What is happening to Kahr? Are they fading away into oblivion?? - Page 5

What is happening to Kahr? Are they fading away into oblivion??

This is a discussion on What is happening to Kahr? Are they fading away into oblivion?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by G-man* A true fanboy to the end....:) Yep...Never done me wrong...Unlike....Nah no sense putting down down someone else's choices We do know ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree240Likes

Thread: What is happening to Kahr? Are they fading away into oblivion??

Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    A true fanboy to the end....:)
    Yep...Never done me wrong...Unlike....Nah no sense putting down down someone else's choices
    We do know what manufacturer the phrase was invented for
    I also have a fondness for Walther and STI as well
    But i will wear it proudly until i have a reason not to

Distinguished Member
    I couldn't believe it when this thread ran 3+ pages without @Cornhusker95 coming into it. Figgered he must be sick in bed, computer crashed, out of town or somethin'....
    Cornhusker95 and Rooster like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    I couldn't believe it when this thread ran 3+ pages without @Cornhusker95 coming into it. Figgered he must be sick in bed, computer crashed, out of town or somethin'....
    I did jump in finally...I am a fanboy of what i have good luck with.
    Not everyone gets the same results....I cant believe we are on page 5 before you threw
    in a Cornhusker95 comment....That was the only reason i paid attention then i figured what the hey
    Wavygravy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rx7sig View Post
    I don't think Kahr's all-SS pistols have any competing pistols currently being manufactured. ...
    What I don't "get" is why people would want a Kahr pistol to be something it is not! Give it a rail? Why? Make it a double stack? Why? If I wanted to CC a double-stack 9, I would CC my Sig M11-A1--which I do. If I wanted to CC a double-stack pistol that has a rail, I would purchase a Sig P229 and CC it. If I wanted to CC a smallish, polymer-framed pistol that comfortably shoots 124 gr. 9mm Luger +P JHP all day long--well, I don't.

My K9 to me seems perfect for what it is. There is nothing about its basic design I would change. My hope is that Kahr will go the route of continued refinement, without epochal change. (Airstream trailer, anyone?)

I "get" why someone would want something different, but why would someone want to change the K9 in order to have that different pistol??!!

rx7sig
    Marc_Brooks likes this.

I've owned a Kahr MK9, PM9 and P380. When they were first introduced, they were by far the most concealable handguns out there. My first carry was a Glock 27, but the weight and thickness wasn't the most comfortable. I even found the Glock 19 to be a more comfortable carry. Unfortunately, after numerous laws were passed in CT, carrying a Glock 19 with more than 10 rounds wasn't legal.

So I carried the PM9 for years and years. Never had any issues with it. I bought a P380 because I needed a pocket gun. I did run into sporadic issues with the P380 where the magazine wouldn't lock back on the last round. I sent it in to Kahr and they had the gun back to me in a week. Fast forward many years later and I started to carry the Glock 43. I'm a big fan of the Glock platform and I liked being able to use Taran Tactical extensions. Fast forward to the present time and I've switch to the Sig P365. It's just a hair bigger than the PM9 and carries 4 more rounds. It's a good size smaller than the Glock 43 and carries more rounds.

Now I can't think of any reasons why I would carry the PM9. I still will carry the P380 since I like it better than any other .380 on the market.
    bklynboy likes this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Ive never shot a Kahr, but I am familiar with their lineup. Their bread and butter is compact single stack pistols. It seems that over the past few years as other guns like the Shield, XDS, Glock 42/43, PPS, P365, Hellcat, etc all became super popular and Kahr never did anything to innovate.

I owned a Kahr CM9 briefly. It was the hardest to rack out of any pistol I've owned. The grip was awful with it's aggressive grenade/egg crate stippling and it bounced and twisted around in my hand like a rabid chipmunk while firing, that is, when it DID fire as I had several malfunctions with mine at it's first trip to the range. The whole gun felt top heavy and unbalanced while shooting.

I found that the CM9 was too big, blocky and heavy for me to pocket carry comfortably yet too small to waste my time carrying IWB/OWB with it's paltry 6+1 capacity (might as well carry a revolver). The "famous" Kahr trigger I heard so much about turned out to be nothing special at all and was too narrow for me to fit a gloved finger through during the colder months.

Maybe the full steel framed, expensive, high-end Kahr's might be something special but I've never seen these at my LGS much less fired one nor do I know anyone who owns one. Considering my experience with Kahr products thus far I'm not exactly eager to spend anymore of my money on one to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Between reputation, the crazy cult roots (in the past but still), the "break in period", being ammo picky and just all around ugly, I never considered them.

Before the other manufacturers caught on with slim small CC pistols, I carried a Glock 26 for some years.
    I have always wondered how it is that people don't seem to realize that it was "Moonies" cult money that got Kahr off the ground. This more than anything else is why I never even considered buying a Kahr.
    G-man* and Rooster like this.
    "...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states).

I have a Kahr P9 at the moment.

I had a K9 and MK9 in the past. Great little carries, regret getting rid of them, but I hesitate at the cost of replacing them.

Hadn't heard the "Moonie" reference for a long time. lol I do remember when they were the devil, or that is the way they were painted for our consumption. Times change, and I think our home grown Democrats are more of a threat to us than any fringe cult from Korea ever was.

I carried a couple kahrs over 13 year period and had a couple more and all were reliable BUT kahr has failed to come up with new competitive models or a double stack when some of us questioned them about building a double stack some years ago and kahr fell all apart with there optic ready compensated and better triggered models . So much hypeat the time for nothing with that one . I had 4 good kahrs but would rather buy a 1911 over there stainless steel kahr every time . I even suggested they add a 38 super cartidge to the 45acp frame when it came along and now the 38super gaining ground again with the 1911 guys .
    kahrs built a lot of handguns over the years but they have failed to improve there line up as others have .
    ETXhiker and Armybrat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gglass View Post
    I have always wondered how it is that people don't seem to realize that it was "Moonies" cult money that got Kahr off the ground. This more than anything else is why I never even considered buying a Kahr.
    Lol
    Yet most of the anti-Moonies would have no problem collecting and /or shooting Nazi stamped Lugers or communist Makarovs & AK47s.
    It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.
    - Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar (Mark Twain)

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Lol
    Yet most of the anti-Moonies would have no problem collecting and /or shooting Nazi stamped Lugers or communist Makarovs & AK47s.
    Ouch...That ones gonna leave a mark

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Lol
    Hey!

My Luger is a 1915 DWM, made long before the Nazis got organized. I don't have a Kahr, though.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Distinguished Member Array Rotorflyr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gglass View Post
    I have always wondered how it is that people don't seem to realize that it was "Moonies" cult money that got Kahr off the ground.
    Or it could very well be (some) people simply don't care
    Marc_Brooks likes this.
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorflyr View Post
    Or it could very well be (some) people simply don't care
    Yep

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Sponsored Links