Changed My Mind (again) and got a Sig P365 - Page 3

Changed My Mind (again) and got a Sig P365

This is a discussion on Changed My Mind (again) and got a Sig P365 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Astom22 Cheeks in the head, the jowls,thats the tamale meat. Not the rump roast. Boston Butt is the shoulder, however it makes ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Changed My Mind (again) and got a Sig P365

Distinguished Member Array druryj's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Astom22 View Post
    Cheeks in the head, the jowls,thats the tamale meat. Not the rump roast.

Boston Butt is the shoulder, however it makes amazing pulled pork when smoked properly.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
    Then why don’t they call it Boston Shoulder? Butt is such an asinine word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MMinSC likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by druryj View Post

I like the word actually....

”I like big Butts and I cannot lie!”

Sir Mix-a-Lot
    Astom22 and Chief1297 like this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF

Quote Originally Posted by druryj View Post

If it keeps people away because of the name, I'm all for it. Keeps the price down on one of my favorite meats for the smoker.

Rockymonster and druryj like this.
    Using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Astom22 View Post
    If it keeps people away because of the name, I'm all for it. Keeps the price down on one of my favorite meats for the smoker.

Yeah.....shhhhhhhh......keep it quiet.........
    Astom22 and druryj like this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Quote Originally Posted by Rockymonster View Post
    “ ...ears, head, feet.”
    Oh please. They are the best.

Trotters with Green Tomato Jam- Feet. Little bite size fried breaded cakes with some green tomato jam on top. So rich and tender with that tangy sweet jam to offset the richness.

Pozole- Head. Wonderful soup with hominy, tomatoes and vegetables and topped with avocado, cilantro, shredded cabbage, tortilla chips, etc. So rich and hearty and the toppings make it fresh for hot weather.

Pig Ear Sandwich- Ok, I admit not everyone might not like this one. The first two I would give to anyone and they would not know what it is made from anyway. This will still look like an ear. Just boil them ears in some water until tender. Have to break down all that cartilage so it is soft. Slow smoke for a few hours. Serve on a soft bun with vinegar based coleslaw and serve with tobasco. Very rich, tender and juicy.
    Rooster likes this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

My Mom used to make brains and eggs....
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    That is the saddest thing I ever read.
    As a fellow southerner, I agree.
    MMinSC and Wavygravy like this.

VIP Member
    Pig’s ears are our “Grand Dog’s” favorite treat. He’s a husky/malamute mix....
    MMinSC and Rooster like this.

I can shoot the 43 better than 365 — until I added a Hogue grip then it shoots as good as the 43.

On holsters, I am leather bias. I have a Mark Garrity’s inconspicuous IWB for my 43, it actually fits the 365. So, they share a home :-)

druryj likes this.

Senior Member Array 1gunsnowbird's Avatar
    OP - I also resisted and kept watching the forums to see if/when they got the bugs worked out. I took a gamble and bought one over the phone in May, just before my annual migration up north. The gun sat in storage at the LGS until Friday, September 13 when I rescued the poor thing and ran my first 150 rounds through it on the LGS indoor range. Not a single hitch with a mix of ammunition.

I had shot a couple of them last spring after some IDPA and BUG matches, so it wasn't a BIG gamble for me. Plus, I checked in with some shooting buddies over the summer and their guns were all functioning fine.

Perhaps I got a bit excited, but I sold both of my Glock 43s and turned around and ordered another 365 last week. It arrived at my favorite home-based FFL dealer on Thursday, so I hustled out there Friday morning, attached a Streamlight TLR-6 to the new gun, then ran another 100 rounds through the first one and loaded up all my mags with WWB ball ammo and ran through all of those loads very fast through the new gun. No problems. One full 15-round mag and a full 12-rounder of Federal HST loads without a problem and I'm calling it good for home defense and early morning/evening walks.

I took both of them to an IDPA match on Saturday morning, just so I'd have a backup in the event of a malfunction. It wasn't necessary. In fact, I was only down 11 points until I had a brain fart on the last two stages, which dropped me to 36th position out of 50 shooters. Without the screwups, I would have landed in the top half of the pack, shooting in the SSP division with two 12-round mags and WWB 115 ball ammo. Overall, I was pleased, because I hadn't shot any handgun all summer long and no competition since last April. I'm thinking by the end of my 'season' I should be consistently in the top half or top third. (In my wildest dweams I'd land in the top fourth.)

Keep in mind, I'm shooting against much larger guns with trigger jobs, optics (in some cases) and drop-free magazines. I have to literally pull the empty mag out of my 365 on a reload. In addition, my club typically has national and international champions in the mix. I mean, these men and women are GOOD.

Never thought I'd walk away from my Glocks, but after I sell my Gen 5 G26, I'll be Glock-free … which hasn't happened in nearly 15 years. Kinda scary, but I have that much confidence in the 365. The darn thing provides so many CC options: AIWB, IWB @3:30, OWB, ankle, pocket --- you name the place and this gun will pretty much fit there.

So far, I'm using a BBF carbon fiber at 3:30 and an Uncle Mike's pocket holster. I might add a Vedder Light Tuck for AIWB and a Vedder Pocket Locker but I'm not rushing into that quite yet. For the near future I'll mainly stick with 3:30 and occasional pocket carry. Heaven forbid I should get so comfy carrying in my right front pocket that I'll sell my Ruger LCPII. That would be quite a transition, so I think the LCP is safe … for now.
    Gumfighter - Big bubbles, no troubles. Hubba Bubba bubble gum

I also finally stopped resisting and bought my 365... $499 for the p365, two 10rd mags, a 12rd came free (sale), and Sig has a rebate going on when you buy a 365, 365XL, 938, or 238 for $30 to use at the online Sig store... just couldn’t pass it up anymore.

Litespeed, MMinSC, druryj and 1 others like this.

Changed My Mind (again) and got a Sig P365

Well I got to the range with my new P365 today and it won me over. I shot a variety of 115 and 124 gr FMJ and finished with some Gold Dots in the 124 gr +P flavor. The little pistol ran like a top; not a single issue. It’s a keeper. I’m going to order a 12 rd mag and a holster from Tucker Gunleather and start carrying it now. It is an impressive little gun.

Distinguished Member Array FLSlim's Avatar
    Congrats and glad you had positive results at the range! I don't find the size of the P365 creates any problem with grip or related issues, except, when you try to eject the flush fit magazine without altering your grip. However if you find the grip to be an issue, you might even want to look at the 15 round mags.
    1gunsnowbird likes this.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

Distinguished Member Array Chief1297's Avatar
    I guess I shouldn't even mention how much I like my pigs feet pickled...but I do
    The 1911 is an antiquated weapons system but then again, so am I.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Quote Originally Posted by FLSlim View Post
    Congrats and glad you had positive results at the range! I don't find the size of the P365 creates any problem with grip or related issues, except, when you try to eject the flush fit magazine without altering your grip. However if you find the grip to be an issue, you might even want to look at the 15 round mags.
    The 15 round mags would be fine for back up or range use, but sort of defeats the purpose for carry. Might as well carry a bigger gun.

Wavygravy likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links