Springfield Hellcat- broken striker - Page 5

Springfield Hellcat- broken striker

This is a discussion on Springfield Hellcat- broken striker within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by BackpackHunter It always amazes me that there are a ton of favorable reviews out there for a product, this one in particular ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Springfield Hellcat- broken striker

Quote Originally Posted by BackpackHunter View Post
    It always amazes me that there are a ton of favorable reviews out there for a product, this one in particular had at least one ten thousand round test, but all of that is forgotten and tossed aside at the first issue posted. Talk about reactionary.
    I put very little credibility in any YT reviews or tests because almost all of the channels are getting paid in money/product for the reviews, but they're also not clear about that being the case, despite legal requirements.

At least two smaller YT channels freely said in YT comments sections that Springfield gifted the Hellcat package to a bunch of channels- it included the pistol, mini vault, holster, mags, and some included red dot optics. Smart marketing on the part of S.A., but not cool that most of those channels won't even clearly tell viewers the 'marketing kits' weren't loaners but were in fact free gifts of pistol and accessories.

As for the claimed 10,000 round test- you and most others fail to mention the testers say it included at least four stoppages. To put that in context- the Army's testing of the new m17 pistols ran over 8,000 rounds before the first stoppage.

A question: how can you ignore all of the facts I mentioned in my other comment about S.A.'s anti Second Amendment actions? It's amazing that your reaction is to defend the brand over the 2A.
    "If you're in a gunfight there's no such thing as enough ammo, and your gunfight will only last as long as your ammo." - Clint Smith

"There are only two times you can carry too much ammo, when you're drowning or on fire."
    - Mike Hughes of Gunsite

Quote Originally Posted by Big Western View Post
    I put very little credibility in any YT reviews or tests because almost all of the channels are getting paid in money/product for the reviews, but they're also not clear about that being the case, despite legal requirements.

At least two smaller YT channels freely said in YT comments sections that Springfield gifted the Hellcat package to a bunch of channels- it included the pistol, mini vault, holster, mags, and some included red dot optics. Smart marketing on the part of S.A., but not cool that most of those channels won't even clearly tell viewers the 'marketing kits' weren't loaners but were in fact free gifts.

As for the claimed 10,000 round test- you and most others fail to mention the testers say it included at least four stoppages.

A question: how can you ignore all of the facts I mentioned in my other comment about S.A.'s anti Second Amendment actions? It's amazing that your reaction is to defend the brand over the 2A.
    I'm afraid I don't know you from adam so I don't know what comments you may have previously made. If you would care to discuss the 2nd I'd be more than happy to.
    So you just throw out a test because of how the materials were obtained? Seems a strange way to go about things, but it's your life. Live it how you want to.

Esse quam videri

Forgot to mention, that yes there were 4 FTF out of 10,000 within a two day period. That is a failure rate of
    04%. Impressive regardless of how the ammo, targets, and firearm were supplied.

Esse quam videri

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    I don't trust any of them rather they have been out 6 months or 10 yrs until i get my own grubby hands on one myself.
    I guess i am not a very trusting person.
    How's that Trapdoor Springfield working out for you?
    G-man* and Cornhusker95 like this.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Lol, this is all ridiculousness.

If you are going to hold a grudge against Springfield, then you shouldn’t own a S&W and certainly not a Ruger.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Senior Moderator
    Numerous posts deleted. If you want to dispute a gun maker's 2A support, we have a whole separate sub-forum for 2A issues. Keep the posts on topic, or this whole thread goes away.
    Wavygravy and rotorhead1026 like this.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Gun Tests magazine reportedly had their first Hellcat experience a broken disconnector pin. Pins break, it happens. They had zero problems with the second Hellcat.
    "If you're in a gunfight there's no such thing as enough ammo, and your gunfight will only last as long as your ammo." - Clint Smith

"There are only two times you can carry too much ammo, when you're drowning or on fire."
    - Mike Hughes of Gunsite

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    How's that Trapdoor Springfield working out for you?
    It is working great...If it didn't i would have found out myself.

Some over at GT are speculating that the hollow tubular design of the hellcat striker may have a weak point where it meets the "safety hook", because that's where at least two strikers have broken.

Page 11 of the hellcat manual advises using snap caps for dry firing: "NOTE: Extensive dry firing can accelerate component wear/stress. Use snap caps if dry firing on a regular basis."

Springfield Hellcat- broken striker-brokenhellcatstriker_hollowstrikerdesign.jpeg
    Last edited by Big Western; January 12th, 2020 at 11:52 AM.
    CLASS3NH likes this.

- Mike Hughes of Gunsite

The Store has been selling quite a few Hellcats, and P365s..
    To date, a lot of 365s come in for trade or sell.. We had the first 365SAS sell just before Christmas, and it came back IN as a trade/sell within 1 week.
    Been selling the both OSP (549.99) and Standard (499.99) Hellcats since they have come out, and Zero have been returned or traded/sold so far.

I'm awaiting a used Hellcat to arrive in the store, so I can take it out and evaluate it myself. Might be a long while though.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by Big Western View Post
    Some over at GT are speculating that the hollow tubular design of the hellcat striker may have a weak point where it meets the "safety hook", because that's where at least two strikers have broken.

Page 11 of the hellcat manual advises using snap caps for dry firing.

"NOTE: Extensive dry firing can accelerate component wear/stress. Use snap caps if dry firing on a regular basis."
    Link?
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Link?
    https://www.springfield-armory.com/w...tyManual_4.pdf

Just go to page 11, it's right there.

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    The Store has been selling quite a few Hellcats, and P365s..
    To date, a lot of 365s come in for trade or sell.. We had the first 365SAS sell just before Christmas, and it came back IN as a trade/sell within 1 week.
    Been selling the both OSP (549.99) and Standard (499.99) Hellcats since they have come out, and Zero have been returned or traded/sold so far.

I'm awaiting a used Hellcat to arrive in the store, so I can take it out and evaluate it myself. Might be a long while though.
    Why are people getting rid of the 365s?
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by HotBrass45 View Post
    I’d like to know what constitutes Development testing and Durability testing at a typical firearms manufacturer, especially for new products.
    Like with everything these days...computers. If the computer says this combination will work...ship it!

Quote Originally Posted by DocGlock View Post
    https://www.springfield-armory.com/w...tyManual_4.pdf

Just go to page 11, it's right there.
    Sorry, meant to the magazine article he referenced.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links