Changed My Mind (again) and got a Sig P365

This is a discussion on Changed My Mind (again) and got a Sig P365 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, despite what I said some time ago about it being too small for me, I caved in, after handling a buddy's, and got a ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Changed My Mind (again) and got a Sig P365

Distinguished Member Array druryj's Avatar

Well, despite what I said some time ago about it being too small for me, I caved in, after handling a buddy's, and got a P365 yesterday. Holy Cow, it's itty-bitty! I hope I can shoot it! I plan on getting to the range ASAP to work on it and we'll see. I do like the quality though, I like Sigs and I know my M-11A1 is a keeper; so if I can master the tiny grip and shoot this thing...well, we shall see. On the hopeful side, recommendations for both Kydex and Leather? I like AIWB carry.

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    My son got one.
    First pistol he bought after getting his LTC.
    He likes it. He has hands like his mom slender
    It disappears in my ham hocks
    ETXhiker, Sister and 1gunsnowbird like this.

Congrats on the new pistol. Had my 365 out today and put several rounds through it. I find it to be a great shooting little pistol. I carry mine in a Vedder Light Tuck kydex IWB holster or an Alabama kydex pocket holster.
    ETXhiker and 1gunsnowbird like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I shoot the P365 better than my Glock 43X. Simply amazing little gun.

I'vr shot my wife's quite a bit. It's not a tough gun to shoot.
    ETXhiker and 1gunsnowbird like this.
    "If you look like food, you will be eaten." Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

"Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

I agree that it's not tough to shoot. I shot it better out of the box than my G43 or j-frames. I also had more experience by time I got the P365, but that's neither here nor there!

Insidious, aren't they? I bought my first one in May, then another one (with MS) in July, and have been barely resisting getting an NRA version and an XL. I have no idea how I'm going to resist the SAS once they hit the streets. :p

For holsters - Tulster isn't bad for Kydex. I carry AIWB in a Kusiak Old-Fashioned (Tuckable) leather. Lots of good options out there, I hear great things about the Tier 1 Axis Slim.

I've had my 365 for about a year and it has been bomb proof. 1500+ rounds of mixed ammunition without a single hitch of any kind. I like everything about it including the excellent and bright night sights, trigger and overall feel and shootability. I have two G43s that I've had for a few years and I love and still carry them some, but it's just flat out hard to beat the 365. Unlike my Glocks, the 365 comes complete ready to use out of the box while the Glocks need at least a set of after-market sights.

I have two holsters for my 365. The IWB is a Vedder Light Tuck and my OWB is the excellent BlackPoint Sig exclusive for the 365. Kind of a small footprint for an OWB holster. I like it better than any other OWB holster I own.

https://www.vedderholsters.com/lighttuck/

https://blackpointtactical.com/shop/sig-exclusive-owb/

OP, congratulations on your new 365. May you shoot it in good health.
    ETXhiker, Rooster, druryj and 1 others like this.
    NRA Life Member
    Marine Corps Veteran
    Vietnam Veteran

Congrats on the P365. It'a great shooter as others have said. I had the same complaint you did about the grip. That is, until I actually shot one. It's a very accurate shooter and makes me look better than I am. I carry mine in a Vedder Light Tuck. Great holsters. They are running 10% off right now, I believe. If not, try code "carrytrainer". That worked for me a couple weeks ago.
    ETXhiker, MMinSC, Sister and 3 others like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member
    I'm not listening. La-lalalalal....
    Pappy35, ETXhiker, druryj and 3 others like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

For AIWB Custom Carry Concepts, He's a member here.
    druryj likes this.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappy35 View Post
    I shoot the P365 better than my Glock 43X. Simply amazing little gun.
    Me too.
    1gunsnowbird likes this.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by SnoMan97 View Post
    Congrats on the P365. It'a great shooter as others have said. I had the same complaint you did about the grip. That is, until I actually shot one. It's a very accurate shooter and makes me look better than I am. I carry mine in a Vedder Light Tuck. Great holsters. They are running 10% off right now, I believe. If not, try code "carrytrainer". That worked for me a couple weeks ago.
    Some little guns seem to shoot like bigger guns. My 938 being one as well. Not sure why.
    SnoMan97, druryj and G26Raven like this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Would like a feed back on how the grip ends up working out? Anything that allows my pinky finger to not be able to rest on the grip is not that comfortable to me.

Love the gun, love the size! Congrats and will be looking forward to your report on if you got use to the grip or not.
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDN’T KILL HIMSELF

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Would like a feed back on how the grip ends up working out? Anything that allows my pinky finger to not be able to rest on the grip is not that comfortable to me.

Love the gun, love the size! Congrats and will be looking forward to your report on if you got use to the grip or not.
    As long as you use the 10 round with pinky extension or a 12 round mag, pinky dangle shouldn't be an issue unless you have very large ham hocks.
    Sister and G26Raven like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links