Considering a pocket 380......What do you carry and why? - Page 8

Considering a pocket 380......What do you carry and why?

This is a discussion on Considering a pocket 380......What do you carry and why? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Doghandler They should call it the "Inspector Gadget Special". No dog treats? You were ripped off! GO GO Gadget GUNS!!...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree301Likes

Thread: Considering a pocket 380......What do you carry and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    They should call it the "Inspector Gadget Special".

No dog treats? You were ripped off!
    GO GO Gadget GUNS!!
    Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everyone that you meet. General James "Mad Dog" Mattis USMC

A .380 in your pocket is better than a 45 in your truck.

Used to carry my Colt Government .380 some until the LCP came out.

Considering a pocket 380......What do you carry and why?-aa0c1583-6461-4497-a5a7-ac88cc20bd9a.jpeg
    drmordo and Rockymonster like this.
    It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.
    - Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar (Mark Twain)

I carry a Taurus TCP .380 when I need to carry a pocket pistol. When I can conceal better, I carry a Taurus 709 Slim 9mm.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

That Colt is a beautiful piece! It looks almost brand new.

QUOTE=Armybrat;7788012]Used to carry my Colt Government .380 some until the LCP came out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AA0C1583-6461-4497-A5A7-AC88CC20BD9A.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	302730[/QUOTE]

Less than a box of ammo through it. Have not carried it in over 20 years. Still have the box & all the papers.
    It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.
    - Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar (Mark Twain)

The only thing I like in my pants pockets is my wallet, I don't even carry keys, just my car fob. So I don't carry any pocket guns and I only use one type of holster. This one holster will hold everything from my Taurus .380 up to my Taurus TH9 9mm. The belt will run through the back or through the front to hold the gun tighter to you waist. It can also be used IWB with a metal clip that is included.

Considering a pocket 380......What do you carry and why?-20190731_115015.jpgConsidering a pocket 380......What do you carry and why?-20190731_115035.jpg

If I'm wearing a suit coat or a jacket I might use my shoulder holster, which is the most comfortable for me.

As far as a gun for you, look at the Taurus Spectrum (I own one) or any number of others that have already been mentioned. You be the judge of what you are most comfortable with.

Self-Defense Education, Training & Legal Protection
    For Responsibly Armed Americans

David R

Doghandler and ETXhiker like this.

I will occasionally pocket carry my Colt Mustang MKIV Series 80. It is a "mini me" 1911 and always goes boom!
    "Fiel pero desdichado"
    Loyal but unfortunate.

family Motto of Winston Churchill

Distinguished Member Array 1MoreFord's Avatar
    I have a Walther PPK and a Ruger LCP. I originally bought the PPK to shoot in snubby/BUG side matches my ole IPSC club held in addition to a carry function. Back before the last presidential election I felt the need to acquire a small single stack 9mm and realized my new 9mm was essentially the size of my PPK and then decided I should have a smaller .380 and picked up a LCP Custom to fill that roll.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by rlggray View Post
    S&W Bodyguard has been my favorite because I'm a hammer guy and I've never had a jam of any kind through roughly 2000 rounds and only 2 light strikes. But with restrike capability, it wasn't a problem.

This target is from 15 yards standing a couple of weeks ago. So it's a fairly accurate little guy. My Kahr CW380 is a little more accurate, but the grip is really small and doesn't feel as good as the S&W.
    What kind of holster is that?
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rlggray View Post
    S&W Bodyguard has been my favorite because I'm a hammer guy and I've never had a jam of any kind through roughly 2000 rounds and only 2 light strikes. But with restrike capability, it wasn't a problem.

This target is from 15 yards standing a couple of weeks ago. So it's a fairly accurate little guy. My Kahr CW380 is a little more accurate, but the grip is really small and doesn't feel as good as the S&W.
    What kind of holster is that?

RKBA (Right to keep and bear arms) leather pocket holster. It offers good retention (gun won't come out of holster without force) , but because of the hooks, holster always stays in pocket when drawing the gun. It's a very stiff leather, almost kydex stiff.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Considering a pocket 380......What do you carry and why?-screenshot_20190808-114907_gallery_1570674582360.jpg  

Considering a pocket 380......What do you carry and why?-screenshot_20190808-114903_gallery_1570674603750.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by David R View Post
    The only thing I like in my pants pockets is my wallet, I don't even carry keys, just my car fob. So I don't carry any pocket guns and I only use one type of holster. This one holster will hold everything from my Taurus .380 up to my Taurus TH9 9mm. The belt will run through the back or through the front to hold the gun tighter to you waist. It can also be used IWB with a metal clip that is included.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190731_115015.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	302932Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190731_115035.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	302934

If I'm wearing a suit coat or a jacket I might use my shoulder holster, which is the most comfortable for me.

As far as a gun for you, look at the Taurus Spectrum (I own one) or any number of others that have already been mentioned. You be the judge of what you are most comfortable with.
    Where can I purchase a holster like that ?

I carry a Sig 938 (9mm) every day which is slightly bigger then itís young brother the Sig 238(380). I carried the 238 till I wanted that little extra of 9mm with very little weight added. Either pistol would be great.
    Rockymonster likes this.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye63 View Post
    Where can I purchase a holster like that ?
    I got mine at Academy Sports. Look also online at Amazon or https://byallen.com/product-category...lsters/page/2/
    Hope this helps you.
    Buckeye63 likes this.

Self-Defense Education, Training & Legal Protection
    For Responsibly Armed Americans

David R

Quote Originally Posted by David R View Post
    I got mine at Academy Sports. Look also online at Amazon or https://byallen.com/product-category...lsters/page/2/
    Hope this helps you.
    I will run by academy... Thx

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Sponsored Links