Glock teasing Dec 10 announcement - Page 4

Glock teasing Dec 10 announcement

This is a discussion on Glock teasing Dec 10 announcement within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by G-man* Poor Glock. If they stick with what put them on top, people complain they are sitting on their laurels and getting ...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree307Likes

Thread: Glock teasing Dec 10 announcement

Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    Poor Glock. If they stick with what put them on top, people complain they are sitting on their laurels and getting passed up by some other companies “ newest and improved” copy of their pistol.

If they come up with a variation on what they have, people complain.

Haters gonna hate, and try to find something else just to be different. But ALL of the makers are just putting out a plastic gun with their own twist or gimmick based on what Glock successfully marketed years ago.
    I agree. I am not a Glock fan, so I have no dog in the fight, but I think they are more innovative than Kahr, where every gun they make is basically the same single stack gun in different sizes and different materials.

Maybe Glock will come out with an all metal gun. That would be cool.
    G-man* and ETXhiker like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I agree. I am not a Glock fan, so I have no dog in the fight, but I think they are more innovative than Kahr, where every gun they make is basically the same single stack gun in different sizes and different materials.

I like them, but I’m not a fanboy. All of these polymer guns are all just basic renditions of a Glock. And none of them are anything I take any pride in owning or shooting.

But they all are fit for duty. Pick your size, caliber, and sights, then, melt any of them in to a design or look that makes you happy.
    OD*, OldVet, Wavygravy and 3 others like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

I really like my Glock 30, but it will never reach beloved collectible status. I'm pretty much in line with what G-man stated above.
    OD* and ETXhiker like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    Modern reality= innovate or die.

Apple and Gateway computers used to be the best/only choices in "powerful" home PC's.
    ETXhiker likes this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post

Apple and Gateway computers used to be the best/only choices in "powerful" home PC's.
    I am definitely turning in to a Luddite:)
    OD*, Wavygravy, Hoganbeg and 2 others like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    Okay, this is not a prediction, but a wish. More of a pipe dream, actually. I wish they would take a G30S frame and make a .38 Super out of it. Yes, I know they have .357 Sigs already and the .38 Super has fallen into obscurity. But if they made one, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I can dream, can't I?

History has shown (think Ford Edsel) that hyping some mysterious new product and making people wait to find out what it is, is a bad idea, unless it really is something groundbreaking. We will know soon.
    OD* and bmcgilvray like this.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    I am definitely turning in to a Luddite:)
    I noticed. You're back into 1911's now.
    hkusp9f and ETXhiker like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Distinguished Member
    Here's how the market changes -- first Glock mass marketed in the U.S. and the standard for polymers, vs. what is selling the most presently. Note the size difference (heheh)

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...sig-sauer-p365
    ETXhiker likes this.
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post

Your splitting hairs there....Although Kahr does already make metal framed guns.
    How many Gens are there? 1...2...3...4...I am amazed they can keep improving on a so called already perfect gun.
    Gotta give Glock credit...They stay true to their roots and they know the fanboys will eat it up.

A polymer framed revolver would make me laugh though and i bet it would fly off the shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by drmordo View Post
    IMO the 43x and 19x were such gigantic missteps I simply have no idea what Glock will barf up next........
    A G365 would be quite a departure on many levels. First, no Glock trigger has ever approached the refinement of the P365 trigger. The Glock trigger design will have to change fundamentally to catch up to their competitors, which IMO won't happen.
    I was actually surprised by all the critical comments about the 19X when it was released. It is just a Commander configuration- full grip/shorter barrel. People like that combination. Outside of the 1911 world, Sig and Springfield have offered double stack pistols in that configuration for years. Sig calls it the "Carry" and the XD's are called "Service". If anything, Glock should have released the 19X two decades ago.

Can't argue with you about the Glock trigger though.
    OD*, bmcgilvray and ETXhiker like this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    With the new S15 magazines, it makes a whole lot more sense, to me anyway, same load out as a G19 but smaller.
    I like the idea but buying the pistol and then having to get rid of the 10 round mags and replace them with $40 mags is kinda annoying. The value of the stock 10 round mags would be pretty low in any of the free states ,so you couldn't really sell them.
    OD* and bmcgilvray like this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Distinguished Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    I was actually surprised by all the critical comments about the 19X when it was released. It is just a Commander configuration- full grip/shorter barrel. People like that combination. Outside of the 1911 world, Sig and Springfield have offered double stack pistols in that configuration for years. Sig calls it the "Carry" and the XD's are called "Service". If anything, Glock should have released the 19X two decades ago.
    I don't disagree with you, but I personally have seen many different folks who have cut down their grips so their G17 takes a G19 mag or their G19 takes a G26 mag.

Conversely, I personally can't remember ever seeing anyone even wish for a Commander configuration G19, probably because it's incredibly easy to just add a grip extension to a G17 mag and slide it into your G19 or G26.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    Microsoft based computers used to be the only choice in "powerful" home computers.
    I had to fix your quote. It was quite wrong. Apple was never making powerful computers. They just had so few hardware options that were used, and supported, that they could make what they had look better than it was.

Apple was so bad at doing certain things they made their primary competitor the leading software seller (MS Office) for Apple computers, and the number one supplier of mice for people replacing the single button option Steve Jobs refused to change. As someone who has been involved in the support side of the tech world for a couple of decades now, I just cannot help but point out that Apple should not exist. Had the government not propped the company up, and they shifted to different markets, there would be no Apple corporation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy
    More importantly, I don't see much for innovation in almost any sector of any market. I do see innovative small improvements with the occasional big change here and there. We are not currently in an era of big changes. Those fast change eras come and go, and things still get better each year as long as the cheapskate cost cutting profit maximizing bean counters are not allowed to interfere too drastically.

I'm curious to see what the announcement is. Glock is good at doing what they do. I have to respect their dedication to doing what works.
    Wavygravy and ETXhiker like this.

Lead Moderator
    I'm not a Glock fanboy but they do seem to accumulate.

I carried a G21 on duty for years and I aced every course I ever shot with it, so I can say that it works. Even so, they are ugly.

Glock teasing Dec 10 announcement-79532675_3443254209048366_4217299873378074624_o.jpg

Maybe they'll come out with something so innovative and cool that I'll have to have one of them too.
    bmcgilvray, OD* and ETXhiker like this.
    Universal Background Checks...the next step towards registration and confiscation.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    https://www.facebook.com/baileysigna...?ref=bookmarks

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    I had to fix your quote. It was quite wrong. Apple was never making powerful computers. They just had so few hardware options that were used, and supported, that they could make what they had look better than it was.

Apple was so bad at doing certain things they made their primary competitor the leading software seller (MS Office) for Apple computers, and the number one supplier of mice for people replacing the single button option Steve Jobs refused to change. As someone who has been involved in the support side of the tech world for a couple of decades now, I just cannot help but point out that Apple should not exist. Had the government not propped the company up, and they shifted to different markets, there would be no Apple corporation.

More importantly, I don't see much for innovation in almost any sector of any market. I do see innovative small improvements with the occasional big change here and there. We are not currently in an era of big changes. Those fast change eras come and go, and things still get better each year as long as the cheapskate cost cutting profit maximizing bean counters are not allowed to interfere too drastically.

I'm curious to see what the announcement is. Glock is good at doing what they do. I have to respect their dedication to doing what works.
    Good post and good points.
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Sponsored Links