How do you carry your Glock - Page 4

How do you carry your Glock

This is a discussion on How do you carry your Glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not in the poll because I carry a Kahr S9. Always one chambered. Since it's a DAO with no safety it's the same every single ...

View Poll Results: For people who carry Glocks

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • I carry with a round in the chamber ready to shoot

106 94.64%
  • I carry with the chamber empty and have to rack the slide to be ready to shoot

6 5.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree311Likes

Thread: How do you carry your Glock

Not in the poll because I carry a Kahr S9.

Always one chambered. Since it's a DAO with no safety it's the same every single time I pull the trigger, which is huge to me.
    Cornhusker95 likes this.

I couldn't imagine carrying a pistol unchambered .... I carry AIWB
    OD*, SnoMan97 and Rabbit212 like this.

If you're worried about holstering a Glock, use the Tau SCD. I have them on all my Glocks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    I will ALWAYS have two hands available for racking the slide.

"The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    Cal44,
    Getting used to carrying with a chambered round is a personal process.

You already have a pretty solid choice with the 3913. I carried the blue version (3914) for a few years.
    Reliable and easy to conceal with the option of using the safety or carry with the hammer down and safety off.
    cal44 and ETXhiker like this.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

It doesn't matter what I carry there is always one in the chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by od* View Post
    i will always have two hands available for racking the slide.

hahahahaha! *****!
    OD* likes this.
    "If you're in a gunfight there's no such thing as enough ammo, and your gunfight will only last as long as your ammo." - Clint Smith

"There are only two times you can carry too much ammo, when you're drowning or on fire."
    - Mike Hughes of Gunsite

Quote Originally Posted by cal44 View Post
    I've only carried revolvers so far (5 years since I started carrying).

And I always pocket carry.

I have no concerns about the safety of carrying a revolver in a pocket holster. I've been around revolvers for decades and am very familiar with them.

But I'm thinking of adding a semi to my list of firearms for carry (we are allowed only three).

I have a P238 (single action with safety), a S&W 3813 (DA/SA), a Glock 27, and a Kahr PM40.

I'm also considering taking some defensive shooting classes.

It makes a certain amount of sense that the gun I put on my carry license is also the gun I take to the shooting class, but this isn't absolutely necessary.

I just can't get my head around pocket carrying my G27 and sitting at the table with my gun pointed at my wife's stomach (or my buddies' at the coffee shop). I even have trouble with the P238 in this mode, but it does have a safely. With the P238 I could carry it condition 3 for a few months and see of the safety is even turned off by normal daily activities.

So I'm leaning toward carrying the 3913. It's a bit big for a pocket gun but doable given the frumpy clothes I wear and big pockets.

But I think the G27 is a better defense gun. 10 rounds of 40 s&w vs 8 of 9mm.

Decocked, the 3913 has a trigger similar to my revolvers and seems completely safe to me. Plus it also has a safety if I feel in belt plus suspenders mode.

Another option is to just forget about carrying a semi, and stick with what I'm used to -- revolvers.

BTW, the comments about throwing the gun at the bad guy or suddenly getting a compound fracture of the shooting arm convince me the people making those comments are over dosing on their testosterone supplements and their advice is discounted to zero in my decisions.
    The first thing I notice is that by your own admission you have no training beyond the requirement to obtain your permit yet you're pontificating to a group of people who do have training and in some cases actual, real world experience about how they should carry their guns. Do you see the disconnect here?

The second thing I want to address is you don't mention using a holster while carrying in your pocket. I hope and presume that you do but if you don't you need to fix that. D

I want to touch on the training issue again. I doubt very seriously that any reputable trainer would let you take a force on force class without taking some basic courses first but I encourage you to buy an Airsoft gun and put it in your pocket. Then have a friend attack you and try to get it out and chamber a round to defend yourself before he's got you incapacitated.

As for the comment about how stupid the comments about broken arms or being shot, I don't think you have any idea how fast things can go to Hell. I was at work one night when a young guy approached me to ask for directions to a certain bar. He was clean cut, he was polite, he wasn't threatening at all. Right up to the moment he started screaming about spending two years in Iraq so a fat duck like me could buy cheap gas and went for my throat. If my partner hadn't been there I'm certain I would have been severely injured. It really does happen just like that sometimes.

This forum seems full of arrogant people not worth associating with further.

Good luck to you all.

Good luck to you all.
    And you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post

This.
    Anyone carrying empty chamber must believe that fallacy.
    OD* likes this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post

So, let me get this straight; you hold the gun with your teeth and use both hands to pull the slide back? Pretty good!
    SnoMan97, OD* and M1911A1 like this.
    Every bullet has a lawyer attached to it.

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

"Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

Good luck to you all.
    Please, if you decide to suicide your account or post things that might result in infractions or suspension, wait till 12 PM CST; I'll be back at lunch, don't want to miss it.
    Pete63, OD*, M1911A1 and 1 others like this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

IMO the only reason Glocks have a bigger record of ND's is due to their being so many in circulation for so many years. If there were as many M&Ps or P320s in circulation for as long as Glock has, it would be their record to own.
    Wavygravy, ETXhiker and Rabbit212 like this.

Good luck to you all.
    The place is just full of incorrigibles .
    Pete63, ETXhiker, OD* and 2 others like this.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links