Glock 43x owners-Is it meeting expectations? Pros/Cons

This is a discussion on Glock 43x owners-Is it meeting expectations? Pros/Cons within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Now that it has been out for a while, I have not heard of any issues and very little hype. Usually a new CCW carries ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Glock 43x owners-Is it meeting expectations? Pros/Cons

Now that it has been out for a while, I have not heard of any issues and very little hype. Usually a new CCW carries some growing pains and problems to sort out as well as new car hype. I have heard very little of either so wondering how happy you with it, or if you traded it off, what you did not care for. I am well aware of the boring reliability, but this one has really slipped into the lineup. I am looking closely but finding not a lot of feedback.
    Rabbit212 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array druryj's Avatar
    Oh it was fine, but really, bigger than I wanted as far as length of the grip. I shot it a few times and then ridded myself of it with a guy on a local forum who wanted it more than I wanted to keep it. I like the 43 more for how it fits my hand. The 43X just doesnít do anything for me that my P365 doesnít already do, except print a little bit more at the end of the grip. Plus, my P365ís trigger is way better than the one on the 43X that I bought. Glock makes great defensive pistols. But so do others that are filling my needs better right now, namely the P365 and my M11-A1. I eagerly wait the BIG Announcement on December 10th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ETXhiker likes this.

Distinguished Member Array druryj's Avatar

I should have maybe tried the 48 instead...same grip but longer barrel...hmmm...

Melvin, ETXhiker and rja214 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Thought more feedback would have been given here......I just like the 43 ! The 48 did nothing for me honestly while having a 19 & 43.
    Anyway it's gonna come down to what you prefer...I don't think 43x conceals as good as it's brother.
    ETXhiker likes this.
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    Carry Safe & Train hard !!

I like my 43x. Did the ghost connector upgrade, but honestly the 43x trigger is the same as any other flock trigger.

I have fairly small hands and the gun fits great. But I find myself carrying my Shield because it conceals just at but better due to the grip length. I also end up taking my shield camping because it fits in the hip belt pocket of all my backpacks but the 43x doesnít.

Glock 43x is a great gun overall. No issues so far but only shot about 400 rounds through it.

Rabbit212 and ETXhiker like this.

Distinguished Member
    I'm no Glock guy, so here's my take. The 43x is a pathetic attempt to keep up with the 365 craze. Instead of redesigning a new micro pistol that holds 10 rounds, they just took a 6 round 43 and made the grip longer. Big deal. It's just not going to conceal as easily.

Look at the size comparison -- https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...-vs-glock-g43x
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    I'm no Glock guy, so here's my take. The 43x is a pathetic attempt to keep up with the 365 craze. Instead of redesigning a new micro pistol that holds 10 rounds, they just took a 6 round 43 and made the grip longer. Big deal. It's just not going to conceal as easily.

I agree. It seem to me that Glock was trying to be all things to all people. So you can have long barrel/high capacity. short barrel/;ow capacity, or medium barrel/medium capacity. Personally I think that is silly, but ti sells guns. A gun should be selected to meet specific needs. Want good concealblity or large mom capacity? Going to get into a running gun battle then go for capacity and the longest barrel you can handle. Want to conceal in las you get into the average encounter where 3 to rounds is likely all that will be fired in total by attacker and defender than get a shorter barrel with lower capacity. Tcealabhe two Cs are conceivability and capacity. I chose conceivability because my days of getting into a running gun battle with a pistol ended in 1969.

Look at the size comparison -- https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...-vs-glock-g43x
    Lol. I highly doubt the 43x had anything to do with the 365. The guns are not similar at all. With as close as the release dates were, Iíd be surprised if they even knew about the 365 when then decided to make the 43x.

I would say whatís pathetic is a gun that fires when dropped, or needs to have its manufacture date verified to see if the Striker can be expected to break. Thatís just my opinion though.
    We get the government we deserve.

Distinguished Member
    @Havok -- So, what is the 43x designed FOR?
    It's even larger than the Shield. If you want a 10 round Glock, why not just get a double stack Glock? Heck, the 43X is over an inch thick and has a long grip, which makes it harder to conceal than the current top selling single stack "micros."
    I'm not trying to be combative here, I guess I just don't understand the rationale behind the 43x if it's not supposed to be competing with the other 10+ round single stack micros and is larger than the 7+1 Shield.
    Havok likes this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Not into glocks they just never did it for me picked up a 43x and went out and bought one. Like the balance like the grip feels good in my hand and itís reliable as any glock and thats all I need. Is it competing with any other pistol?? Heck if I know and donít matter to me either it does what I need it to do for me. I conceal a double stack CZ under a snug t shirt no problem so the 43x should be no problem at all and I plan it to be my deep concealed tucked in shirt pistol. Oh and there is a 15 round flush fit magazine hitting the market so if it works as advertised that takes care of the round count issue. For me itís a keeper and Iím very glad I picked one up.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

I have had a 43x for a few months now. Itís a great little gun...that boringly reliable thingy. Very accurate, for me, too.
    But like was mentioned a few times already, I too like the way the 43 fits my hand better. And I have large hands. With very small guns, I like to tuck my little finger under the mag. I even put grip tape down there. But the 43x pinches my little finger, and after several mags, I get a blister. Strangely, the four G19s that I have (same grip length) have never pinched me. I figure it has to do with the grip circumference, that places my finger just a little differently.
    Overall, a great gun, but I should have gone with the 43 instead.
    As a side, I have shot the 43 and the 365 side x side, and while both shot with the same relative accuracy (at approx. 70 foot), the 43 felt better in my hand. That was a few months before the 43x/48 came out. I waited when I should have bought the 43, and ended up with the 43x. I guess that I will just have to toughen up that little finger and enjoy the 43x!
    Rabbit212 and ETXhiker like this.
    Iím tip top, but Iím not Robin Hood!
    The man's nuts....grab 'em!
    A pistol free zone is a crime spree zone!
    NRA Life Member
    Thugs that comply, don't die!
    Thugs that comply, don't die!

I believe the target market was a thinner iwb pistol giving a full grip but lightweight. Basically a thin g26 with a pierce grip length and the same weight with 10 rds. As far as the sig its to small for my hands I absolutely don't trust them, and I think Sig screwed everyone over with their crappy attitude. Everyone became a guinea pig on their own dime. You got a bad one? Well send it back and we'll fix it. Don't know if you have a bad one? Keep shooting it with your ammo and see if it breaks. Yeah not confidence inspiring for me. If you look at MACs latest vid on the 365 he shows 3 different versions of strikers. Sig just said bad MIM and left it there.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk
    Rabbit212, Havok and Mjolnir like this.

@Havok -- So, what is the 43x designed FOR?
    It's even larger than the Shield. If you want a 10 round Glock, why not just get a double stack Glock? Heck, the 43X is over an inch thick and has a long grip, which makes it harder to conceal than the current top selling single stack "micros."
    I'm not trying to be combative here, I guess I just don't understand the rationale behind the 43x if it's not supposed to be competing with the other 10+ round single stack micros and is larger than the 7+1 Shield.
    The 43x is designed to give people a single stack 9mm Glock option with a longer grip and higher capacity than the 43. They have a 43 and a 48, and if you swap the slides, you have a 43x. Im usually more into the longer barrel and shorter grip for a carry gun, but a lot of people like longer grip and shorter barrel, so they sell that. I dont see why they didnt make them use the same mags, but thats a whole other discussion I guess. As far as asking why people dont carry a 26, thats up to them. I normally say that if I were buying a gun, I would buy the 26 over the 43 or 43x, but I have a 43 because I got it for free. Its a really comfortable gun to hold and easy to conceal. However, I carry a glock 30 daily, so I cant really understand how people make such a big deal over the minor difference in width of the 26, or p365, or 43 or 43x or whatever. Once you throw your shirt over it, the reality is that the difference in width between those 4 guns is so minor that it wont make a difference in the holster. Thats not to say it wont in some peoples hands. Ive never shot a p365, but I have held one before. It felt very comfortable in my hands. I can definitely understand why people like the size of the gun. But not everyone has the same size hands, so people have options. I think its more important for people to find the gun that best fits them. People put too much value in the dimensions on paper in my opinion. Just my thoughts. Opinions may vary.
    We get the government we deserve.

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Not everyone can carry a double stack but still like a more full size grip and gun. The 48 fits that bill nicely. The 43X is great if you want a full size grip to carry AIWB and are on the shorter side, etc.
    Wavygravy and ETXhiker like this.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

Distinguished Member
    Question answered, guys. Thanks!
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links