Can't make up my mind

Can't make up my mind

This is a discussion on Can't make up my mind within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No real point to this post besides sharing what's on my brain today...and maybe find out I'm not alone. Not sure there is a cure? ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Can't make up my mind

Can't make up my mind

No real point to this post besides sharing what's on my brain today...and maybe find out I'm not alone. Not sure there is a cure?

Not sure if anyone else is in this camp, but I flip flop on what to carry all the time. Some people call it a rotation, but I don't want a rotation LOL.

I want to carry a compact size gun, and 80-90% of the time that is what I do. My go to has been my M&P 2.0 Compact 3.6" lately. Then I open up the safe and see my G19, G26, or M&P shield 2.0 and fall for one of them. Or I'll see a video on youtube...or a post on here...and boom I'll switch to something else. I really do like all of them. Also there are times when I need a little more discretion and will carry the subcompacts, but that is not the norm.

Most would say, and I don't disagree, that is not a big problem. 3-4 guns with same manual of arms, same holster brand, same pretty much everything...just go with what you want for the day or week. But I want to be that guy that carried the "same gun" for 30 years...or something like that...

So, you guys that carry only one...how did you get to that point/decision? #Endfirstworldproblemsdiscussion
    BCC73 and mhl6493 like this.

I used to be that way until I bought the 9mm Shield. It's my 100% EDC now.
    Glock 19 ē Glock 26 ē Springfield Armory XDS .45 ē Kahr CM9 ē S&W Shield 9MM

GeorgiaCarry.org Member

I carry only one gun, and got there after I bought many guns and even more holsters over the years.
    BCC73, hogdaddy, Poorly and 4 others like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by colding View Post
    I used to be that way until I bought the 9mm Shield. It's my 100% EDC now.
    How did you come to that decision? I like the shield alot...then I would tempted to carry two of them LOL!

Distinguished Member
    My EDC is my PPS M2. I used to have a RM380 for vey deep concealment, but I sold it after finding am IWB holster that provided exceptional concealment of my Walther. I do not and will not rotate pistols. Every Day Carry means that nt Some Day Carry. My PPS M2 is with me 24/7. While everyone must make their own choices I believe that when you could depend upon a piece of gear it is best that it feels like an extension of your body. I train, practice, and carry the PPS M2 only because I think such specialization is best.
    ParsonBrown and bullet183 like this.
    "You don't hurt them if you don't hit them." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC Retired

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June Ď66 to February Ď68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Quote Originally Posted by ParsonBrown View Post
    How did you come to that decision? I like the shield alot...then I would tempted to carry two of them LOL!
    I shoot it pretty good, it's never had a malfunction in over a thousand rounds or so and it's way more comfortable for AIWB carry than my double-stacks. If I feel I need more firepower, I'll bring along a second magazine in my front pocket. I shoot my Kahr CM9 better and it conceals well, too, but it isn't reliable enough to trust for my EDC.
    Wavygravy and ParsonBrown like this.
    Glock 19 ē Glock 26 ē Springfield Armory XDS .45 ē Kahr CM9 ē S&W Shield 9MM

GeorgiaCarry.org Member

VIP Member
    Nope. I don't flip flop. Every day it is between IWB carry (Sig P365) or pocket carry (Kahr P380). That's not to say it wasn't a long road of different EDCs and a drawer full of holsters to get there.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Quote Originally Posted by colding View Post
    I shoot it pretty good, it's never had a malfunction in over a thousand rounds or so and it's way more comfortable for AIWB carry than my double-stacks. If I feel I need more firepower, I'll bring along a second magazine in my front pocket. I shoot my Kahr CM9 better and it conceals well, too, but it isn't reliable enough to trust for my EDC.
    The Shield is hard to beat imo. I have about 4000 rounds through mine so far, never had a malfunction of any kind.
    colding, hogdaddy and ParsonBrown like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ParsonBrown View Post
    My 2.0 Shield .45s are as accurate and reliable as any of my other carry guns. They have a slimmer profile, friendlier grip and excellent triggers. Sometimes I do carry two of them.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

I donít flip-flop on EDC. Like 1942Bull says, Iím consistently carrying the one thatís right, no switching around. Itís also the one that has the best mix, for me, of capacity, count and concealability. Itíll serve to protect me and my family, thatís enough. Iím going to two day glock school at Vance Outdoors in a couple of weeks so I might become more skilled with it. But yeah, manual of arms for one firearm is enough for me.
    ParsonBrown likes this.

Member IDPA & GSSF
    Preserve Our Rights

I carry a sub compact LCP most of the HOT weather down here. In winter I go with the M&P9c.
    I would get a shield in.45, Other than that I se no reason to get a 9mm shield ; )
    H/D
    ParsonBrown likes this.
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    Primary carry is one of 3 Shields and I also carry a Kahr CT380 or Ruger LCP some days. For the most part, situations of the day influence my choice. I am very familiar with all of these guns and if swapping among them causes me a problem in some defensive situation...I was doomed anyway and no amount of "carrying the same gun all of the time" would have made any difference.
    ďThe everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.Ē Skeeter Skelton

I carry one of two guns depending on the situation. I've shot both guns enough to know which one I'm carrying and how. The "carrying just one gun all of the time" concept isn't that important to me. As always, diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks....
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

I donít rotate carry guns. There are two guns that I carry based on my concealment needs, a Glock 26 and a 19 which are essentially the same gun or at least close enough that I can switch between the two with no learning curve.

All the training Iíve been able to take since I started carrying has emphasized simplicity and I do everything thing I can to keep things simple

Oddly enough the most notable advantage Iíve seen so far is the time I no longer waste deciding which gun Iím going to carry.
    SAXDM9 and ParsonBrown like this.

Can't make up my mind-diversity.png
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links