Glock 48

Glock 48

This is a discussion on Glock 48 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought a G48 in early July (of 2019) and I now have just over 550 rounds through it. I really like it. Currently my ...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 9 Post By Jeff22
  • 2 Post By Ceapea
  • 1 Post By Denverjay
  • 1 Post By Risasi

Thread: Glock 48

Glock 48

I bought a G48 in early July (of 2019) and I now have just over 550 rounds through it.

I really like it. Currently my warm weather concealment gun is a G43 and the cold weather concealment gun is a G19. I'm not sure the G48 will replace either gun in that role, but I really like it anyway.

I taught for a total of 13 years in the local regional police academy. I REALLY wish a Glock in this platform size would have been available 25 years ago. In every class we had two or three shooters (usually females but not always) who had small hands for whom a big service pistol with a double column magazine was too damn big. If they had S&W 59 series guns, we'd try to steer them to a S&W 39. If they had Sig 226s, we'd aim them at a P225. If they had a Beretta 92F, we would suggest a 92M. But there was never a Glock with a smaller and thinner grip we could offer as an alternative. The school had Arizona Response Systems do a grip reduction on a G17 and G19 that we used as loaner guns and that worked pretty well but a gun the size of a G48 would've worked better.

I think the G48 would make a great duty gun for shooters with small hands, presuming somebody begins to produce a suitable duty holster.
    G26Raven, Melvin, Ceapea and 6 others like this.

I just picked up a 43X. I was up in the air whether to get the 48 or the 43X. My buddy got a 43X and I loved shooting it. So that's the way I went. But, I'll probably end up with both anyway.
    sparkyfender and hogdaddy like this.
    Iím tip top, but Iím not Robin Hood!
    The man's nuts....grab 'em!
    A pistol free zone is a crime spree zone!
    NRA Life Member
    Thugs that comply, don't die!
    Thugs that comply, don't die!

Deep in the bowels of a hidden bunker....
    I've been asking/wanting a single stack G19 sized Glock for years now. When the G48 was released, I was in the market for a commander sized 1911 in 9mm. For me, the G48 filled that need and I'm very happy with the gun. I have over 500 rounds through mine to this point. It's had zero malfunctions, shoots great and is an outstanding CCW.
    sparkyfender likes this.
    "We can't shoot a dog. People? Okay, but not dogs." - Martin Riggs

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I like the G48 specs compared to my G19, this is my most likely next Glock. Not sure if the lighter weight is a liability to my accuracy but interested in concealed carrying this slimmer 10+1 9mm

Member IDPA & GSSF
    Preserve Our Rights

What I really want is a Glock 48 slide, with a threaded barrel for a little extra length, but on a 43 frame. I think that would make a really slick IWB belt carry for CCW and also a decent wood bumming kit gun. I have everything from std 6rd flush fit mags, several with Pearce +1's, a couple of Taran +3's too. I think these single stack Glocks are about perfect.
    hogdaddy likes this.

Myself would like a G28 with a 100 rd mag ; ) PS I like stack guns for conceal carry for sure
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

I really like my 43 .. I have several +2 mags .... I handled a 43X and a 48 .. Really nice feel

Sponsored Links