If you carry a micro 9mm, which one did you choose? - Page 4

If you carry a micro 9mm, which one did you choose?

This is a discussion on If you carry a micro 9mm, which one did you choose? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Wavygravy Alright! I need to keep hearing this... I don't need a 365 or Hellcat... I don't need a 365 or Hellcat.... ...

View Poll Results: Which micro 9mm pistol do you own and carry?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Diamondback (any micro 9)

4 2.07%
  • Glock 43

28 14.51%
  • HK P30SK

5 2.59%
  • Kahr PM9 or CM9

20 10.36%
  • Kimber Evo SP or Solo

3 1.55%
  • Kimber Micro 9

7 3.63%
  • Ruger EC9S or LC9S

18 9.33%
  • Smith and Wesson Shield

40 20.73%
  • SCCY

0 0%
  • Sig P290

5 2.59%
  • Sig P938

26 13.47%
  • Sig P365

55 28.50%
  • Springfield XD(s) 3.3

10 5.18%
  • Springfield Hellcat

4 2.07%
  • Walther PPS M2

13 6.74%
  • Other

20 10.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree244Likes

Thread: If you carry a micro 9mm, which one did you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    Alright! I need to keep hearing this... I don't need a 365 or Hellcat... I don't need a 365 or Hellcat....
    Yeah, I tried to tell myself that, too. You see how well that worked out....
    "If you look like food, you will be eaten."
    Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

P365 after a couple of years with a G43. Mainly switched for the capacity to footprint while being from a manufacturer I respect.

Quote Originally Posted by gwmac View Post
    I carry a Shield M.2 and have tried the Springfield Hellcat. The Hellcat is for sale.
    Well it was a Springfield...
    G26Raven and Big Western like this.

Lead Moderator
    Walter PPS m1. I got a good deal on it shortly after it was introduced. It works fine and is plenty accurate.
    G26Raven likes this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I have both a Shield 1.0 and the P365. I got into a small 9mm for the weight and size as compared to my usual Volkmann Combatant Carry. My initial choices had been between the Shield and Springfield XDS. I felt them up at the Cabela's gun counter one day and decided on the Shield for the fit to my hand. Cabela's had a sale and a separate promotion going on, so I bought it there. Great little gun.

Then, my wife went and bought a Sig 938. I shot it and loved it. I even bought one for myself, but I have never shot or carried it.

I casually picked up a P365 a few years later and bought it on the spot. The fit to my hand, coupled with more ammo on board made it irresistible. I still like it for those reasons as well as for the ease of shooting it. I've shot the Shield, the 938 and the P365 side by side and the P365 won out overall. I carry it when I don't carry my .45.
    "Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Never confuse illegal with immoral. Beware of those who do.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

My micro 9 is a KelTec PF9.

Don't carry it often, but it sees duty on occasion. Fits nicely in my pocket with a DeSantis holster.
    Buckeye63 likes this.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    In the past ten years, the micro 9mm category of handguns has - I hate to use this word - "exploded." Today there are a very good number of choices from various manufacturers to meet just about anyone's style and budget, and they just seem to keep getting better and better. Personally, I've owned three different models, a Kahr PM9, a Sig P938, and now a Sig P365. Both Kahr and Diamondback were way ahead of the power curve in this niche, but all of the major players have jumped on this bandwagon.

I'm not here to debate the merits and demerits of the 9mm platform. I'm just curious as to how things have shaken out among the various manufacturers.

If you own a micro 9mm, which one did you choose and what were the main reasons you selected it?

(Note: If you own more than one micro 9mm, you can select more than one in the poll.)
    I followed a very similar path, starting with the Kahr CM9, then the P938, and finally landing on the Sig P365 due primarily to capacity.
    G26Raven likes this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    surprised the P935 is not better represented in this poll.. I would have thought it placed in the top 3 or so.... bob
    What is a P935?
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Stop all this P365 talk or I will hold you all responsible !!!!!
    Wavygravy and G26Raven like this.
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43

I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    Carry Safe & Train hard !!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BCC73 View Post
    Stop all this P365 talk or I will hold you all responsible !!!!!
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    I followed a very similar path, starting with the Kahr CM9, then the P938, and finally landing on the Sig P365 due primarily to capacity.
    I'm with you. I get the whole three shots at three yards in three seconds business, but not all bad guys show up by themselves. What if there are two, or three? When you can carry a good amount of ammo in a small package, I can't see any reason not to. It's no great burden and you're not sacrificing anything.
    "If you look like food, you will be eaten."
    Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    IMHO the only true micro 9mm that has ever existed was the Rohrbaugh R9.
    Exactly.

I carry mine the vast majority of the time these days. Not so much fun to practice with, but a truly concealable micro 9mm.
    AnthonyC likes this.

I don't own a 9mm "micro", but you put PPS on the list. I have that in .40 S&W.

Why? Because if I only have 6 rounds, I want them to be big and heavy. If I carry 9mm, I will carry a lot of them.
    The PPS shoots like a compact with the medium magazine. It doesn't conceal much better with the flush, small magazine. It feels nearly full size with the large mag as a reload. This makes the PPS feel like a bigger gun.
    G26Raven likes this.
    Psalm 144:1

KelTec PF9 with the Northwoods trigger. It's snappy, but dependable and easily concealed.
    G26Raven and Buckeye63 like this.

Springfield XDS 3.3 for me.
    G26Raven likes this.

For my daily carry itís a Springfield EMP 3Ē; it is flawlessly reliable, the weight is in all the right places and it shoots circles around my wifeís G43.

With that being said, I shot a very interesting gun a couple of weeks ago I think is going to really eat into the pocket pistol market, that would be the Sig P365 SAS. While it doesnít have the trigger my EMP has it is very good for a striker fired pistol, and has a higher capacity to boot.

And it is superbly accurate. It will be my next purchase when the funds are available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    G26Raven likes this.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links