New range & woods gun - Page 2

New range & woods gun

This is a discussion on New range & woods gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I also like the single action's Just a little push for the fence sitters...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: New range & woods gun

I also like the single action's

Just a little push for the fence sitters
    airslot, Old Man, Erich1B and 1 others like this.
    THE CROW

Quote Originally Posted by entertainment72 View Post
    That's a fantastic looking Blackhawk.

I too am dipping my toes in the SA world for the first time and am waiting on delivery of my Blackhawk 44 SPL Flattop Stainless.
    If I was younger and shot as much as I used to, I'd have to have one of those also or maybe an older 3 screw.

I'm sure Erich1B will enjoy his new Super Blackhawk. I remember my first SBH and then a convertable .45 and then a custom .45 New Model 4 5/8 and then a .44 Hunter model. I've enjoyed them all. I wish I'd bought a U.S.Arms Abiline in the 70's when I had a chance. The bluing on those was alot like a Colt Python but they didn't have one in .44 I also remember when the Colts were on the shelves but who would have ever thought Colt would have stopped making them.
    MACV Advisory Team 75, HQ'd in My Tho at the "Seminary", 1967-1969

Quote Originally Posted by TSKnight View Post
    Don't carry it as often anymore since the incident with the meth lab way back in the woods.
    Please do tell (or provide link to where you told before)...
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WebleyHunter View Post
    Please do tell (or provide link to where you told before)...
    My google fu isn't very good today.

I was riding ATV with a Friend in Northern Minnesota.
    We were on a logging road when I came around a curve and there were two guys with their lab set up.
    They were both armed and I felt a little outgunned with a 6-shot 357 revolver.
    Thankfully they left everything and took off, but there were a few tense moments before they left.

Meth Heads are not noted for their rational thinking. Still remember the guy in WI that called the cops because the squirrels were spying on him.

Haven't been riding up there in a couple years. The last time I went I took the P89 and a Rossi 92 carbine in 45 Colt.
    WebleyHunter, jstert and airslot like this.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

imho getting just one ruger single action revolver is like ordering an ice cream cone, can you really be always satisfied with just one scoop? for me the bare minimum is a ruger single six 22wmr/lr, and a ruger blackhawk 45lc/acp or 357/37/9 convertible, depending on your favorite semiauto pistol ammo. or both.

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jstert View Post
    imho getting just one ruger single action revolver is like ordering an ice cream cone, can you really be always satisfied with just one scoop? for me the bare minimum is a ruger single six 22wmr/lr, and a ruger blackhawk 45lc/acp or 357/37/9 convertible, depending on your favorite semiauto pistol ammo. or both.
    I've got those 3 covered. Had a 10" Super Blackhawk In 44mag, but sold it a few years ago because it never got used after I got the 45 Colt.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links