A different look at the concept of the BUG - Page 3

A different look at the concept of the BUG

This is a discussion on A different look at the concept of the BUG within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I’ve generally used the term “secondary” although “alternate” might be the most accurate term....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 36 of 36
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: A different look at the concept of the BUG

  1. #31
    VIP Member Array 10thmtn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,802
    I’ve generally used the term “secondary” although “alternate” might be the most accurate term.
    Bad Bob, G-man* and MMinSC like this.
    Stay calm and listen to SKA!

  2. #32
    VIP Member
    Array PhaedrusIV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    How does that one shoot? Have you run it hard?
    It shoots as well as my stainless Colt Commander, Bob.

    I wouldn't necessarily say that I've run it "hard" but it's had two or three good workouts (maybe a couple hundred rounds each time) and I've been extremely pleased with it.

    (Go to Buds and look at the user ratings for this model.)
    OD*, Bad Bob and G-man* like this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

  3. #33
    VIP Member Array Bad Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The BAD lands
    Posts
    12,630
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaedrusIV View Post
    It shoots as well as my stainless Colt Commander, Bob.

    I wouldn't necessarily say that I've run it "hard" but it's had two or three good workouts (maybe a couple hundred rounds each time) and I've been extremely pleased with it.

    (Go to Buds and look at the user ratings for this model.)
    I got rid of my Ruger LW commander. It shot fine but when I hammered it in IDPA it kept choking.different loads, different mags. Casual shooting it did fine.
    G-man*, OD* and PhaedrusIV like this.
    Check out the CR-12 - wilkinsontactical.com

  4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #34
    Member Array colding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rincon, Georgia
    Posts
    468
    BUG can also become a primary for someone with you.
    OD* likes this.
    Glock 19 • Glock 26 • Springfield Armory XDS .45 • Kahr CM9 • S&W Shield 9MM

    GeorgiaCarry.org Member

  6. #35
    VIP Member Array G-man*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    18,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    I got rid of my Ruger LW commander. It shot fine but when I hammered it in IDPA it kept choking.different loads, different mags. Casual shooting it did fine.
    So far, I have ran mine till it’s too hot to touch the metal and it has been good to go. Probably as many rounds fired in 30 minutes as an entire IDPA match, without the cool down period in between stages.

    I use that white Tetra Gun grease, which seem to be an excellent lube for the metal guns.
    PhaedrusIV and Bad Bob like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

    “ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

  7. #36
    VIP Member Array Bad Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The BAD lands
    Posts
    12,630
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    So far, I have ran mine till it’s too hot to touch the metal and it has been good to go. Probably as many rounds fired in 30 minutes as an entire IDPA match, without the cool down period in between stages.

    I use that white Tetra Gun grease, which seem to be an excellent lube for the metal guns.
    I tried synthetic oil and gunslick.
    G-man* likes this.
    Check out the CR-12 - wilkinsontactical.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •