P365 sas

P365 sas

This is a discussion on P365 sas within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Was just reading up on the new M&P M2.0 Subcompact, along with the recently introduced Springfield Hellcat.... Wanted to compare the dimensions and weights of ...

Like Tree21Likes
  • 2 Post By Rabbit212
  • 3 Post By hardluk1
  • 2 Post By CLASS3NH
  • 3 Post By SnoMan97
  • 1 Post By Wavygravy
  • 2 Post By Rockymonster
  • 3 Post By ETXhiker
  • 1 Post By CLASS3NH
  • 3 Post By M1911A1
  • 1 Post By Rockymonster

Thread: P365 sas

P365 sas

Was just reading up on the new M&P M2.0 Subcompact, along with the recently introduced Springfield Hellcat....

Wanted to compare the dimensions and weights of these to the P365, a gun I really like to shoot and keep thinking of buying except other companies keep coming out with competitors...

Anyway, SIG now showing the P365 SAS model on their website.

Apparently it is designed for low snag with the sight built into the slide.

"Flush-Mounted FT Bullseye Fiber-Tritium Night Sight"

"Ported Slide and Barrel for Less Muzzle Flip"

"Flat Controls for Completely Smooth Sides to Reduce Snag Points"

Hopefully ok to link to their site here.... https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-sas.html

Anyway, I've never seen a gun with sights etc like this. Interesting concept.

I'm a manual or grip safety guy so I don't think this will be for me unless they somehow later put a thumb safety on it....which would probably go against what it seems is the purpose of this gun to begin with.

VIP Member
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

I might pick one up just cause.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Still think it looks like a Yeet Cannon.
    CLASS3NH and Bad Bob like this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

jerome10 How about You starting a tread asking who has ever snagged there handgun when drawn with standard sights or even a optic equipped pistol with tall sights from a concealed set up !! Might ask how long they have concealed carry too .

Here I'll start even . 32 years of Concealed carry all in a iwb at 3:00 . I for many years I practiced draw and fire drills weekly , today at 64 i down to every couple weeks but the bottom line is PRACTICE. I have never snagged my handguns sights on anything and I draw one handed from a concealed carry.

I never found nigh sights were really needed . IF its dark enough for night sights to show you also need a hand held light and maybe a gun light . At that point the night sights don't really matter ether and some of the NS found today can be rather distracting . What you gona do what the tritium in the sas sight wear out a new one from MEPRO as that is there FT Bullseye from them and hope they still make it as its never sold well in general and a dot optic is not a simple bolt on .

This SAS thang is just sigs latest sales gimmick
    CLASS3NH, Rabbit212 and M1911A1 like this.

Last Wednesday night, while at work, I handled the 365 SAS.......Yeah... Low profile, flush fitted fiber optic type night sights. Circle in rear, dot that LOOKS like it's in front, BUT it's part of the rear sight system (slight version of the Guttersnipe sight system on the Model 39 A S P of many years ago) Looks cool and all, BUT, trying to utilize the slide stop (which is just about flush to the slide, and the fact the mag release actually takes my thumb and re-positions my hand in a fashion that I just may drop it (the mag release is beveled so it's difficult to release) makes me stay away from it. The "SAS" version is yep, slightly sculptured to break the edges. 579.99 at the Store. We sold all 4 that we had, and yep, we have a LOT MORE coming....Personally....I'll stick to my Shield for now...
    Wavygravy and hardluk1 like this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

The M&P 2.0 Sub is not a "new" pistol. It's just an updated version of the M&P9C. It's a true double stack and the size is somewhere between that of the G26 and G19.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    Last Wednesday night, while at work, I handled the 365 SAS.......Yeah... Low profile, flush fitted fiber optic type night sights. Circle in rear, dot that LOOKS like it's in front, BUT it's part of the rear sight system (slight version of the Guttersnipe sight system on the Model 39 A S P of many years ago) Looks cool and all, BUT, trying to utilize the slide stop (which is just about flush to the slide, and the fact the mag release actually takes my thumb and re-positions my hand in a fashion that I just may drop it (the mag release is beveled so it's difficult to release) makes me stay away from it. The "SAS" version is yep, slightly sculptured to break the edges. 579.99 at the Store. We sold all 4 that we had, and yep, we have a LOT MORE coming....Personally....I'll stick to my Shield for now...
    I find this a very interesting post worth reading by many here, @CLASS3NH . You work in a gun store, and I have seen pics of your vast collection of varied pistols here. Yet you will "stick to your Shield for now..."
    I feel much the same. I look at all the new "unicorns" and get excited and stuff, then take a breath and say to myself, Now WAIT a minute -- your Shield is working perfectly, you shoot it well enough at combat accuracy, have thousands of trouble-free rounds through it, it conceals well....
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    I find this a very interesting post worth reading by many here, @CLASS3NH. You work in a gun store, and I have seen pics of your vast collection of varied pistols here. Yet you will "stick to your Shield for now..."
    I feel much the same. I look at all the new "unicorns" and get excited and stuff, then take a breath and say to myself, Now WAIT a minute -- your Shield is working perfectly, you shoot it well enough at combat accuracy, have thousands of trouble-free rounds through it, it conceals well....
    Even so.....yours doesn’t have a horn poking out of its forehead......
    CLASS3NH and Wavygravy like this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    I already have a P365 that I am quite happy with. I like the idea of dehorning carry pistols, but the standard P365 doesn't really have any sharp edges that should be a problem. I really don't care for ports on a small carry pistol - why do you need that on a 9mm? My biggest concern with the SAS is the very short sight radius. It seems that would have to affect accuracy beyond very close distances. But hey, maybe I am missing something here.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    I find this a very interesting post worth reading by many here, @CLASS3NH . You work in a gun store, and I have seen pics of your vast collection of varied pistols here. Yet you will "stick to your Shield for now..."
    Yes, I carry a shield quite often, yet I will carry almost anything I own in my collection. ( S&W Model 39 ASP, P7, Browning Hi Power etc etc..).. I didn't see any excitement in playing with the 365. It was my own personal assessment of the gun, and nothing more. Some people carry Glocks (including me) and some won't, many others, like myself, own an array of handguns to choose from. I wasn't bashing the gun, but it didn't do anything for me.. Plain and simple. Personally, I think I'd wait until all the hype comes down, and maybe the gun's price will come down too. I played with the Hellcat too, but it didn't fit my hands comfortably..... NOT argumentative, and certainly NOT bashing anybody who owns or wants the gun. Some people like Fords, others Chevys, and we own, or CARRY what feels best in our hands, and the guns we shoot best with. BTW, I signed out a 365 (YES we ARE able to sign out guns, for "test and evaluation" purposes.) .. Personally, I didn't find anything exciting about the 365, and yes, I didn't shoot well with it.. YMMV at this point, BTW.I haven't found the "Perfect Carry Pistol" yet....THAT is the "Unicorn" ALL of us are looking for.....
    Wavygravy likes this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    ...I never found nigh[t] sights were really needed . IF its dark enough for night sights to show you also need a hand held light and maybe a gun light . At that point the night sights don't really matter ether and some of the NS found today can be rather distracting...
    I second the motion.
    I have never needed night sights, or glow-in-the-dark paint either, and I've done quite a bit of nighttime "practical" shooting.

If it's too dark to see your sights, it's too dark to shoot whomever it is you're trying to aim at.
    It might be your daughter, sneaking in from a late date.
    A flashlight will confirm that.

If you can see the silhouette of the rear end of your pistol, you can shoot accurately at short-to-moderate range.
    You don't always need your sights.
    Wavygravy, CLASS3NH and hardluk1 like this.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."

VIP Member
    Don’t like the ported barrel and slide on a carry gun, and don’t care for the sight system.....
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF

Sponsored Links