Colt Trooper vs. Kansas LEO Handgun Qualification Course

This is a discussion on Colt Trooper vs. Kansas LEO Handgun Qualification Course within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all! I finally got to make one of my QCV's for all the Colt revolver fans out there! Howard...

Like Tree14Likes
  • 4 Post By hrfunk
  • 2 Post By airslot
  • 2 Post By buckwheatpaul
  • 1 Post By hrfunk
  • 2 Post By hrfunk
  • 2 Post By jmf552
  • 1 Post By hrfunk

Thread: Colt Trooper vs. Kansas LEO Handgun Qualification Course

Hi all! I finally got to make one of my QCV's for all the Colt revolver fans out there!

Howard

Howard...loved the moving at the beginning and the long distance accuracy drills. I am just amazed by the many various ways that every state comes up with for their qualifications. I know that they are based on actual or theorized shootings. Keep up the good work....

Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    Howard...loved the moving at the beginning and the long distance accuracy drills. I am just amazed by the many various ways that every state comes up with for their qualifications. I know that they are based on actual or theorized shootings. Keep up the good work....
    Will do. Thanks for watching!

Howard

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Howard. Makes me want to dig the Trooper out of the safe and show it some range time.
    The Old Anglo and Old Man like this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    Thanks Howard. Makes me want to dig the Trooper out of the safe and show it some range time.
    airslot....then just do it.....you and your trooper will enjoy it!
    airslot and hrfunk like this.

Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    airslot....then just do it.....you and your trooper will enjoy it!
    Agreed! Take that fine wheelgun out for a spin!

Howard

Distinguished Member
    Thanks Howard for another great segment of your LEO qualification shoot-out.

@hrfunk I wonder how long Kansas has had this qualification? It looks like it goes back to the days of when the revolver was the primary duty weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man View Post
    Thanks Howard for another great segment of your LEO qualification shoot-out.

@hrfunk I wonder how long Kansas has had this qualification? It looks like it goes back to the days of when the revolver was the primary duty weapon.
    Thanks! I thought the same thing. I know some states have more or less kept their revolver oriented courses to accommodate the few remaining officers carrying wheelguns. The theory is that the semi-auto shooters can fire the revolver course, but revolver shooters could not necessarily shoot a semi-auto specific course. I see plusses and minuses to that way of thinking.

Howard

Love the Trooper. My cousin, who I would go shooting with a lot in my late teens, had one. That's a gun they should have kept making or should bring back. Pythons were great to look at and/or take to the range, but I would rather carry a Trooper.
    hrfunk and airslot like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    Love the Trooper. My cousin, who I would go shooting with a lot in my late teens, had one. That's a gun they should have kept making or should bring back. Pythons were great to look at and/or take to the range, but I would rather carry a Trooper.
    Yep. The Trooper is an "all business" wheelgun!

Howard

Senior Moderator
    Howard, you have given yourself a unique assignment taking on all 50 states' qualification requirements.

Now I'd be pleased to carry that Colt. Don't know how well I'd really do qualifying with it though as my trigger finger is too accustomed to Smith & Wesson double-action triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Howard, you have given yourself a unique assignment taking on all 50 states' qualification requirements.

Now I'd be pleased to carry that Colt. Don't know how well I'd really do qualifying with it though as my trigger finger is too accustomed to Smith & Wesson double-action triggers.
    Ha! So is mine! Still, I mnanaged to fumble my way to a qualifying score. I'll be you would too!

Howard

Sponsored Links