.

Distinguished Member Array viney266's Avatar
    I've looked ours over at the shop a good bit. We seem to be divided down the middle on it. I wanted one of the Kimbers with a trough site, and a buddy owns an AMY. I also like the Seecamp. So, those of us in the "no sights" close-range camp like this thing.

The porting (as cool as it is) is a turn off to me, mostly because of how load ported guns are.

The sight flat out works...if *BIG IF* you have the time to line it up properly. I am of the good idea camp. If you REALLY need to take a precise shot in a self-defense you can make this thing work (with some practice). Otherwise, quick and dirty under 25 feet....who needs em?

When you get the sight lined up JUST RIGHT you know it and the picture is perfect, however it would take some practice to get quick.

Thank God they used the flat trigger; I MUCH prefer it.

I don't think I will go buy one, but I like it....well, maybe.
    MMinSC likes this.
    Proud NRA Benefactor member, My wife, daughter and son are all life members.
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    Bad Bob That sight is the Mepro FT Bullseye that never did sell well .

Heres a better question for the long term concealed carrier folks , not the newbe's - How many times over the years have any of you ever had your stock sights snag on anything , even tall sights or a dot optic . How about the levers on your pistol causing snag concerns do to the levers sticking out to far now . Seems like more people complain about how they can't use a slide lock well enough do to its small size or a slide release lever could be larger or extended and the current take down levers not easy to use now !!! The hot thang today is adding some jumbo size "gas peddle " to use as a thumb rest .

Is the P365sas just the latest sig sales gimmick with the Mepro FT Bullseye sight !
    A fool and his money will soon part ways.
    hardluk1 likes this.

In regard to the P365 SAS, not tempting me. Especially with those sights. But SIG wouldn't be SIG without 10293920 variations of every gun. I imagine we'll have a P365 Legion Edition eventually as well.
    MMinSC likes this.

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMan0352 View Post
    It is

That explains why it reminds me of it!
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links