Glock 43x owners-Is it meeting expectations? Pros/Cons - Page 2

Glock 43x owners-Is it meeting expectations? Pros/Cons

This is a discussion on Glock 43x owners-Is it meeting expectations? Pros/Cons within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Shield Arms 15 round mags shipped this week for those who had gotten in on the pre-order....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Glock 43x owners-Is it meeting expectations? Pros/Cons

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar

Shield Arms 15 round mags shipped this week for those who had gotten in on the pre-order.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

I have a 43, 43x and a 48. I also have a 365. I carry the 43x and 365 the most with the 43x seeing about 65% of the time and the 365 the other 35%...I have been shooting Glocks since the 90's and I am just more comfortable with that platform. All my Glock's have been boringly reliable. The 365 I changed the striker to the lightning strike and put in a flat trigger with new trigger spring. I would love the new Shield 15 round mag but I live in a restricted state...not that criminals care that it's restricted to 10 rounds
    Rabbit212 and ETXhiker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    @Havok -- So, what is the 43x designed FOR?
    It's even larger than the Shield. If you want a 10 round Glock, why not just get a double stack Glock? Heck, the 43X is over an inch thick and has a long grip, which makes it harder to conceal than the current top selling single stack "micros."
    I'm not trying to be combative here, I guess I just don't understand the rationale behind the 43x if it's not supposed to be competing with the other 10+ round single stack micros and is larger than the 7+1 Shield.
    Some of us have real-sized hands and cannot tolerate a pinky finger hanging in space nor can we tolerate pinching the skin in the palm of the hand when reloading under the clock or just practicing this.

The pistol is fine. In order to appease folks who are different than the naysayers it is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Havok and Rabbit212 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    Oh, I understand completely and already said so after Havok explained it -- It's a Glock thing.
    Carry on.
    MMinSC, Havok and ETXhiker like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Oh, I understand completely and already said so after Havok explained it -- It's a Glock thing.
    Carry on.
    They need the extra grip length in order to hold it sideways.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit212 View Post

Shield Arms 15 round mags shipped this week for those who had gotten in on the pre-order.
    If that mag works well, i think thatís going to be a game changer.
    BCC73, ETXhiker and Rabbit212 like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

I'm no Glock guy, so here's my take. The 43x is a pathetic attempt to keep up with the 365 craze. Instead of redesigning a new micro pistol that holds 10 rounds, they just took a 6 round 43 and made the grip longer. Big deal. It's just not going to conceal as easily.

Look at the size comparison -- https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...-vs-glock-g43x
    Great comparison site-thanks for sharing. I did not realize the 43x was that much larger than the CW9.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...-vs-glock-g43x
    Wavygravy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    If that mag works well, i think thatís going to be a game changer.
    Absolutely...so far not without some issues but in time I'm sure Mfr will get it right.
    Why can't Glock do this ???? They could if they wanted......
    Havok likes this.
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    Carry Safe & Train hard !!

Quote Originally Posted by BCC73 View Post
    Absolutely...so far not without some issues but in time I'm sure Mfr will get it right.
    Why can't Glock do this ???? They could if they wanted......
    Iím pretty sure glock just sits back and says ďshut up peasant, well make what we want and youíll buy it anywayĒ. As much as I think they know what people want, they donít really seem to care. Even if they donít change the mags, people will still buy the gun and go get an aftermarket mag for it. Or they will sell the gun and sell metal mags separately instead of including them with the gun. Just a mag like this on the market will take the wind out of the sails for Sig and SA though
    Wavygravy likes this.

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Iím pretty sure glock just sits back and says ďshut up peasant, well make what we want and youíll buy it anywayĒ. As much as I think they know what people want, they donít really seem to care. Even if they donít change the mags, people will still buy the gun and go get an aftermarket mag for it. Or they will sell the gun and sell metal mags separately instead of including them with the gun. Just a mag like this on the market will take the wind out of the sails for Sig and SA though
    ^^^^^^ This. I think it is a game-changer if the S15 mags bear out reliability wise.

As much as I am not a Glock fan...they have been the most consistent pistils for me with no issues...even when running an aftermarket trigger. That's the only reason I have them as carry pieces. Otherwise they're ugly blocks though the Glock 48 is about the best looking Glock so far.
    Havok likes this.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

As far as game changing goes, what makes anyone think that Shield arms wonít eventually make extra capacity mags for the 365 and Hellcat??
    Like I said, I like my 43x enough to not be looking at the 365 or the Hellcat. But they could be caught up, capacity wise, very easily.
    MMinSC and Rabbit212 like this.
    Iím tip top, but Iím not Robin Hood!
    The man's nuts....grab 'em!
    A pistol free zone is a crime spree zone!
    NRA Life Member
    Thugs that comply, don't die!
    Thugs that comply, don't die!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceapea View Post
    As far as game changing goes, what makes anyone think that Shield arms wonít eventually make extra capacity mags for the 365 and Hellcat??
    Or mags for any number of other small pistols.
    Rabbit212 likes this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Like I said, I like my 43x enough to not be looking at the 365 or the Hellcat. But they could be caught up, capacity wise, very easily.
    Glock makes a metal mag with a plastic coating on it. Springfield and Sig make an all metal mag, and all shield did was make an all metal mag for the glock.
    Rabbit212, druryj and 10thmtn like this.

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    As @Havok noted, the issue is that Glock mags are thicker due to the polymer surround. This isn't the case for most other brands. By removing the polymer from the equation, Shield Arms was able to make use of the volume of interior of the magazine which is where the additional capacity comes from (that's a simplistic explanation since there is more to it with geometry, follower, etc.).
    Rabbit212 and 10thmtn like this.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

I would say whatís pathetic is a gun that fires when dropped, or needs to have its manufacture date verified to see if the Striker can be expected to break. Thatís just my opinion though.
    No more pathetic than a gun that mandates the trigger to be pulled to disassemble it. Far more people have been shot due to this, than by dropping any gun. At least the one company resolved its issues.

As for breaking strikers, I have a P365 with more than 3,000 rounds through it. I got it in April of 2018. When was the striker suppose to break again?/! I work with a guy-we were issued Glock 22's, generation 4. Glock has made untold thousands of G22's. He had a striker break on one range session. I replaced the striker. His very next range session, the replaced striker broke. We continued to carry G22's until they were recently replaced by G54's.......
    MMinSC likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links