Glock 43x owners-Is it meeting expectations? Pros/Cons - Page 3

Glock 43x owners-Is it meeting expectations? Pros/Cons

This is a discussion on Glock 43x owners-Is it meeting expectations? Pros/Cons within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Havok The 43x is designed to give people a single stack 9mm Glock option with a longer grip and higher capacity than ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Glock 43x owners-Is it meeting expectations? Pros/Cons

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    The 43x is designed to give people a single stack 9mm Glock option with a longer grip and higher capacity than the 43. They have a 43 and a 48, and if you swap the slides, you have a 43x. Im usually more into the longer barrel and shorter grip for a carry gun, but a lot of people like longer grip and shorter barrel, so they sell that. I dont see why they didnt make them use the same mags, but thats a whole other discussion I guess. As far as asking why people dont carry a 26, thats up to them. I normally say that if I were buying a gun, I would buy the 26 over the 43 or 43x, but I have a 43 because I got it for free. Its a really comfortable gun to hold and easy to conceal. However, I carry a glock 30 daily, so I cant really understand how people make such a big deal over the minor difference in width of the 26, or p365, or 43 or 43x or whatever. Once you throw your shirt over it, the reality is that the difference in width between those 4 guns is so minor that it wont make a difference in the holster. Thats not to say it wont in some peoples hands. Ive never shot a p365, but I have held one before. It felt very comfortable in my hands. I can definitely understand why people like the size of the gun. But not everyone has the same size hands, so people have options. I think its more important for people to find the gun that best fits them. People put too much value in the dimensions on paper in my opinion. Just my thoughts. Opinions may vary.
    My two most carried guns are the P365 and the G43, with the P354 being carried 98+% of the time. The 43X is NOT a single stack gun. The G43 is a single stack gun. The 43X will accommodate a Beretta M9 magazine with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    No more pathetic than a gun that mandates the trigger to be pulled to disassemble it. Far more people have been shot due to this, than by dropping any gun. At least the one company resolved its issues.

As for breaking strikers, I have a P365 with more than 3,000 rounds through it. I got it in April of 2018. When was the striker suppose to break again?/! I work with a guy-we were issued Glock 22's, generation 4. Glock has made untold thousands of G22's. He had a striker break on one range session. I replaced the striker. His very next range session, the replaced striker broke. We continued to carry G22's until they were recently replaced by G54's.......
    Someone pulling the trigger on a loaded firearm is an operator issue. A gun firing when dropped is a design flaw.

As far as the striker breaking, glad yours has worked well. Sig didnít recall and redesign the strikers just for fun.

My two most carried guns are the P365 and the G43, with the P354 being carried 98+% of the time. The 43X is NOT a single stack gun. The G43 is a single stack gun. The 43X will accommodate a Beretta M9 magazine with ease.
    I think you misunderstand the difference between a single and double stack magazine. Whether a beretta m9 magazine will fit is irrelevant. They are made out of different materials, as I have previously stated and this is why a company was able to make a metal mag that would fit 15 rounds. The 43x is a single stack because the rounds are stacked vertically, just like in the 43.
    Mjolnir likes this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Glock 43,43x and 48 ,while technically single stacks stagger the rounds in an effort to reduce the grip length which I hate because you get the low rounds of a single stack with the spare mag bulk of a 1.5 stack. True single stacks like the 1911, Kahr etc sure make carrying extra mags a lot easier, at least for me they are a lot nicer to belt carry than Glock "single stack" mags.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

So Glock copied a gun that has been made for years and years. Big whoop.

Give to them according to their deeds and according to the wickedness of their endeavors; give to them according to the work of their hands; render to them their deserts. Psalm 28:4

JD
    Administrator
    Can confirm.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JD
    Administrator
    Temp closed while I rub my head a bit...

JD
    Administrator
    16 posts removed

Y'all behave. It's Thanksgiving.

JD
    Administrator
    As for the argument over semantics. The standard 43 is not a straight column magazine. The 43X and 48 is not a straight column magazine.

Glock itself does not refer to the pistols as "single stack" they call them "Slim Line"

It's not so much to make them shorter, its because the 9mm is a tapered case and staggered mags work better.

Leave it to Glock to continue their trend in creating asinine argument points.

Can we go back to arguing if it's really DAO?

It it a single stack mag? Not really (to me it looks more similar to a single stack than a standard 43 mag, but there is some offset). Is if the same format as a traditional double stack mag? No.

Do people call them single stacks anyway? Yes they do. Does it really matter? Probably shouldn't.

This needs to be the END of this line of discussion and the personal jabs need to stop as well.

If additional staff actions need to be used on pedantic assholery there will be penalties.

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Well I like it plan to keep it and will be added to my carry line up.
    JD likes this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit212 View Post
    Well I like it plan to keep it and will be added to my carry line up.
    The preorder 15rd Shield mags are being received. I'm hoping they work out really well.

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    The preorder 15rd Shield mags are being received. I'm hoping they work out really well.

I have six mags and two mag catches coming from the pre-order Gonna run them through a weekend course and see how they do.
    JD, BCC73, Rabbit212 and 1 others like this.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDiablo View Post
    I have six mags and two mag catches coming from the pre-order Gonna run them through a weekend course and see how they do.
    Awesome!! Please let us know how they do.
    JD likes this.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Can confirm.

Because the 43x/48 mags are as wide as they are, is why Shield Arms is suppose to be releasing the 15 round magazines for the guns. We'll see if they ever make it into public hands.
    Rabbit212 likes this.

Because the 43x/48 mags are as wide as they are, is why Shield Arms is suppose to be releasing the 15 round magazines for the guns. We'll see if they ever make it into public hands.
    Couple of reviews already up on YouTube.
    stingray likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit212 View Post
    Couple of reviews already up on YouTube.
    TFB has a pretty good review up this morning. James seems to really like it and ordered some for himself. One comment he made that I found interesting is about what Shield can do to increase capacity for other Glock pistols, 19 for example. He used the term "game changer". That was used earlier in this thread in regards to the pther micro compact pistols in the market. I think I like the angle James Reeves is taking with the term- game changing within the Glock platform. Could be interesting to see what an all metal mag can do in a 19. Or 26.
    Rabbit212 likes this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links