Springfield Hellcat- broken striker - Page 6

Springfield Hellcat- broken striker

This is a discussion on Springfield Hellcat- broken striker within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Havok Why are people getting rid of the 365s? Still having Issues with the guns. They're going with Glock 43, 43X, 48, ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Springfield Hellcat- broken striker

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Why are people getting rid of the 365s?
    Still having Issues with the guns. They're going with Glock 43, 43X, 48, Shields, and Hellcats. No Hellcats have come back for repair or trade/sell yet.....Will keep you posted..
    We get about 2 to 3 P365s in about every week. Selling for 375.00 to 395.00 each Used retail...
    Whole bunch of 238s and 938s used too.... I know we can't keep Glock 19s on the shelf either....Some kind of trend, or passion buying... I dunno..
    Havok likes this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by Big Western View Post
    Some over at GT are speculating that the hollow tubular design of the hellcat striker may have a weak point where it meets the "safety hook", because that's where at least two strikers have broken.

Page 11 of the hellcat manual advises using snap caps for dry firing: "NOTE: Extensive dry firing can accelerate component wear/stress. Use snap caps if dry firing on a regular basis."

Attachment 310544
    Looks like a MIM part to me..... Either that or Casting

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    Still having Issues with the guns. They're going with Glock 43, 43X, 48, Shields, and Hellcats. No Hellcats have come back for repair or trade/sell yet.....Will keep you posted..
    We get about 2 to 3 P365s in about every week. Selling for 375.00 to 395.00 each Used retail...
    Whole bunch of 238s and 938s used too.... I know we can't keep Glock 19s on the shelf either....Some kind of trend, or passion buying... I dunno..

tag.
    "If you're in a gunfight there's no such thing as enough ammo, and your gunfight will only last as long as your ammo." - Clint Smith

"There are only two times you can carry too much ammo, when you're drowning or on fire."
    - Mike Hughes of Gunsite

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Tried hard to like the Sig, but problem after problem. Besides the fact that the gun is so over rated. Glad to get rid of mine. The final time I sent it back to Sig, they told me they had a new Extractor that should fix the problem. Ok, then another striker failure. Big mistake. Bought a new Hellcat and like it so much better. Better shooter, less muzzle flip (Sig is a snappy little Sucker). No problems so far with 600 rds down range with mixed ammo including a number of different defense loads.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Western View Post
    A broken striker at about 500 rounds on an SA Hellcat:

Like I mentioned. No Hellcats have come back yet, for Repair, sell, or trade...... I'll keep you posted......I played with both guns (the Hellcat and the 365 SAS ) and due to the sight picture, I would have chosen the Hellcat....
    Like I said, I'll update my post when the store gets a used hellcat...
    BTW, I have a Hellcat OSP gun on special order at the store....549.00 The video above makes me wanna wait until the gun grows out of it's growing pains.. Just like the 365...
    The store has a lot of used 938s and 238s...2-3 used P365s right now for 375.00 to 395.00 People handle em, but they're not buying em....
    Like anything, everybody has to get the "Latest and Greatest".....Everybody wanted the 365 and it's slowed down quite a bit, and the newest desire is the Hellcat, 43XL 48, and now the Glock 44 (22LR) The Ruger 5.7 is also a rage (handled 2 of the 7 we recently got 659.99, and the LCP in 22LR for 299.00 (that one looks like a real winner with people who wanna shoot a lot and pocket carry) ....... What's next Who knows....

The Store has been selling quite a few Hellcats, and P365s..
    To date, a lot of 365s come in for trade or sell.. We had the first 365SAS sell just before Christmas, and it came back IN as a trade/sell within 1 week.
    Been selling the both OSP (549.99) and Standard (499.99) Hellcats since they have come out, and Zero have been returned or traded/sold so far.

I'm awaiting a used Hellcat to arrive in the store, so I can take it out and evaluate it myself. Might be a long while though.

tagged.
    "If you're in a gunfight there's no such thing as enough ammo, and your gunfight will only last as long as your ammo." - Clint Smith

"There are only two times you can carry too much ammo, when you're drowning or on fire."
    - Mike Hughes of Gunsite

Like I mentioned. No Hellcats have come back yet, for Repair, sell, or trade...... I'll keep you posted......I played with both guns (the Hellcat and the 365 SAS ) and due to the sight picture, I would have chosen the Hellcat....
    Like I said, I'll update my post when the store gets a used hellcat...
    BTW, I have a Hellcat OSP gun on special order at the store....549.00 The video above makes me wanna wait until the gun grows out of it's growing pains.. Just like the 365...
    The store has a lot of used 938s and 238s...2-3 used P365s right now for 375.00 to 395.00 People handle em, but they're not buying em....
    Like anything, everybody has to get the "Latest and Greatest".....Everybody wanted the 365 and it's slowed down quite a bit, and the newest desire is the Hellcat, 43XL 48, and now the Glock 44 (22LR) The Ruger 5.7 is also a rage (handled 2 of the 7 we recently got 659.99, and the LCP in 22LR for 299.00 (that one looks like a real winner with people who wanna shoot a lot and pocket carry) ....... What's next Who knows....
    tagged.

- Mike Hughes of Gunsite

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Sponsored Links