Sig P938 vs Kimber Micro 9

This is a discussion on Sig P938 vs Kimber Micro 9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like the design of these little pistols, and am probably going to get one of the other. Pros? Cons? What do you think of ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Sig P938 vs Kimber Micro 9

Distinguished Member Array druryj's Avatar

I like the design of these little pistols, and am probably going to get one of the other. Pros? Cons? What do you think of these and which would you get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a P938 and it's a nice pistol, but I am switching to a P365, primarily for the higher capacity. The P938 shoots well and has been reliable. Have never shot the Kimber.
    Nix, 5lima30ret and ETXhiker like this.
    Force yourself to be uncomfortable.

My only experience is with the Sig. 6+ years and closing in on 4k rounds. Easy to carry, feels great, shoots great. If you want a micro 9 that is actually enjoyable for range use, I recommend it.

i'm sure the Kimber is great too, just no experience with one.Sig P938 vs Kimber Micro 9-sig.jpg
    simonp67, Nix, ETXhiker and 3 others like this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    My only experience is with the Sig. 6+ years and closing in on 4k rounds. Easy to carry, feels great, shoots great. If you want a micro 9 that is actually enjoyable for range use, I recommend it.

i'm sure the Kimber is great too, just no experience with one.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sig.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	304480
    Nice grips! Those custom?

I will second the 938 .. Compact easy to shoot and carries great and to me pretty easy to clean and use .

My only mods was to have sig factory remove the ambi safty as my big hands got pinched by the right side safty so I had them taken off ..Helps a lot
    Nix likes this.
    ďEvery normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.Ē H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Nice grips! Those custom?
    The grips are from Highfiguregripss.com He does beautiful work with mostly burls.
    Rooster likes this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Nix
    I like my 938 for deep concealed carry. I like the 938 in general.

I'm kinda with @G26Raven though: I like the look of the Sig 365XL for daily carry; it's on my 'consider strongly' list.
    G26Raven likes this.

VIP Member
    I already had a 938 and then went on to win a Gunbroker bid on the Kimber. I figured my low ball bid couldn't possibly win. Yet it did. When I went to take custody from my LGS, I examined the Kimber, and after thinking more about it, I decided it wouldn't do anything different than my 938 which had been 100% reliable. I put the gun on consignment with the LGS, and when all was said and done it cost me $5 for the experience. There are 1000s of happy 938 owners out there on a gun that has proven itself a great performer.

Not sure if this adds any to the OP's considerations, but that was my personal experience with the two guns.

P.S. I have since changed my EDC to the SIG P365 due to its higher ammo capacity.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sig P938 vs Kimber Micro 9-6cqxnyq.jpg  

MMinSC, Rooster, ETXhiker and 2 others like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

I'll contribute that I've been on a SIGness lately and am leaning that for brand bias. I have no experience with Kimber other than handling a 9mm a few years back. I have read some bad reviews on them but that happens to many makers (except HK it seems), SIG included. Although the P938 has been out long enough to have a reputable track record.

Also people that have issues tend to be the loud and vocal minority. This is no knock to Kimber. Every brand has their forum haters full of piss and vinegar. Kimber's pricing also always kept me away, though that seems to be a wash in this case.

And that's my of no substance contribution.
    MMinSC likes this.

Have had both a 938 and two Kimber Micro 9's, they are almost twins, might of been the particular 938 I had but when taking it down to clean the barrel was hard to remove from the slide. Had to use a screwdriver and twist the barrel in the chamber area to get it to release. No problems with the Micro 9's either the Sig or Kimber are good.
    NRA Life Member

I have the P238 and P938 great little guns......I have owned a couple Kimbers in the past and will never own another.
    MMinSC likes this.

I had a 938 and it went back to Sig 4 times for failures to feed. They never got it right. Sold it and bought a Micro 9. Love it. I do have a stainless 238 that has been flawless

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Iíve got a 938...for me itís my 3rd most accurate (in my hands...ymmv) after my Kimber Ultracarry and my G19. It is a sweet shooter and is easy to carry. That said, I donít carry it often, option for the 365 instead, with a 12 rd mag, nearly doubling my round count in approximately the same size same weight package. Iím not as accurate with the 365, but accurate as I need to be to count on it. No experience with the little bitty Kimber though.

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    I don't have either gun...have looked at both of them and have been intending to buy a Micro 9 for months now and just never get around to it. But, with that said, I think it is a tough decision as I like them both.
    ďThe everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.Ē Skeeter Skelton

Distinguished Member Array flphotog's Avatar
    I lean toward bigger guns, but I do have a P938 for evening wear. I don't shoot it a lot but it's been flawless, never a single issue.
    Member COTEP CBOB0772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links