The only .380 I ever really wanted

This is a discussion on The only .380 I ever really wanted within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Usually I'm not a big fan of the .380 but the Walther PPK is a handgun I've sort of admired, mainly thanks to James Bond. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: The only .380 I ever really wanted

Usually I'm not a big fan of the .380 but the Walther PPK is a handgun I've sort of admired, mainly thanks to James Bond.

Plus that I fondled a .22LR version of the PPK one day while browsing a gun shop and it felt great in hand!

I've owned a couple other .380s in the past (Kel Tec P3AT and Ruger LCP) and got rid of both without regret.

I wasn't quite willing to settle on the Bersa Thunder .380 or a S&W version which believe has been discontinued. It needed to come from Walther for it to be in my collection.

Its a pleasant surprise when I learned Walther recently managed to put into production the new Walther PPK/S

As of late I find myself getting into small single stack guns so I'm glad I picked this little gem up on special order. They seem to be hard to find for some reason.

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

They are beautiful, but hard to justify. I had the Bersa once and traded it. Probably shouldnít have, but just didnít make sense. Thereís nothing like the original when it comes to the PPK.

Nice snag!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Check out the Beretta Model 84, Browning BDA-380, or CZ-83. I have them all. They are all out of production but I consider them to be the best .380 ACP pistols out there.
    Buckeye63 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Here my .380 A Walther PP. I use it as a pocket carry gun. Don't have the grips4U Walther grips in the gun now. I have put the stock grips that came on the gun back on it now because they make grips thinner. My wife wanted the Walther grips for her PP in 7.65mm (.32).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The only .380 I ever really wanted-8h2-pp-31722a-.380-right.jpg  

The only .380 I ever really wanted-8h3-pp-31722a-.380-left.jpg  

The only .380 I ever really wanted-wather-pp-.380.jpg  

Last edited by donp326; September 14th, 2019 at 02:12 PM.
    Sarge 80 1976-1983 US Air Force

Interarms PPK

I've had this Interarms version of the Walther PPK for quite a while. It is .380 caliber and is accurate and reliable. The DA trigger pull is a little heavy, but single action is not bad. The gun is very flat and easy to conceal. I think PPKs are very good looking guns. Interarms manufactured these in the US under license from Walther.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

I always wanted one for the James Bond association too but can't justify that price for a .380 at this time. If I stumbled upon one on a deal, I'd likely pick it up but I just checked the asking rate and no thank you. I do love Walther's though.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Distinguished Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    They are beautiful guns, but folks seem to either love or hate to shoot them. I hope you love it.

That said, Bond carried a .32 ACP PPK which is a gun I'd buy in a hot second if I stumbled on one for a decent price.

Quote Originally Posted by drmordo View Post
    They are beautiful guns, but folks seem to either love or hate to shoot them. I hope you love it.

That said, Bond carried a .32 ACP PPK which is a gun I'd buy in a hot second if I stumbled on one for a decent price.
    I knew a electrician that done some work for me back in 86 .. we were friends up to his untimely death 8 yrs ago ..... His EDC was a PPK 32acp ... His son-in-law has the pistol... BYW. Im number 3 on the waiting list ...
    Rock and Glock and drmordo like this.

My buddy has a pre-war PPK in .22...

I told him when he gets tired of it, Iím first on the list.
    drmordo likes this.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Quote Originally Posted by drmordo View Post

In the book "Dr. No," "M" introduces Bond to "Major Boothroyd" as "the greatest small-arms expert in the world." Boothroyd presents Bond with the PPK as a replacement for his Beretta .25. The famous line is "7.65 mm, with a delivery like a brick through a plate glass window. The American CIA swear by them." I never knew that was a valid assessment of ballistics! I did read that the newly formed CIA did use P-38s and PPKs in the years after WWII, but not because they thought they were the ideal gun. They were able to obtain a bunch of former German military Walthers that were completely undocumented. They made good throw-away pieces.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

I need one in case I meet a hot, single gramma that's ready for new romance.

Ohhh, James . . .
    drmordo and Melvin like this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

I sold the only 380 I ever wanted, a Colt Pocketlite. It disappointed me. 380's are really cool guns, but I'll just look at all the ones you guys own. Anybody want to buy a set of dies?
    Peace

I have a Colt Mustang MKIV Series 80 in 380 that is a sweet carry gun. Small and easy to pocket carry.
    "Fiel pero desdichado"
    Loyal but unfortunate.

family Motto of Winston Churchill

I'm partial to the Sig P230 and P232.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

I have owned both ppks and the sig 232. My preference is the 232.
    Kilowatt3 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links