What is happening to Kahr? Are they fading away into oblivion??

This is a discussion on What is happening to Kahr? Are they fading away into oblivion?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I admit I have not been very active on the forum the last couple of years so I apologize if I missed some big news. ...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: What is happening to Kahr? Are they fading away into oblivion??

I admit I have not been very active on the forum the last couple of years so I apologize if I missed some big news. But last I recall Kahr was one of the biggest names in CC. But lately, there is little talk or discussion, they are hard to find, and they no longer appear to be one of the big CC contenders. I had a CM9 and CW9 and had no issues with either. I sold both and moved on and now wish I would have kept that CW9. All the attention seems to be on the Sig 365 and Hellcat and Kahr is a dated distant memory. I fear they are not keeping up and are going to fall by the wayside. By the way, anyone want to sell their CW9?
    gatorbait51 and Sister like this.

- mah P380 is presently at Kahr for the 2nd time for a fix
    - it's a jamming lemon
    - the 'tight tolerences/you gotta break it in with 250 rounds/you're limp wristing it' BULLOXX is getting OLD!
    - never again....

- there's a reason Ruger and SW are #1...
    - lesson learned...

I thought Glock was #1...
    "Freedom will be defended" -GWB 9-11-01
    Union Plumber/Pipefitter.Retired.
    Former LEO 1993-2003.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I thought CZ was # 1

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
    CDW4ME, Pain and gatorbait51 like this.

VIP Member
    In the interest of full disclosure, Iíd not trust a Kahr any further than I could throw it. With my good money spent on one, Kahr taught me to feel that way in a previous decade. Now with that out of the way, itís been my impression that Kahr slipped their market position 5-6 years ago. Or perhaps my subconscious decided to not notice any mention of the brand. Whatever the case, theyíve been their own worst enemy based on lousy QC and HORRIBLE customer service. I believe they hire retired civil servants from the license plate bureau, crank them up on bath salts and turn them loose on the Kahr owning public.

For those who have had good experiences, good for you. Thatís how itís supposed to work.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Quote Originally Posted by plumber802 View Post
    I thought Glock ̶w̶a̶s̶ #1...
    You misspelled is
    bill35738, gatorbait51 and Sister like this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Quote Originally Posted by glock19er View Post
    I thought CZ was # 1

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

There is a disconnect between username and reply.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

VIP Member
    While deciding on a micro 9 I considered several manufacturers offerings including Kahr. I evaluated based upon ergonomics, perceived quality of construction, reviews by a few reviewers I have faith in, warranty, and price. The Walther Was on top of the finalist list and Kahr was in last place. What ultimately. One thing that put it there was the 200 round break in spec to assure reliability. I just do not accept that a gun should be reliable out of the box. I do break in a view gun, but that is a reliability test and a smoothing of moving parts and springs. I test fires my final options and $ for $. Walther won out, and it had the best ergo for my hand. Kahr was at the bottom of the list of test firing too.
    "You don't hurt them if you don't hit them." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC Retired

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June Ď66 to February Ď68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

I worked at a Gun Shop years ago where we had more problems with Kahr than Any other brand. One of the Owners had a good one but, a lot of others were having problems.
    10thmtn and sigman69 like this.
    Two Revolvers, Two Reloads, every day, all day.

I like the size, balance and trigger on Kahr but, I went 2 for 2 on getting a bad one so I just cannot go back even though I wish I could because I still like the way they feel in hand and the slimness for carry. Both of mine had trigger issues. One went completely dead and the other was a single shot as it would not reset.
    10thmtn and gatorbait51 like this.

I must have missed something! I never realized that Kahr was a top CCW! It must be a regional thing!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Glad this thread popped up today. I was gonna go looking for a pm9 today.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    I am reading this thread with interest as well. Never had a Kahr but they are very attractive in size -- seems lots of guys here have them and like them, some not so much. My local LGS guys (very knowledgeable and honest) don't like them at all and won't even carry them in their store. I dunno. Still reading with an open mind.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Lead Moderator
    I own a p9 that works fine with defense loads. With Fmj off the shelves from a few manufacuterers it doesn't reliable work unless I really firmly grip the gun. While it is ok, I find other brands work better for me and conceal just as well.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    All I know is I have had zero issues with either my P380 or CM9. In fact, the P380 is my EDC pocket gun. The CM9 was replaced as my primary EDC IWB gun when I switched to the Sig P365, primarily for capacity reasons. The CM9 remains a back up should the P365 display any problems down the road. As for quality, I can't speculate on whether it has improved or deterriorated with the move to Alabama.

Greg Ellifritz published a couple of pistol comparisons with his experiences with Kahrs. While a few years old, these may be a worthwhile read for anyone considering a Kahr. All I can say is I continue to carry mine without issues. https://www.activeresponsetraining.n...us-kahr-cw-380
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links