If you carry a micro 9mm, which one did you choose?

This is a discussion on If you carry a micro 9mm, which one did you choose? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In the past ten years, the micro 9mm category of handguns has - I hate to use this word - "exploded." Today there are a ...

View Poll Results: Which micro 9mm pistol do you own and carry?

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • Diamondback (any micro 9)

3 1.62%
  • Glock 43

25 13.51%
  • HK P30SK

4 2.16%
  • Kahr PM9 or CM9

19 10.27%
  • Kimber Evo SP or Solo

3 1.62%
  • Kimber Micro 9

6 3.24%
  • Ruger EC9S or LC9S

18 9.73%
  • Smith and Wesson Shield

39 21.08%
  • SCCY

0 0%
  • Sig P290

5 2.70%
  • Sig P938

26 14.05%
  • Sig P365

54 29.19%
  • Springfield XD(s) 3.3

10 5.41%
  • Springfield Hellcat

4 2.16%
  • Walther PPS M2

11 5.95%
  • Other

19 10.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree244Likes

Thread: If you carry a micro 9mm, which one did you choose?

In the past ten years, the micro 9mm category of handguns has - I hate to use this word - "exploded." Today there are a very good number of choices from various manufacturers to meet just about anyone's style and budget, and they just seem to keep getting better and better. Personally, I've owned three different models, a Kahr PM9, a Sig P938, and now a Sig P365. Both Kahr and Diamondback were way ahead of the power curve in this niche, but all of the major players have jumped on this bandwagon.

I'm not here to debate the merits and demerits of the 9mm platform. I'm just curious as to how things have shaken out among the various manufacturers.

If you own a micro 9mm, which one did you choose and what were the main reasons you selected it?

(Note: If you own more than one micro 9mm, you can select more than one in the poll.)
    Force yourself to be uncomfortable.

flh
    Mrs. Flh carrys a Glock 43 , for her the smaller size made it easier to conceal depending how she is dressed .

The 43 was easier for her to work the slide than the S&W shield that she also liked .

Go Pack Go

Don't try to get into my head there's barely enough room for me in there .

Sonic .

Every gun is a good one if it fits your criteria and shoot it well. I bought the 43 a few years ago cause I was familiar with the Glock platform. Not crazy about the capacity...but with Taran Tactical and always a spare....it's my most carried. Would love to have all the latest guns, but my funds are not endless !!!
    G26Raven likes this.
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ PCR
    I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    Carry Safe & Train hard !!

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Ruger EC9s and Ruger LC380 with the Ruger LC 9mm conversion kit.

Reasons for choosing them? I like them. Reason enough.
    G26Raven and sammeow like this.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

I've been carrying a G43 for the past year. It's about what you'd expect - boringly reliable, reasonably accurate at least in my hands and I hardly know I'm carrying it. It's a great gun and I do not regret the purchase. It has mostly replaced my G27 as my EDC. Of all things, my preferred holster for the G43 is a Bulldog leather slide holster I found in the LGS bargain bin for $12 .

I recently purchased a Kimber Micro 9 Nightfall. I've been too busy at work to shoot it much, but I think I'm really going to like this one. I've only got 150 rounds through it so far, a combination of factory and reloads, with zero repeat zero malf's. The ergo's and the trigger are top notch - I can just about shoot it as accurately 1-handed as I can 2-handed. I've got big hands, but this little gun fits like a glove even with the flush magazine. The molded Hogue grip helps with ergo's, but does increase grip width a little more than I'd like. The Hogue grips is probably 1/4" thicker than the G43. The huge factory Truglo's seem to show up well on many backgrounds and lighting conditions. I'm really anxious for things to slow down at work so I can get some more range time with it and work it into the rotation. It's a beautiful gun, just sexy as hell to look at.
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    I carry a shield. I bought it before the p365 and other tiny high capacity 9mm's came out.

Sig p365. Itís the only one i can control and comfortably shoot
    G26Raven, 5lima30ret and DZUS like this.

Distinguished Member
    I bought my Shield 2.0 after a lot of research and trying out several other micro 9s. At the time, the P365 had just come out and was having too many reported problems for me to consider. The Shield felt the best in my hand, appeared to be very sturdy/well-made, good trigger (not too light, not too heavy, not gritty) and shot the best for me. Since I was a revolver user and hadn't owned a small striker-fired pistol before, I bought the Shield with a safety so I could spend enough time with it to become comfortable with carrying, holstering, handling, etc. I've been very happy with the Shield and have never had even one malfunction. Have become a decent shot with it after lots of practice.
    The P365 is now tempting me since the initial problems seem to have been worked out -- the capacity is fantastic for such a small gun and the trigger is very good. I don't, however, have lots of disposable income so have not "given in to temptation" (yet). The Shield is working fine and I just ordered 2 new OEM 7 round mags for it. I'll be keeping it one way or the other!
    G26Raven and 5lima30ret like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

JD
    Administrator
    The Glock 42. .380 is a 9mm micro, right?

It shoots a little easier than a 43 or Shield and is a hair smaller.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Central Indiana (where the ice sheets stopped)
    Though it was not offered as a poll choice, I purchased a P365 MS (manual safety version) about three weeks ago. I have not even had it out of the box yet. Too busy.
    Astom22 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    The Glock 42. .380 is a 9mm micro, right?

It shoots a little easier than a 43 or Shield and is a hair smaller.
    I guess so, if you consider 9mm Kurz to be 9mm....
    Force yourself to be uncomfortable.

VIP Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    I purchased the Sig 365. I've used Sigs as my Duty weapons and like the quality.

6 years of chemo and anti-cancer meds have taken their toll on my stamina and I wanted something lightweight but with significant round count. The P365 has fit that bill nicely. I wear it around the ranch and our small town. I often switch to my P320 Compact in .357 Sig when we travel into the city for Dr appointments and COSTCO, but by the end of the day, my hip hurts.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    I carry a shield. I bought it before the p365 and other tiny high capacity 9mm's came out.
    ^^^Same here^^^
    G26Raven likes this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

I wanted a small pocket carry gun. I bought a Kel-Tec P3AT .380 when they came out. I had lots of jams and stovepipes with it. I bought a Ruger LCP .380 when they came out. I had the same issues with it. Those guns were to small for my large hands. I traded both on a Sig P238 .380 when they came out. I pocket carried it for about three years until the Sig P938 9mm came out. I traded the Sig P238 in on the Sig P938. I like them because my primary carry is a government model 1911 with a similar manual of arms. I have not had a single issue with either Sig with thousands of rounds through them. I carry my Sig P938 cocked and locked in a Ted Blocker leather pocket holster.
    G26Raven and Old Man like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Distinguished Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    Keltec PF9 - same size as a Glock 42, which makes it smaller than the G43 or Shield. The PF9 also has a better trigger than the Glock or Smith and costs ~$165 new.

I don't carry mine all the time, it's my beater pocket gun for when I'm doing car or yard work, and it's the deepest concealment pistol I carry these days.

That said, most of the time I have my Kimber K6S in my pocket.
    G26Raven, Buckeye63 and Texas Red like this.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links