Springfield Hellcat- broken striker - Page 4

Springfield Hellcat- broken striker

This is a discussion on Springfield Hellcat- broken striker within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by lee n. field Lots of guns have primer drag. Funny how it was never a problem until people struggled to find a ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Springfield Hellcat- broken striker

Quote Originally Posted by lee n. field View Post
    Lots of guns have primer drag.
    Funny how it was never a problem until people struggled to find a reason to bash the P365.
    Big Western likes this.

Wow, not good I was on base where they happen to have one and I didn't like the trigger pull, maybe it gets better with more pull but I will wait.
    Luke 22:36
    Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Western View Post
    Hellcat with a fracture in the barrel's feed ramp at about 475 rounds:
    The owner who sent the Hellcat back with the fractured feed ramp was sent a new pistol by SA, and he just made another video showing the front sight can be pushed right off the slide with just his thumb. He bought his Hellcat and mags, unlike the many free pistol gift packages Springfield gave numerous YT channels, so he's perturbed.

"If you're in a gunfight there's no such thing as enough ammo, and your gunfight will only last as long as your ammo." - Clint Smith

"There are only two times you can carry too much ammo, when you're drowning or on fire."
    - Mike Hughes of Gunsite

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

There isn't a manufacturer out there that doesn't have some problems, including high end semi-customs like Les Baer, Ed Brown, and Wilson, and even the full custom-built guns aren't immune to a part breaking.
    I REALLY like the looks of the Hellcat sights, but, certainly wouldn't buy one for at least a year. I waited a year and a half to buy a Kimber Solo, and really like it. Even though I didn't NEED another carry gun, I just picked up a 365 that was born in April. I took the 365 for a quick range trip, to try various ammo through it. I THINK it's a keeper, but, I think I'm going to swap out the sights for Trijicon HDs in yellow, so I can see them without having to go to the center lens, in my tri-focals. Hopefully, I can get a slightly shorter front sight, because with the stock sights, at 25 yards, the bullet holes are covered by the front sight. So far, the most accurate load I've tried is Remington Golden Sabre 124 grain jhp +P, which resulted in about a 2", 5 shot group, at 25 yards with half frozen fingers.

UPDATE: Another BROKEN STRIKER on a Hellcat- and the breakage is in the same spot, I'll call it the "safety hook". Please help spread the word to other gun forums and sites:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/my...#post-28150168
    "If you're in a gunfight there's no such thing as enough ammo, and your gunfight will only last as long as your ammo." - Clint Smith

"There are only two times you can carry too much ammo, when you're drowning or on fire."
    - Mike Hughes of Gunsite

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Funny how it was never a problem until people struggled to find a reason to bash the P365.
    Seriously? Striker drag was never the issue, it was that striker drag was breaking poorly designed firing pins. Which is why Sig redesigned them. People were not "struggling for reasons to bash the P365" but, Sig did use the public to beta test their new gun which is just crappy customer service in most people's view.
    PPS1980, Havok and 10thmtn like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    Seriously? Striker drag was never the issue, it was that striker drag was breaking poorly designed firing pins. Which is why Sig redesigned them. People were not "struggling for reasons to bash the P365" but, Sig did use the public to beta test their new gun which is just crappy customer service in most people's view.
    For something as serious as a carry weapon it is constantly amazing to me how adamant the Fanboi's are about how it "couldn't be XXX Maker's fault!!:" Design faults are design faults, whether you don't want them to be or not matters nothing at all. How is it that some SC striker weapons do not exhibit drag and have few, if any, reports of broken strikers and some company's SC weapons exhibit striker drag and have MANY reported firing pins that have broken? Could those two things be related somehow?
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    [Not directed at anyone in particular]

Seriously??? Two failures, documented on an Internet web site, would convince someone not to buy a gun???

Would you fly in a Boeing 737? OMG! There have been DOZENS of fatal crashes, killing hundreds, since the B737 was introduced! Same goes for the DC-9.
    How about the Airbus 320; one of the safest airliners ever made? ~1400 deaths in 17 fatal accidents.

Would you ride in a Chevy, Ford, or Dodge pickup truck? OMG! There have been hundreds of reported brake, tire, or suspension failures resulting in fatal accidents!

Ever talked on a cell phone while driving? If so, you exposed yourself to a far greater chance of being killed, than your chance of getting killed due to a defective Hellcat, or any other firearm, for that matter.

But gee, a couple of posts about gun failures rule out buying that model?

FWIW, I wouldn't buy a Hellcat, either, but it's because I don't care for Croatian Hrvatski Samokres pistols, and it appears the Hellcat was rushed into production to compete with the P365.

Hope you're not relying on a Glock, S&W, Colt, HK, Ruger, Beretta, Kimber, Taurus, Kel-Tec, Bersa, Browning, CZ, FN, Dan Wesson, Remington, Charter Arms, Kahr, or Walther. According to the Internet, they're all junk.

Whatever pistol you choose, you can find several Internet accounts to prove that your selection is junk. Get real!
    I seriously doubt the Hellcat/P365/etc,etc was tested by the builders and a public safety organization as much as the 737 was. That is the whole point. Using the public to really test a gun has become the norm not the exception. To put your comparison in the right light,what if the 737 had just come out and 2 crashed and the FAA determined it to be a basic design flaw and not wind shear or pilot error, or just a bad one built on a Friday?. You are still going to fly one without a care in the world?
    Not me.

Thatís why I carry Two. Anything can break.
    10thmtn likes this.
    Two Revolvers, Two Reloads, every day, all day.

Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    I seriously doubt the Hellcat/P365/etc,etc was tested by the builders and a public safety organization as much as the 737 was. That is the whole point. Using the public to really test a gun has become the norm not the exception. To put your comparison in the right light,what if the 737 had just come out and 2 crashed and the FAA determined it to be a basic design flaw and not wind shear or pilot error, or just a bad one built on a Friday?. You are still going to fly one without a care in the world?
    Not me.
    This does seem to be a trend. Maybe we need an Underwriters Laboratory for firearms, to do standardized, independent testing?
    forester58 likes this.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Western View Post
    Please help spread the word to other gun forums and sites:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/my...#post-28150168
    Is this really concern over product quality, or more because SA "betrayed the 2A" as you've said before?
    Novarider likes this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
    Thatís why I carry Two. Anything can break.
    Bingo. 100% reliability doesnít exist.
    Haywood likes this.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    For something as serious as a carry weapon it is constantly amazing to me how adamant the Fanboi's are about how it "couldn't be XXX Maker's fault!!:" Design faults are design faults, whether you don't want them to be or not matters nothing at all. How is it that some SC striker weapons do not exhibit drag and have few, if any, reports of broken strikers and some company's SC weapons exhibit striker drag and have MANY reported firing pins that have broken? Could those two things be related somehow?
    That's why I'm always amazed that Walther put out five different small pistols that had to be recalled for drop firing and unintended discharges. The CCP and the PPS were very recent, and those two recalls were about a year and a half apart. How does a company make the same engineering mistakes FIVE times in pistols made over the span of almost 18 years?! It boggles the mind!

- Mike Hughes of Gunsite

It always amazes me that there are a ton of favorable reviews out there for a product, this one in particular had at least one ten thousand round test, but all of that is forgotten and tossed aside at the first issue posted. Talk about reactionary.

Esse quam videri

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Is this really concern over product quality, or more because SA "betrayed the 2A" as you've said before?
    BOTH! I know it bothers you that I point out the documented facts about Springfield's betrayal of the Second Amendment and the gun community:

1) Dennis Reese owner of Springfield was accused by the feds in the late 80s of fraud and bribery in a gun sales scheme and he pled to some of it.

2) Springfield had been giving campaign money to the gun hating democrat leaders of IL state government for at least a few years prior to their 2017 exposure.

3) They lied about WHEN they first knew about the proposed IL bill, and WHAT they knew about it- turns out S.A. authored their own carve-out a full year before they said they first knew of the bill.

What's really troubling is that one could be informed of all the documented facts and still not consider Springfield and Rock River Arms to be "do not buy" brands. It's amazing how easy it is for some in the gun community to put something they like ahead of the Second Amendment- their emotion trumps the 2A.

- Mike Hughes of Gunsite

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links