Sig Sauer p365 safety

Sig Sauer p365 safety

This is a discussion on Sig Sauer p365 safety within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I purchased a new Sig p365 this weekend that I had ordered and noticed that it didn't have a safety. The attendant told me that ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Sig Sauer p365 safety

Sig Sauer p365 safety

I purchased a new Sig p365 this weekend that I had ordered and noticed that it didn't have a safety. The attendant told me that some do and some don't have the safety but have learned that it is a new addition to the pistol. I bought a mike's IWB holster and he told me it would be safe. I do have a Ruger lcp which doesn't provide a safety and a Springfield 45 XD with just grip and trigger safeties but feel that I should have been given an option on the Sig. I haven't fired it yet . I assume I could contact the company and return it to receive one with a safety. I'm trying to decide and would appreciate any recommendations.

Nothing wrong with having no thumb safety unless you just want one. Id be surprised if theyd let you exchange the gun, but I suppose you could ask. Usually sales are final once they receive money and complete nics check. Maybe Sig sells a kit that you can install a safety though? I would recommend a better holster though. Either a quality leather or kydex holster.
    We get the government we deserve.

Senior Member Array entertainment72's Avatar
    I'm doubting Sig will let you exchange your 365 because you failed to notice it was the safety less model.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Well, safety or not is kind of a personal preference thing so I cannot give advice on that aspect but, if you bought an Uncle Mike's nylon holster I would never carry any gun in that holster and no its not safe at all in my opinion. Only way I would carry a striker fired handgun IWB is in a quality Kydex holster with complete trigger guard coverage and a snaploop or two instead of any clips.
    Any holster you carry should stay open when empty to facilitate holstering. Personally I like handgun specific leather for handguns with additional safety features like a hammer I can push on while holstering or a positive safety.
    You bought a quality firearm that should live in a quality holster.

Distinguished Member
    I second @forester58 about the Uncle Mike's holster for carrying the 365 w/ no safety. That's not safe! By all means get a good Kydex or stiff leather holster if you keep the model w/ no safety.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

VIP Member
    You had the option when you ordered it. Sounds like you ordered the one without the safety. Unless you ordered it with the safety, and received the wrong one, doubt you've got grounds for complaint.

I wouldn't sweat it, though, as long as you've got a good holster.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dares not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

A soft Uncle Mike's holster and a safetyless striker trigger is a guaranteed receipt for disaster. DONT DO IT!
    Struckat and MMinSC like this.
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

Here's an example of my preferred Kydex pocket holster shown with the P365. Its by PJ Holster, very safe and works like a charm.

Sig Sauer p365 safety-p1100943.jpg

Sig Sauer p365 safety-p1100944.jpg

This holster is also a spare so if you're interested in one shoot me a PM and I'll make a ya decent deal on it.

Enjoy that SIG, carry it well and be safe.
    Havok, Wavygravy and forester58 like this.

I don't carry any guns that have a safety for self defense. I don't have a problem with other people doing so at all, but Glocks and revolvers are what I trained with years ago and they are what I know. I have fired the 365 and the 320 from Sig. I came away from the experience both excited and concerned. Both guns are very well made, very accurate, and have a great feel. I ended up choosing not to get either one due to the trigger. As mentioned I don't have any place in my personal use of self defense weapons for a safety. In my opinion the excellent feeling trigger on both those guns makes them a liability with no other type of safety. I found the trigger so easy to pull that it actually hurt my slow fire shooting because I couldn't tell when it was going to go off. I have pointed guns at other human beings before. That light little trigger pull is not what I want when the adrenaline dump comes. I carry Glocks IWB a whole lot and feel very safe in doing so. Any trigger lighter than a factory stock Glock trigger is asking for it in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    I agree with the above statement. If you choose to keep this gun and carry it you should choose a high quality holster that is made specifically for this gun. You should also train as much as you possibly can with the gun, and always practice keeping your trigger finger safely out of the trigger guard. It will only take a short quick mistake to fire a Sig 365 or 320.

Side note: I never holster a gun IWB. No matter the holster. I will remove the holster from my pants, install the gun in the holster while pointing in a safe direction, then remount the safe, holstered gun in place while it is completely safe. This has to do with my choice to carry guns with no manual safety, and with the number of AD's associated with a gun going into any holster. I've carried appendix for 25 years. Since before anyone came up with the name "appendix carry," and I had only heard it called the much less manly "inguinal carry."

Quote Originally Posted by 458winmag View Post
    I purchased a new Sig p365 this weekend that I had ordered and noticed that it didn't have a safety. The attendant told me that some do and some don't have the safety but have learned that it is a new addition to the pistol. I bought a mike's IWB holster and he told me it would be safe. I do have a Ruger lcp which doesn't provide a safety and a Springfield 45 XD with just grip and trigger safeties but feel that I should have been given an option on the Sig. I haven't fired it yet . I assume I could contact the company and return it to receive one with a safety. I'm trying to decide and would appreciate any recommendations.
    Welcome to the forum. Tens of thousands of people carry Glocks and other striker fired firearms like the P365 (which I also carry a couple days a week) without a safety. Many prefer a gun without a safety with the concern that under stress, it might be all too easy to forget to release the safety when you need the firearm. Carrying without a safety is not of concern provided you follow the rules of "safe" firearms handling (carrying a firearm exposes you to risk) AND use a good quality holster.
    I'm with Joe Biden - you can't have 50 clips in a weapon!
    Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.
    We are ALL Virginians!

VIP Member
    Another voice agreeing with all of the above. You can use the Mike's holster for storing your empty gun in a safe or lock box. But for goodness sake (and your long term health and safety) DO NOT wear the thing with that gun!
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Senior Member Array Well_Regulated's Avatar
    I chose the P365 with safety only because it's replacing my EDC P938 that has a safety. I'm so used to training (draw, thumb safety, aim...) with one that I PAID MORE for one with the safety.

Everywhere I've checked, a P365 with manual safety costs more. Perhaps you selected the lowest price, as one might instinctively do?
    You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Tens of thousands of people carry Glocks and other striker fired firearms like the P365 (which I also carry a couple days a week) without a safety. Many prefer a gun without a safety with the concern that under stress, it might be all too easy to forget to release the safety when you need the firearm. Carrying without a safety is not of concern provided you follow the rules of "safe" firearms handling (carrying a firearm exposes you to risk) AND use a good quality holster.
    G26Raven summed it up about the way i would have said it! Safely handling and a good holster is a winning combination!
    G26Raven and 5lima30ret like this.

If you are comparing triggers, the trigger on a P365 is no where near the same as the Ruger LCP, or the Glocks for that matter. I have all three and I have carried Glocks with no safety for years, but I purchased the P365 with the thumb safety after shooting one. Also in my area with or without safety is the
    same price
    plasticglock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    Well, safety or not is kind of a personal preference thing so I cannot give advice on that aspect but, if you bought an Uncle Mike's nylon holster I would never carry any gun in that holster and no its not safe at all in my opinion. Only way I would carry a striker fired handgun IWB is in a quality Kydex holster with complete trigger guard coverage and a snaploop or two instead of any clips.
    Any holster you carry should stay open when empty to facilitate holstering. Personally I like handgun specific leather for handguns with additional safety features like a hammer I can push on while holstering or a positive safety.

This!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links