Considering a pocket 380......What do you carry and why? - Page 3

Considering a pocket 380......What do you carry and why?

This is a discussion on Considering a pocket 380......What do you carry and why? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Paladin...................

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree301Likes

Thread: Considering a pocket 380......What do you carry and why?

Paladin................

I have a Sig P238 HD. It's the all steel model.

Weighs a bit more than some, but the easiest gun I've found to learn to shoot.

Very nice sights. Reliable.

Considering a pocket 380......What do you carry and why?-dscn0541.jpg
    MMinSC, Cuda66 and 5lima30ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockymonster View Post
    That’s interesting!
    Not really...they’re basically the same gun.

IIRC, If you want to use Sig mags in a Kimber, the flush fit fine, but you need to trim a little off the baseplate on the extended mags...
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array dennis40x's Avatar
    Advice from the multitudes costs nothing and generally worth the same. I was told that decades in the past. Thus what I just wrote applies! You are your own best judge.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis40x View Post
    Advice from the multitudes costs nothing and generally worth the same. I was told that decades in the past. Thus what I just wrote applies! You are your own best judge.
    Thanks......Of course the comment on “advice” may be true, however, research, recommendations and the like go a long way in helping make an informed decision. I was told that decades ago as well.... Rest assured, I make my own decisions!
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF, ISAA

Distinguished Member Array dennis40x's Avatar
    Thanks......Of course the comment on “advice” may be true, however, research, recommendations and the like go a long way in helping make an informed decision. I was told that decades ago as well.... Rest assured, I make my own decisions!
    What I have found,opinions are usually based on a sample of one as opposed to a sampling of multiple's taken at random from different production lots. My example would be the S&W Shield-45ACP which was problematic, thus returned to the factory and was still problematic when returned. Yet others praise the S&W Shield-45ACP.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis40x View Post
    What I have found,opinions are usually based on a sample of one as opposed to a sampling of multiple's taken at random from different production lots. My example would be the S&W Shield-45ACP which was problematic, thus returned to the factory and was still problematic when returned. Yet others praise the S&W Shield-45ACP.
    Oh brother......
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF, ISAA

Distinguished Member
    Every pistol and model will have people who have had great results and ones who have had problems. It's a matter of how many good reports versus bad reports you hear.
    Take the Shield line as an example -- with 3 million or so shipped so far, I'd say it's likely that some people will report problems. The majority, obviously, have not -- or the line wouldn't be so popular.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Well we have three Gen 1 LCPs in the family. So our sample size is a bit more than one. And we’ve had them for 10 years now.

Our first is my wife’s, it was subject to the early recall, and had the takedown pin break a few times.

My “Righty” was next, never a problem.

My “Lefty” required two trips back to Ruger to fix jamming issues. Then, a few years later, the takedown pin fell out and the gun disassembled itself at the range. Ruger shipped me three redesigned pins, and that was that.

I’ve personally seen the issues, and Ruger’s resolution of them, over the ten years we’ve now had them. They’ve worked out the bugs, and Ruger customer service is outstanding.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

After over two years of edc, my BG had to go back due to the mag catch wearing down and dropping the mag during firing.

Got it back last week, and now it’s back in the rotation. Problems can arise with any of them. The main thing is to pick a pocket gun that you can pull and fire as quickly, accurately, and safely as possible.

I could probably live with any of them on a day to day basis. Just pick one on the preference of fire control, budget, and what is going to be tolerable in your pocket, and I think you will be happy with any of them.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Sig P238, reliability, accuracy, conceal-ability front or back pockets and just a flat out great shooti' pistol.
    bjrjar, MMinSC and Rockymonster like this.
    "Anyone who will tear down sports will tear down America.
    Sports and Religion have made America what it is today. -- Woody Hayes"

Quote Originally Posted by mck1975 View Post
    Sig P238, reliability, accuracy, conceal-ability front or back pockets and just a flat out great shooti' pistol.
    That was my pick also. I have no complaints, been my EDC for several years now. Fits in my front pocket — using a DeSantis pocket holster. It’s like they used to say about Jeeps “works good, lasts a long time”...

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    mck1975 and Rockymonster like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bjrjar View Post
    That was my pick also. I have no complaints, been my EDC for several years now. Fits in my front pocket — using a DeSantis pocket holster. It’s like they used to say about Jeeps “works good, lasts a long time”...

Bob

I also love the DeSantis pocket holster, works great.
    Rockymonster likes this.
    "Anyone who will tear down sports will tear down America.
    Sports and Religion have made America what it is today. -- Woody Hayes"

Quote Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
    The 911 has been having teething problems, it seems...feed issues, mostly.

The Kimbers are pretty nice; I was actually going to get one until a local store had a discontinued model P238 for a great price...which is what I got.

But I wouldn’t go against the Kimber...I actually mainly run Kimber mags in my 238; half the price of Sig mags, fit & function perfectly.
    Really like my Kimber Micro CDP.

Cuda66 and Rockymonster like this.

Looking at adding a pocket carry 380 to my carry options. Taking cost out of the equation, I’m trying to determine the best options for shoot-ability (comfortable to shoot, least snappy, accuracy, etc), good ergos, good for pocket carry, capacity, etc.

Lots of choices out there....thoughts?
    I carry (more and more frequently, BTW) a Ruger LCP II. The primary reasons are: First, I went from a 1911 platform because I worried I might fail to release safety in a SHTF scenario. In came a Sig 365. Fast forward (along with some weight loss) and I seemed to notice people at the office kind of looking inquisitively at me like they might have "made" me. So second, I looked for something smaller as I didn't want to get into a situation where a policy of no carry being implemented. Better a .380 than nothing IMO. This is not a long distance shooter if you can avoid it. More of an up close and personal weapon. It is a bit snappy because, well, it is a .380 and it is small. Only way around that is a heavier pistol I suppose. My kid liked it enough that he got one too for similar reasons. Very reliable as I have put a lot of rounds through it. Mine came with a second mag which I always carry. Gives me 13 rounds.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links