Colt LW Commander vs Springfield Defender Gov Model - Page 3

Colt LW Commander vs Springfield Defender Gov Model

This is a discussion on Colt LW Commander vs Springfield Defender Gov Model within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by G-man* Not really a conclusive test by any means. I just wanted to get your attention because I need the sharp eyes ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: Colt LW Commander vs Springfield Defender Gov Model

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    Not really a conclusive test by any means.

I just wanted to get your attention because I need the sharp eyes of the membership, lol.

I put together my old tried and true field load, which is a 225 lead TC over enough Unique to keep’em buzzing down range at 820-850 fps, depending on barrel length.

I fired the LW Commander and the new Springer with 4 rounds each from a distance of 25 yards off hand. The goal was to check for proper feeding and also accuracy.

First the LW Commander;
    Attachment 303186
    I can certainly live with that, especially from a LW with shorter sight radius.

Now the new Springer;
    Attachment 303188

????
    Now, here’s where I need help. I fired 4 shots. Does the hole on the left look like it may have two bullets thru it?
    I mean, I certainly could have missed, but it’s hard to imagine a miss the way I was shooting today, but it’s possible.

Either way, if I missed, it was certainly my fault and not my loads or the gun.

What does the membership think?
    Two in one
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMER…, POR QUE EN MI CORAZ”N Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

The Totalitarian State in America will not arise at the point of a gun. It will come with a message of

"We only want what's best for you. It's for your own good."

Good shooting!

I may have to check out one of those Springfield Armory Defenders series guns.
    gatorbait51 and G-man* like this.

Wait wait wait, you want to blame US when you tell your Prancing Pony that the new Springfield shoots better? I will not be party to this.

I think both will serve you well, and that looks to be a 2fer!
    gatorbait51, G-man* and kerberos like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotBrass45 View Post
    Shooting through the same hole time and time again only causes the kind of uncertainty and stress that you are experiencing now. I try to avoid this problem by scattering my shots across the target.
    You have seen me shoot.
    OD*, G-man*, Wavygravy and 1 others like this.
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMER…, POR QUE EN MI CORAZ”N Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

The Totalitarian State in America will not arise at the point of a gun. It will come with a message of

"We only want what's best for you. It's for your own good."

Definitely 2 holes in 1 !! I blew it up a coupla times on my computer and it's easier to see.
    G-man* likes this.
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

― Heraclitus

Distinguished Member Array Scouse's Avatar
    We had a shooter when I shot in Tonawanda NYS, who called doubles a lot! Unless I was RO, with my trusty double gage! One thing about using my Hensley and Gibbs 200g cast semi-wadcutters, the bullet hole on a cardboard IPSC target, was so clean. No argument on doubles (Or not!) the route my wife and I took coming home, had us going through an Indian Reservation, cheap cigarettes!
    As we did not, and still do not smoke, a moot point.

The road signs were changed quite often, shot up signs! We used to avoid the Peace Bridge that way. We also stopped for a late breakfast, a little restaurant, fantastic bacon, and home fries!

Apparently still going that monthly match.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links