Anyone carry a P238 in basketball shorts or sweatpants? - Page 2

Anyone carry a P238 in basketball shorts or sweatpants?

This is a discussion on Anyone carry a P238 in basketball shorts or sweatpants? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by zonker1986 any size pistol will pull basketball shorts or sweat pants down. You need to change your attire around your gun, not ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Anyone carry a P238 in basketball shorts or sweatpants?

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    any size pistol will pull basketball shorts or sweat pants down. You need to change your attire around your gun, not the other way around. I wear casual cargo shorts with a belt to the gym and the pockets are roomie enough to carry a small howitzer. Not the weight of the gun you have to worry about, but how you are dressing while wearing the gun matters most. And if you are concerned about the .380 pistol cool factor, the Beretta 84F trumps the SIG P238 all day long.
    I completely understand the concept of dressing around the gun and have been carrying for years. However I don't think it's too much to find a pocket option with my most comfortable around the house attire. If it's after dinner and a shower and just watching tv, I don't want to always put on a holster and belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    I completely understand the concept of dressing around the gun and have been carrying for years. However I don't think it's too much to find a pocket option with my most comfortable around the house attire. If it's after dinner and a shower and just watching tv, I don't want to always put on a holster and belt.
    you might also take a look at the Springfield Armory P238 clone, the 911. Basically a P238 but I have seen these as little as $350 which is a bunch cheaper than the SIG. You should be able to stuff one of these in your jammies pocket with little ill effect.

Rooster likes this.
    Give to them according to their deeds and according to the wickedness of their endeavors; give to them according to the work of their hands; render to them their deserts. Psalm 28:4

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    you might also take a look at the Springfield Armory P238 clone, the 911. Basically a P238 but I have seen these as little as $350 which is a bunch cheaper than the SIG. You should be able to stuff one of these in your jammies pocket with little ill effect.

I'm actually going the cost alternative route on this one.

I read elsewhere about people hooking their holsters to the drawstring, particularly using Remora with a clip and reinforced top.

Since its softer, it's easier to draw from on a soft belt line. I've been doing it tonight with my 365 and Vedder LightTuck and it works surprisingly well, even drawing. I placed an order for a clip Remora.

I'll just keep wearing the 365 despite how much I would love a 238.
    MMinSC likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array druryj's Avatar
    For me, itís a SW 340pd in a Sticky Holster. Gym shorts, sweats, etc. offer no problem when carrying this ultra light little hand cannon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rooster and Old Man like this.

Quote Originally Posted by druryj View Post
    For me, itís a SW 340pd in a Sticky Holster. Gym shorts, sweats, etc. offer no problem when carrying this ultra light little hand cannon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I want one of those too, make no mistake. lol

Yes sir I do, all the time up to when the temp gets to be 35* and staying there. I use a DeSantis "The Nemesis" pocket holster and have never had an issue with it what so ever.
    "Anyone who will tear down sports will tear down America.
    Sports and Religion have made America what it is today. -- Woody Hayes"

Distinguished Member
    P938 in a Remora RFT W/ UltiClip. Works well with sweats for me.

Attachment 304364
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links