Color of weapon - Page 3

Color of weapon

This is a discussion on Color of weapon within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bassman1956 I have a M&P Shield 40 that I carry all time except at work (canít carry on the job) I wanted ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree246Likes

Thread: Color of weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman1956 View Post
    I have a M&P Shield 40 that I carry all time except at work (canít carry on the job) I wanted something that held more than 7 bullets in the magazine. This holds 12 + 1. I also have Bersa Thunder 380, holds 7, and a colt Detective 6. The Taurus holds enough For home defense and small enough to carry. Shoots well out the box(partner at work has one and I shot it) love the feel
    Hell would freeze SOLID before I bet my home defense on a Taurus
    Last edited by Cypher; December 8th, 2019 at 02:02 PM.
    matthew03 likes this.

... I hate to pass on a $50 saving and wanted to know if the color really makes a difference?
    Bassman1956,

I, too, am (relatively) new to CC. I convinced myself that the color of one's CCW does, indeed, make a difference. If it should happen to peek out from under your cover garment (say, if your jacket blows open and momentarily reveals your CCW), then a black pistol in a black holster is more likely to be "seen" as a shadow than recognized as a CCW--or so it seems to me. This is why both of my CCW's (Sig M11-A1 and my Kahr K9) and their holsters are black.

FWIW,

rx7sig
    Old Man likes this.

I have the G2C and it's a solid pistol. I have abused the hell out it and have around 800 rnds through it without any issues. Yes, I would trust my life to this pistol. The only issue I had, was the finish, as it did wear pretty good. Put a Gunskin wrap on it and problem solved. BTW, the G2C is made in Miami,FL and another plant is being built in Georgia

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I have a M&P Shield 40 that I carry all time except at work (canít carry on the job) I wanted something that held more than 7 bullets in the magazine. This holds 12 + 1. I also have Bersa Thunder 380, holds 7, and a colt Detective 6. The Taurus holds enough For home defense and small enough to carry. Shoots well out the box(partner at work has one and I shot it) love the feel
    In all fairness, the G2C has had a lot of very favorable reviews. If you decide on that, I would just make sure it runs reliably, both with FMJ and your choice of defensive ammo.

EDIT Allow me to add...I do that with ALL guns being carried for protection - even rifles and shotguns.

Having said that, you can find very concealable mag carriers that will hide two magazines for your Shield. I carry a Shield 45 and do that.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by kenboyles72 View Post
    I have the G2C and it's a solid pistol. I have abused the hell out it and have around 800 rnds through it without any issues. Yes, I would trust my life to this pistol. The only issue I had, was the finish, as it did wear pretty good. Put a Gunskin wrap on it and problem solved. BTW, the G2C is made in Miami,FL and another plant is being built in Georgia
    Many people make the mistake of assuming the G2c is made in Miami because that's the really big stamp on the metal slide, but it doesn't say "Made in (Miami)", that's just the required importer's stamp- their U.S. import facility.

Federal regs require the country of manufacture be stamped on guns using the words "Made" or "Manufactured" (AND the importer's name and location if made outside of America). All G2, and the newer G2c pistols are stamped with "Made in Brazil" on the polymer lower, near the ejection port. Even the photo the OP posted shows the tiny rectangle stamp reading "made in Brazil", but Taurus intentionally made it much harder to read on the newer G2c model by shrinking its size.

The last verifiable info I saw was that only the Taurus Spectrum pistols were being made in the U.S.

If your G2c was made in the U.S. and not Brazil, please post a pic showing that it says "Made in...". We'd all like to see it because that would be a welcome change and a good move by Taurus.
    OD* and Old Man like this.
    "If you're in a gunfight there's no such thing as enough ammo, and your gunfight will only last as long as your ammo." - Clint Smith

"There are only two times you can carry too much ammo, when you're drowning or on fire."
    - Mike Hughes of Gunsite

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    I offered to get my wife a pink AR and she flatly said "No." That was a joke, of course. Her AR is FDE and she owns no pink clothing.
    I snagged that to match my pink hat...

Color of weapon-pink-pussy-hats750x422.jpg

This combination just confuses the snowflakes and SJ warriors to no end.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    I snagged that to match my pink hat...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pink-*****-hats750x422.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	308208

This combination just confuses the snowflakes and SJ warriors to no end.
    So that was your undercover outfit when you were in law enforcement? Ingenious disguise!
    You are your own first responder.

Paint the plastic, cerakote the metal, shoot it lots.
    OldChap likes this.
    Still Clingin'

If you like it and shoot it well, that's all that matters.

I have five M&Ps, including one in FDE. Makes no difference which one goes on my belt,because I trust them all to do their job.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Color does not matter with guns anymore than it matters with people.
    I like my guns and my friends to be good and reliable.

I have owed that same pistol an never had an issue, shot everything I put through it. I sold it when I bought my Hellcat but would not hesitate to carry one again.
    Max
    USCG Ret. Code Enforcement Officer, Small Arms Instructor.

I don't like pink colored firearms. They just don't look mean enough.

This is my OD Glock 19 with my new Browning concealment purse. My Glock will always be my favorite pistol.

This is my new sand colored Taurus TH9C that is DA/SA. It's cool too.

airslot, Old Man, Wolf357 and 3 others like this.

Distinguished Member
    My Beretta isn't black on the outside -- it's heart is black, though. Seriously, color doesn't matter much to me.

OD*, Wolf357, OldChap and 2 others like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Remember when FDE looked like flat dark earth and was a rich darker brown? It used to be called Coyote Tan what the gun makers call FDE now.I remember some years ago Glock had a Vickers FDE 19 RF2 that I thought looked really great.

When did the color names change? I am always so far behind on fashion.
    OldChap and matthew03 like this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Senior Member Array Bubblehead751's Avatar
    Put it in a black kydex or leather holster and nobody will see the FDE. At least not while it is concealed.
    OldChap likes this.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Mountaineers are Always Free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links