Defensive Carry banner

Glock teasing Dec 10 announcement

9K views 118 replies 52 participants last post by  Chandne 
#1 ·
So what do folks think Glock will reveal? What would you like to see?

I would like to see a LCP-sized pocket gun from Glock, caliber immaterial.

Next would be a carbine in 9mm... I like my Ruger PC but the takedown for cleaning is a pain...thing has more nooks and crannies than an English muffin.

Finally, a Glock in .22 would be great.

#3 ·
Smaller? Nah. I'm thinking they will go the other route and make a semi-auto that can compete with the large bore revolvers. The market is saturated with puny guns, its time for more manly man weapons. The Desert Eagle and the .50 AE will get tossed off the mountain!

Realistically though, the smaller gun is the safe bet. I doubt that Glock will enter the .22 market though.

#8 ·
I would like to see a modular system similar to the Sig P320 series.

Reactions: ETXhiker and OD*
#9 ·
IMO the 43x and 19x were such gigantic missteps I simply have no idea what Glock will barf up next.

What would make sense to me is a G26 frame fitted to a G19 slide. You'd get the longer barrel with a shorter, more concealable grip. Similar setups of long slides and short grips for all the Glock classics would sell pretty well IMO.

A G365 would be quite a departure on many levels. First, no Glock trigger has ever approached the refinement of the P365 trigger. The Glock trigger design will have to change fundamentally to catch up to their competitors, which IMO won't happen. Second, their econo-plastic magazines are necessarily thicker than other companies' metal walled mags, so Glock will have to change up their model quite a bit to get a double stacked gun down P365 dimensions. Third, if they make a G365, they might as well make a thin body G19 that is the G365's big brother, which would make the G19, G26, G43, and G43x obsolete (and possibly the G23 and G27 as well if Glock offered the new thin body guns in .40). I don't see it happening.

Glock revolver? Somewhere between a Chiappa Rhino and a Kimber K6S, but 9mm, plastic framed, striker fired, worst revolver trigger ever, plastic U sights, and has a picatinny rail under the barrel.

#13 ·
I don’t really care for a new offering. I like their old standard line up: G19/23/17/22/21/20/26/27

I dont care for anything Sig or Springfield has in plastic, so they are permanently and forever ruled out as choices for me.

However, If Glock were to come out with something new, a carbine would be neat.

#42 ·
The combat Tupperware has become the pistol of choice for our nations most combat experienced units. I doubt they will be going to metal frames any time soon.

Glock 48 sized gun is 45 ACP. My personal wish list.

The railed version of the 48 and 43x?

Probably something in 10mm. Maybe a 48 sized pistol in a 10mm ;)
So... a 36? They could easily make a 10mm version of that if they wanted. Not sure what the market would be like for it.

#29 ·
I'd like to see a G21S. But with the announcement being 12-10-19 at 10 a.m., I'm thinking it's gonna be something in 10mm.

#36 ·
The lighter weight Ruger LCRs use polymer. The cylinder and barrel are stainless steel. The modular frame that holds the barrel and cylinder is aluminium and the receiver is polymer. The Taurus Protector and Public Defender are similar and there is a polymer .45/410 Taurus Judge now. The S&W Bodyguard .38 also uses some polymer.

Polymer has been shown to be a good material for some revolver receivers. It is not only lightweight, it flexes slightly when the gun is fired and some people feel that results in less perceived recoil. Yet it has been proven to be durable and reliable. I think there is still more design work to come using polymer in all kinds of gun design.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.