I'm in the CZ game now - Page 2

I'm in the CZ game now

This is a discussion on I'm in the CZ game now within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by deadguy Just what I need...another platform that breeds. With that being said, I had been looking at CZ's SAO models recently. I ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree159Likes

Thread: I'm in the CZ game now

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    Just what I need...another platform that breeds.

With that being said, I had been looking at CZ's SAO models recently. I would prefer to have a SAO model, but this one should be a decent introduction to CZs. I don't really care for the DA pull, but the SA and thumb safety do appeal to me (a la 1911).
    Ha!

Send it to Cajun Gun Works down here in Louisiana.

You probably cannot imagine what it will be like then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    deadguy likes this.

I've always heard good things about CZ handguns, but never got one. Looks like you got ahold of a good one.

I do have one of their rifles; a 452 in 22wmr and it's one heckuva nice firearm.
    deadguy likes this.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Ha!

Send it to Cajun Gun Works down here in Louisiana.

You probably cannot imagine what it will be like then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's tempting, but I know me very well. My tendency to sell guns after I have had them and shot them a bit is what concerns me. Dumping $400 into this one and then deciding I want the next new shiny one that comes along would hurt me in the end. However, I know that a CGW package raises the value of a pistol.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    May you be in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Nice pistol.
    My SP-01 is a .40 cal and the gun I shoot most accurately. I don’t get any trigger bite at all from the funky curved trigger. This big hunk of steel sure makes for a soft shooting 40. I bet 9mm has next to no recoil.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I'm in the CZ game now-ced86c5c-b9b0-46db-8348-2d7ef2da0caf.jpeg  

deadguy, OD* and Militant like this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

Quote Originally Posted by Struckat View Post
    Nice pistol.
    My SP-01 is a .40 cal and the gun I shoot most accurately. I don’t get any trigger bite at all from the funky curved trigger. This big hunk of steel sure makes for a soft shooting 40. I bet 9mm has next to no recoil.
    I did not know there was a .40 S&W version of the SP-01. Looks like I got another CZ pistol on my shopping list now.

Quote Originally Posted by m5215 View Post
    I did not know there was a .40 S&W version of the SP-01. Looks like I got another CZ pistol on my shopping list now.
    Discontinued two years ago. As soon as I heard I went on a search and found one locally. It was a rental that no one wanted to rent. Looked near new and they showed me the log where they keep track of the rounds. It had just over 200 through it, no regrets.

I also have the SP-01 Phantom, polymer framed 9mm with the standard CZ ergo. Another very well mannered pistol.

At one point I had 5 CZ, but I have only kept the SP-01s
    OD*, deadguy and sparkyfender like this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

I have had this PCR for several years. Installed the walnut grips a couple of years ago. Haven't done anything to this beauty and it is sort of my "barbecue gun".

Trooper Joe
    Shootnlead, OldVet, OD* and 5 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Joe View Post
    I have had this PCR for several years. Installed the walnut grips a couple of years ago. Haven't done anything to this beauty and it is sort of my "barbecue gun".

Trooper Joe
    That is a beauty!
    OD*, bakes and sparkyfender like this.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

Mine fits my hand like it was custom made for it. Of all my guns, it fits the best by far. The curved trigger is not a problem for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I'm in the CZ game now-screenshot_20190823-145253_gallery_1568940041173.jpg  

OD*, deadguy, bakes and 2 others like this.

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    I've three CZs that were off to Cajun for the full monty...an SP-01 Tactical, a PCR, and a P-01. Love them all.
    deadguy, Struckat and bmcgilvray like this.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    CZs are like Lay's potato chips... bet you can't have just one!
    You can't, I have 3 and several more on my radar!
    deadguy and bmcgilvray like this.
    Beretta 92 FS Compact Inox
    CZ 2075 RAMI
    CZ P-07
    CZ P-10c
    Walther PPS

VIP Member
    Took the CZ out today and have to say it's a nice shooter. Problem I have now is that I'm considering an upgrade, as in, a better one. I shot it alongside my Sig P320 XCarry, and while I liked the optic mounted on the Sig better than the irons on the CZ, I liked shooting the CZ more. Two guys shooting beside me shot them both, and said the exact same thing.

So my main question is, which model has the same, or very similar, grip size and ergonomics as the SP01? I like how it feels in my hand, and don't think I would like one with a larger grip. Smaller (as in thinner) would even be OK. I would like for it to have the manual safety as well. While a SAO version would be ideal since I most likely won't use it in DA, it's not a deal breaker. I'm not concerned about length of dust cover or if it has/doesn't have a rail. An optic mount would be a plus, but not a necessity since one can be milled later.

It's possible this upgrade would take the place of both the SP01 and the Sig.
    OD* and bmcgilvray like this.
    May you be in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead

Here's my CZ-75. It's a pre B, and was is a Czech police surplus. Made in 1992. It has a really smooth trigger. I did put a B style slide release on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I'm in the CZ game now-8e4-cz-75-preb-j7400-left-resized.jpg  

Last edited by donp326; September 28th, 2019 at 04:33 PM.
    OD*, Militant, deadguy and 1 others like this.
    Sarge 80 1976-1983 US Air Force

Distinguished Member Array Militant's Avatar
    Very nice! Congrats!
    HK USP Compact .45 stainless HK USP Compact .40 stainless HK USP Compact .45
    HK USP Compact 9mm HK 45c HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box” - Frederick Douglas

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Ah CZ, I have three right now and have had up to 5 at one time. I like CZ so much it's become my go to ccw so much in fact that as of last month I got rid of my last 1911 and have gone 100% CZ. Crazy I know!!!
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links