Do You Still Carry a 1911? Why? - Page 8

Do You Still Carry a 1911? Why?

This is a discussion on Do You Still Carry a 1911? Why? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Attachment 308174 Well, letís see.... Itís reliable. And accurate. And slim. And carries well. And works. And is beyond proven. And hits like a sledgehammer. ...

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree1082Likes

Thread: Do You Still Carry a 1911? Why?

Attachment 308174

Well, letís see....

Itís reliable. And accurate. And slim. And carries well. And works. And is beyond proven. And hits like a sledgehammer.

And itís beautiful.
    OD*, msgt/ret, druryj and 10 others like this.

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post

And itís beautiful.
    Yes, yes it is!
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Yes, because in my opinion, it is the full package. Comfortable to carry, comfortable to shoot, accurate, safe to carry. Beautiful too, but that is just a lucky biproduct. Also, in my opinion, in 109 years, no equal has been created. Again, it is all subjective to opinions. Mine is mine, not necessarily right.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    I don't carry a 1911.
    Because I don't own a 1911.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    gatorbait51 and Marc_Brooks like this.

Quote Originally Posted by patkelly4370 View Post
    I don't carry a 1911.
    Because I don't own a 1911.
    An easy problem to fix.
    OD*, airslot, simonp67 and 1 others like this.
    "If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge or jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - LtCol Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    it is all subjective to opinions. Mine is mine, not necessarily right.
    I think you got it right.
    OD*, JustinTime, airslot and 1 others like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

Best platform for a 10mm and 17 rounds!
    OD*, airslot and gatorbait51 like this.

Not yet, but I plan to carry this one some once I've had enough practice with it. I usually carry a Glock 26. Do You Still Carry a 1911?  Why?-img_20191120_120507_1575871412823.jpg
    Last edited by Jmonty; December 9th, 2019 at 11:41 AM.
    WC145, OD*, sparkyfender and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    I love the way it shoots, the way it carries, the way it looks, the recoil impulse, the big fat heavy round, itís history, design, and itís looks....for starters.

Its about as perfect a gun and caliber combo (45 auto) that one could have as a versatile sidearm.
    Yes, I carry a stainless Dan Wesson Valor V-bob every day, and I can't sum up the reasons why any better than G-man* already has. With a Bigfoot belt, the weight really isn't an issue.
    msgt/ret, airslot, druryj and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmonty View Post
    Not yet, but I plan to carry this one some once I've had enough practice with it. I usually carry a Glock 26. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191120_120507_1575871412823.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	4.14 MB 
ID:	308254
    Those new Springfield Defender Mil-Specs are a ton of gun for the money. I bought one and was very impressed with the fit, finish, accuracy, and shootability. I changed a couple of things to better suit my tastes and was very happy with it but a close friend wanted it and bugged me until I sold it to him. I might just have to buy another.
    Do You Still Carry a 1911?  Why?-20190928_080640.jpg
    bmcgilvray, G-man*, OD* and 6 others like this.
    "If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge or jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - LtCol Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by WC145 View Post
    Those new Springfield Defender Mil-Specs are a ton of gun for the money. I bought one and was very impressed with the fit, finish, accuracy, and shootability
    They sure are! Iíd be hard pressed to part with mine.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    They sure are! Iíd be hard pressed to part with mine.
    If I hadn't just bought a Terry Tussey worked Norinco I'd have kept it no matter how much he begged. But the Norc fills the niche I had bought the Springfield for so I was nice and sold it to him.
    OD*, sparkyfender and gatorbait51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WC145 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmonty View Post
    Not yet, but I plan to carry this one some once I've had enough practice with it. I usually carry a Glock 26. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191120_120507_1575871412823.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	4.14 MB 
ID:	308254
    Those new Springfield Defender Mil-Specs are a ton of gun for the money. I bought one and was very impressed with the fit, finish, accuracy, and shootability. I changed a couple of things to better suit my tastes and was very happy with it but a close friend wanted it and bugged me until I sold it to him. I might just have to buy another.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190928_080640.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	302.6 KB 
ID:	308338
    They really are a great deal! I almost bought a Springfield loaded about a decade ago but never pulled the trigger. I prefer the Mil-Spec style. I've never had an issue with hammer bite so I'm not a big fan of beaver tails.

Mine is very well fit, tight lock up, pinned ejector, forged slide and frame, and now they're made in the USA.

Get another while they're cheap!
    WC145, druryj and gatorbait51 like this.

Distinguished Member Array viney266's Avatar
    Because as much as I practice with my glock. I STILL shoot better with the Kimber, I just do.
    Proud NRA Benefactor member, My wife, daughter and son are all life members.
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

I'll try with a new holster if I can find a comfy thinner leather holster (since Garrity is basically unreliable, as good as his thin holsters are). I picked up a new compact Wilson that could be carried but it is still pretty heavy so I need to test it. I love 1911s but hate stiff thick belts (I usually use single layer leather gun belts) so for me, there is a weight limit which "seems" to top out at the G26 weight. A compact 1911 may be doable but I need a holster first. If it does not work, I'll soon be sans 1911.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Sponsored Links