You Guys Are Rubbing Off On Me

This is a discussion on You Guys Are Rubbing Off On Me within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This place is good for something, maybe. I DO think a lot about stuff you folks post here, even if sometimes certain posters are annoying ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: You Guys Are Rubbing Off On Me

Distinguished Member

This place is good for something, maybe. I DO think a lot about stuff you folks post here, even if sometimes certain posters are annoying due to "my way or the highway" snarks.
    I have been being lazy -- it's just sooo easy to stick a .380 in my pocket and run out. Why have I been doing it? Clipping my subcompact 9 in holster onto my belt is just as easy and I actually DO feel like a quality 9mm HP round is more effective than a .380 round, all things considered. That's partly after reading many posts on various threads here -- you guys have made valid points. I knew it in my gut, but talked myself into thinking otherwise.

So -- I got a claw for my Vedder LightTuck w/ the Shield 9. Keeps it tighter to my body and am carrying that Every Day except when I have to truly deep conceal at my music gigs. Then it's back to the peashooter in the back pocket. The .380 in the front pocket as well as the 9 at 4:00 for going to more high-risk places.
    You guys are rubbing off on me, apparently. Go ahead and say "I told ya so."
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

I would never presume to tell someone what they should or should not carry. But since, you asked, "I told you so!" (Not really sure what I told you....)
    OldChap, Wavygravy, OD* and 3 others like this.
    So many weapons, so little time.

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

"Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

Okay...but before I say, "I told ya so", I'd like to ask why on earth you're ONLY carrying two guns to high risk places?

You're welcome, brother.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    This place is good for something, maybe. I DO think a lot about stuff you folks post here, even if sometimes certain posters are annoying due to "my way or the highway" snarks.
    I have been being lazy -- it's just sooo easy to stick a .380 in my pocket and run out. Why have I been doing it? Clipping my subcompact 9 in holster onto my belt is just as easy and I actually DO feel like a quality 9mm HP round is more effective than a .380 round, all things considered. That's partly after reading many posts on various threads here -- you guys have made valid points. I knew it in my gut, but talked myself into thinking otherwise.

So -- I got a claw for my Vedder LightTuck w/ the Shield 9. Keeps it tighter to my body and am carrying that Every Day except when I have to truly deep conceal at my music gigs. Then it's back to the peashooter in the back pocket. The .380 in the front pocket as well as the 9 at 4:00 for going to more high-risk places.
    Sounds like you have changed the way you do things and have your reasons....Some post come off snarky
    and i know i am guilty but my post are just my opinions and the reasons i feel that way....They are never meant to be
    taken as putting down someone else's choices

You didn't really need our help !!!!
    LimaCharlie, OD*, airslot and 1 others like this.
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43

I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    Carry Safe & Train hard !!

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post

Except...consistency. If you usually pocket carry a .380, are you going to remember the 9mm on your belt under stress...or are you instinctively going to first go for your pocket?

I struggle with this too, as 5-6 days a week, I pocket carry. Sometimes Iím not sure the extra capabilities of the belt carried pistol are worth the trade off in speed and muscle memory.

I recall an after action report of a detective who carried his sidearm in different locations...sometimes belt, pocket, shoulder, ankle, etc. Got into a shootout, and had to pat himself down to remember where his gun was. Fortunately his partner shot the criminal or he would likely have gotten killed.

If you HAVE to pocket carry due to NPE, does it make sense to carry other guns in other ways when you arenít in the NPE? Donít know the answer...
    OD*, Wavygravy, G26Raven and 5 others like this.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

I have the claw on my light tuck and I love having it.
    Wavygravy, OD* and OldChap like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

I carry a 5" 1911 in .45 ACP or 10mm on my right hip and a Sig P938 9mm in my right-front pocket in low risk areas. Step it up brother!
    OD*, BCC73, msgt/ret and 4 others like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Except...consistency. If you usually pocket carry a .380, are you going to remember the 9mm on your belt under stress...or are you instinctively going to first go for your pocket?

I struggle with this too, as 5-6 days a week, I pocket carry. Sometimes Iím not sure the extra capabilities of the belt carried pistol are worth the trade off in speed and muscle memory.

I recall an after action report of a detective who carried his sidearm in different locations...sometimes belt, pocket, shoulder, ankle, etc. Got into a shootout, and had to pat himself down to remember where his gun was. Fortunately his partner shot the criminal or he would likely have gotten killed.

If you HAVE to pocket carry due to NPE, does it make sense to carry other guns in other ways when you arenít in the NPE? Donít know the answer...
    Good point, 10thmtn. I only HAVE to pocket carry 1-2 nights a week, so doesn't really matter either way. I guess what I'm saying is that I am "aware" of where I'm carrying no matter where it is. It's not like I'm forgetting that I'm carrying, just like I'm always aware that my wallet is in my back pocket. Stress heightens that awareness in me. Food for thought, though.
    10thmtn and OldChap like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post

Now STOP that, CDW4ME.
    airslot, CDW4ME, OldChap and 1 others like this.
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post

I pocket carry a Glock 26 at work and a 19 on my belt otherwise. When I'm carrying on my belt I know it because I can feel it. I've actually had instances at the range where I was practicing drawing from my pocket and reached for my belt out of habit.
    OldChap likes this.

You probably should go take a shower.
    Wavygravy and OldChap like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    You probably should go take a shower.
    Shaddup, you. Go have a drink or three. I had a shower just a couple days ago.
    OldVet, drmordo, airslot and 2 others like this.
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

I sometimes change which guns I carry but I never change where I carry guns. That way when I reach for a gun I'm always reaching in the same place and finding a gun there.
    Unfortunately there are many gun owners who will still shop at Wal Mart even though they know Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety just because it is convenient and they can save a few bucks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links