Swinging deal on M&P Shield

This is a discussion on Swinging deal on M&P Shield within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As the holidays get closer, I am sure there are going to be more great deals on firearms than you can shake a stick at. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Swinging deal on M&P Shield

As the holidays get closer, I am sure there are going to be more great deals on firearms than you can shake a stick at. I just got an email from Top Gun Supply, with whom I have done business. I also buy from their sister company, Proven Arms and Outfitters.

Swinging deal on M&P Shield-shield.jpg

https://www.topgunsupply.com/gun-dea...eid=542175a0aa
    Every bullet has a lawyer attached to it.

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

"Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

Distinguished Member
    Yeah, but that's the 1.0. I think the 2.0 is worth the extra $$ just because of the trigger.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    Yeah, but that's the 1.0. I think the 2.0 is worth the extra $$ just because of the trigger.
    Yep I caught that after I posted. Did not realize the 2.0 was still that much more.
    Wavygravy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    It's a good deal on the 2.0 for sure. I paid over $400 for one 1 1/2 years ago.
    G26Raven likes this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

I can't believe you can get a 1.0 for under $200 after rebate. I paid $350 on a Black Friday special shortly after it came out and thought I stole it. This is by far the best bang for the buck for a quality CCW IMO. I had one and sold it. Maybe now it's time to jump back in.
    Wavygravy and G26Raven like this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hfjeff View Post
    I can't believe you can get a 1.0 for under $200 after rebate. I paid $350 on a Black Friday special shortly after it came out and thought I stole it. This is by far the best bang for the buck for a quality CCW IMO. I had one and sold it. Maybe now it's time to jump back in.
    Good Gracious yes. You could even buy an Apex trigger kit for it and only have $275 or so in it.
    G26Raven likes this.
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

About two months ago, the local LGS that I frequent had a Shield .40 on consignment, with 7 extra 7-round magazines, for $199.00 out the door. That was hard to pass up, and being one of the few remaining .40 fans around, I snagged it. I bought one of the Shield 45s a few years ago when they first came out, and bought a few mags from eBay to go with it... after that experience, I realized that I would pay that much for magazines and the pistol was essentially free ;-)

I had previously steered away from.40 Shields due to the perception that they would have a "snappy" recoil, however on taking the new member of the flock to the range, it proved to be an excellent shooter, and is now my choice for "discrete" carry.
    Wavygravy and G26Raven like this.

Distinguished Member
    I wish they'd run that $50 rebate on the M&P Bodyguard as well. I'd probably jump on that.
    G26Raven and Buckeye63 like this.
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

VIP Member
    Academy Sports has the Shield EZ for $229 after the $50 rebate - on their Black Friday flyer
    https://gun.deals/product/academy-sp..._source=forums

AND if I read the Flyer right, you also get an Academy $50 gift card as an extra bonus. IF that if right, it brings the Shield EZ price down to $179 (plus tax and background check).

I might have to get a second one. Gramps is going to think I've totally lost my mind.

ETA: Gramps said GET IT!!!!
    Last edited by ShooterGranny; November 18th, 2019 at 12:26 PM.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

2.0 is $279 after rebate at palmetto state armory. Missed the rebate by that much (Get Smart if you are old, anyone remember what he carried?)

I purchased my 1.0 Shield from KYGUNCO... For $249.00 shipped.. My $50.00 rebate is being processed... I have owned a 1.0 & 2.0 , I traded them both . Paid low , traded high ... I honestly couldn't tell difference in the trigger , for my use , that is ..
    But again I like my stock Glock 43 stock trigger ;-)

The 1.0 for $2 bills is a smoking deal on a great pistol !!!
    Swinging deal on M&P Shield-image.jpeg
    G26Raven, hfjeff and SIXTO like this.

2.0 is $279 after rebate at palmetto state armory. Missed the rebate by that much (Get Smart if you are old, anyone remember what he carried?)

I dont remember what he carried.....but I can still picture 99

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    I wish they'd run that $50 rebate on the M&P Bodyguard as well. I'd probably jump on that.
    A very shootable 380... I shot my buddies just a couple of weeks ago ...Great shooting 380
    Wavygravy likes this.

Here is a great deal that just popped up for the Shield 2.0. $239 after rebate.

https://www.smga.com/smith-and-wesso...th-safety-1436
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Swinging deal on M&P Shield-shield2.jpg  

G26Raven likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Rotorflyr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmonet View Post
    He carried a shoe phone!

Actually most of the time it was a .38 snub nose, either a Detective Special or Model 36
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Swinging deal on M&P Shield-donadams.jpg  

G26Raven likes this.
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links