Derringers and North American Arms for concealment: Whatís your thoughts? - Page 2

Derringers and North American Arms for concealment: Whatís your thoughts?

This is a discussion on Derringers and North American Arms for concealment: Whatís your thoughts? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a NAA 22 LR and two Cobra Derringers. I have carried them very rarely, but they have a role, albeit small....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Derringers and North American Arms for concealment: Whatís your thoughts?

Senior Moderator
    I have a NAA 22 LR and two Cobra Derringers. I have carried them very rarely, but they have a role, albeit small.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    Better options that weigh less, have more rounds, and are easier to CC.
    You found something that weighs less than 4.5 ounces?
    CDRGlock, MMinSC, BamaT and 2 others like this.
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

I have always wanted both a Bond Arms and a NAA. Not really any use for either but I would likely carry the Bond Arms sometimes. I think both are just really neat firearms that I would enjoy owning. Only two rounds on that Bond Arms but I bet the 45 Colt model looks intimidating pointed at you.
    BamaT likes this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator
    I don't really much go for the J-Frame I'm toting this evening as a back-up to the .45 Colt Government Model. I would really feel that I was "flappin' in th' breeze" to be reduced to gunfighting with a tiny .22 revolver Have played with others' .22 mini revolvers for big fun on plinking afternoons, but just haven't taken them seriously.

Iíve played with both. They were fun for plinking around the campsite. I can carry a J frame just about as easy. Iíd rather have the J Frame.I can also shoot the J frame a lot better
    Last edited by Haywood; November 16th, 2019 at 09:36 PM.
    5lima30ret, M1911A1 and ETXhiker like this.
    Two Revolvers, Two Reloads, every day, all day.

Distinguished Member Array viney266's Avatar
    I own lots of small guns. They are fun. and sometimes they come into a shop cheap. The only one I have ever "carried" is the 22 mag NAA in a pocket holster when hiking where I wasn't "allowed" to carry a weapon. It (as often said) is far better than nothing.
    Haywood, M1911A1 and ETXhiker like this.
    Proud NRA Benefactor member, My wife, daughter and son are all life members.
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

At one time derringers had their place but myself I prefer something with more than two shots.

-gamblers.jpg
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Senior Member Array GreenMan0352's Avatar
    I carry mine in my pocket at work. Firearms are frowned upon but not illegal here. So I carry this and a pocket knife. Not my ideal choice but to me better than nothing.

Some guys here carry full sized guns but Iím not willing to take that much of a risk. Although not illegal it will result in termination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CDRGlock and Pete63 like this.

I have both of those mini guns. I could maybe carry it as a backup . But would carry any of my other guns as a primary first. The Bond Arms weights about as much as a full sized gun and has only 2 rounds. The 22 has very little stopping power. And both diffcult to shoot accurately, especially at any distance. And reloading is slooooow.
    CDRGlock, msgt/ret and ETXhiker like this.

I HAD to have a little NAA .22LR/.22WMR.. Bought one, carried it once or twice, fired maybe 25-30 rds of .22LR through it.. I was appalled at how badly i shot it.. Could not even hit the target unless I was 5 feet away. For someone [like myself] that isn't that great a shot, not the best choice. The .22 WMR cylinder has yet to be taken out of its case.. I bought several hundred rds of .22WMR just because, and have not fired one through it yet..Its a meticulously crafted little gun, a little jewel as a matter of fact. Outstanding quality. However its not a good SD gun for me.. Its not the small caliber, its small size Really tough gun to hit anything with, for me at least.. Tried to trade it in, they wanted to gibe me less than peanuts for a brand new gun.. It sits in its nice metal case, looking good, and goes to the range on ocassion to remind me of how poorly I shoot it... bob
    5lima30ret and Texron like this.

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    I HAD to have a little NAA .22LR/.22WMR.. Bought one, carried it once or twice, fired maybe 25-30 rds of .22LR through it.. I was appalled at how badly i shot it.. Could not even hit the target unless I was 5 feet away. For someone [like myself] that isn't that great a shot, not the best choice. The .22 WMR cylinder has yet to be taken out of its case.. I bought several hundred rds of .22WMR just because, and have not fired one through it yet..Its a meticulously crafted little gun, a little jewel as a matter of fact. Outstanding quality. However its not a good SD gun for me.. Its not the small caliber, its small size Really tough gun to hit anything with, for me at least.. Tried to trade it in, they wanted to gibe me less than peanuts for a brand new gun.. It sits in its nice metal case, looking good, and goes to the range on ocassion to remind me of how poorly I shoot it... bob
    You have to position the gun in line with your index finger.

You donít aim it, you just point like youíd point your finger,

I had to shoot a few hundred before I could get comfortable with it.

Try it again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Instagram
    Muzzleblast_MD
    MMinSC, Cuda66 and Texron like this.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Here is my novelty gun. Two rounds of 380.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -d9d858ac-44b0-4cf2-909a-fd6163f80df6.jpeg  

-65ee201e-9e91-4fa1-8f79-fc806f799254.jpeg  

-c5a7154d-7db4-42db-a3e1-d748c377af5c.jpeg  

sparkyfender, MMinSC and jmf552 like this.

I have an NAA revolver, the model loosely made to look like a cap and ball Colt and sports a 3" barrel. {The "Earl," maybe?} .22 magnum.

It is cool, it was a gift, and I even have a little leather belt holster to go with it. I've carried it, maybe twice. Mainly just a toy.

I do want one of the Bond derringers, just for the heck of it, not as a primary carry gun, just to maybe pocket carry around the property. Nothing wrong with having a certain firearm "just because." Cliche alert! "Any gun beats no gun."

I have a NAA mini in 22lr. I call it my nose gun because I shoot it so poorly I'd have to stick the barrel up a bad guy's nostril and then I might still miss.
    msgt/ret, ETXhiker and CDRGlock like this.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

I have an NAA Black Widow conversion model. It shoots well and is quite accurate out to 10 yards. That said, it is only used for extreme NPE situations.
    CDRGlock likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links