Springfield Hellcat- broken striker

This is a discussion on Springfield Hellcat- broken striker within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A broken striker at about 500 rounds on an SA Hellcat:...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Springfield Hellcat- broken striker

A broken striker at about 500 rounds on an SA Hellcat:

"If you're in a gunfight there's no such thing as enough ammo, and your gunfight will only last as long as your ammo." - Clint Smith

"There are only two times you can carry too much ammo, when you're drowning or on fire."
    - Mike Hughes of Gunsite

Hellcat with a fracture in the barrel's feed ramp at about 475 rounds:

"If you're in a gunfight there's no such thing as enough ammo, and your gunfight will only last as long as your ammo." - Clint Smith

"There are only two times you can carry too much ammo, when you're drowning or on fire."
    - Mike Hughes of Gunsite

Hellcat primer drag marks. Drag is normal.

- Mike Hughes of Gunsite

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I thought these things only happened to Sig and the P365.................this is going to twist a lot of knickers.

Oh Glock 26, how do I love thee...
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

I think I will wait before I buy one. I love the 11+1 the red dot ready slide.
    bigpapa and CLASS3NH like this.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

Ex Member
    So th new miracle gun is not miracle after all. Based upon the reports above you can sure the Hellcat is not on my shopping list. I stick with my Walther.

Distinguished Member
    My Shield is sitting at 4:00 on hip as I read this....
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

VIP Member
    I have several sub compact weapons and neither leaves drag marks on the primers (and yes, I do check my primer strikes EVERY time I am at the range).
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Why is this surprising?

A gun with almost identical characteristics as a P365 has similar problems to a P365.

The poor engineering fairy doesn't just hangout at Sig. She tends to visit a lot of gun manufacturers these days.
    Last edited by WebleyHunter; November 25th, 2019 at 01:03 PM.
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

Uh Oh! Not again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Springfield Hellcat- broken striker-20191125_084950_1574693471070.jpg  

rch27834 and Grizzly2 like this.

Id like to know what constitutes Development testing and Durability testing at a typical firearms manufacturer, especially for new products.
    Grizzly2, forester58 and BamaT like this.
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

I don't get it. Why can't companies just make stuff that works and is reliable? I have Beretta, Sig(not 365), Glock, Springfield 1911 and Smith. Never any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    [Not directed at anyone in particular]

Seriously??? Two failures, documented on an Internet web site, would convince someone not to buy a gun???

Would you fly in a Boeing 737? OMG! There have been DOZENS of fatal crashes, killing hundreds, since the B737 was introduced! Same goes for the DC-9.
    How about the Airbus 320; one of the safest airliners ever made? ~1400 deaths in 17 fatal accidents.

Would you ride in a Chevy, Ford, or Dodge pickup truck? OMG! There have been hundreds of reported brake, tire, or suspension failures resulting in fatal accidents!

Ever talked on a cell phone while driving? If so, you exposed yourself to a far greater chance of being killed, than your chance of getting killed due to a defective Hellcat, or any other firearm, for that matter.

But gee, a couple of posts about gun failures rule out buying that model?

FWIW, I wouldn't buy a Hellcat, either, but it's because I don't care for Croatian Hrvatski Samokres pistols, and it appears the Hellcat was rushed into production to compete with the P365.

Hope you're not relying on a Glock, S&W, Colt, HK, Ruger, Beretta, Kimber, Taurus, Kel-Tec, Bersa, Browning, CZ, FN, Dan Wesson, Remington, Charter Arms, Kahr, or Walther. According to the Internet, they're all junk.

Whatever pistol you choose, you can find several Internet accounts to prove that your selection is junk. Get real!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dares not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    [Not directed at anyone in particular]

Seriously??? Two failures, documented on an Internet web site, would convince someone not to buy a gun???

Would you fly in a Boeing 737? OMG! There have been DOZENS of fatal crashes, killing hundreds, since the B737 was introduced! Same goes for the DC-9.
    How about the Airbus 320; one of the safest airliners ever made? ~1400 deaths in 17 fatal accidents.

Would you ride in a Chevy, Ford, or Dodge pickup truck? OMG! There have been hundreds of reported brake, tire, or suspension failures resulting in fatal accidents!

Ever talked on a cell phone while driving? If so, you exposed yourself to a far greater chance of being killed, than your chance of getting killed due to a defective Hellcat, or any other firearm, for that matter.

But gee, a couple of posts about gun failures rule out buying that model?

FWIW, I wouldn't buy a Hellcat, either, but it's because I don't care for Croatian Hrvatski Samokres pistols, and it appears the Hellcat was rushed into production to compete with the P365.

Hope you're not relying on a Glock, S&W, Colt, HK, Ruger, Beretta, Kimber, Taurus, Kel-Tec, Bersa, Browning, CZ, FN, Dan Wesson, Remington, Charter Arms, Kahr, or Walther. According to the Internet, they're all junk.

Whatever pistol you choose, you can find several Internet accounts to prove that your selection is junk. Get real!
    Well yeah sure, but people on the internet that do not own one told me all about it. I always seek advice from the least experienced person available.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links