Color of weapon - Page 4

Color of weapon

This is a discussion on Color of weapon within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm color blind so it doesn't matter much to me, but I won't knowingly carry a feminine colored or named pistol (like a S&W Ladysmith). ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree246Likes

Thread: Color of weapon

I'm color blind so it doesn't matter much to me, but I won't knowingly carry a feminine colored or named pistol (like a S&W Ladysmith). Some will... just not my style.
    OldChap likes this.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Sam Adams

I have changed enough diapers the past two years that I do not want to buy any poop color guns.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

sgb
    I have NOT been a Taurus fan for decades .......................... however with the overturn in the company and the numerous sterling reviews of the G2C from sources I trust I felt good enough about it to purchase one for my granddaughters first gun................. color is in my opinion immaterial.
    APX-9M and OldChap like this.
    " It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it, but if you have to play ..... play to WIN!!!"
    Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

OP - I see nothing wrong with the gun shown in your attachment. Admittedly I would pass on a pink gun ( unless it was the only one I could get ). But about anything is okay with me as long as it works. Like some others, experience has biased me against Taurus but your opinion may be different.
    OldChap likes this.
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will just bring you down to their level - and then beat you with experience." George Carlin

I will buy any color available as long as it's black...
    msgt/ret and OldChap like this.

That FDE is not too bad. I'm actually getting to kind of like it because Ive been seeing it so much. Having said that, if my choice was between FDE or black I would choose black. But if I really wanted the gun and FDE was my only choice, not a deal breaker.
    OldChap likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Encore2016 View Post
    That FDE is not too bad. I'm actually getting to kind of like it because Ive been seeing it so much. Having said that, if my choice was between FDE or black I would choose black. But if I really wanted the gun and FDE was my only choice, not a deal breaker.
    OT- This is how brainwashing/desensitizing works concerning everything. See it, hear it said, read it; sooner or later it impacts the ability to think for yourself (no offense).

VIP Member
    When I bought my first P238, the ONLY (not 100% steel) model with an ambi safety was the Scorpion. I really did not like the FDE color, but the combination of that FDE with the layered colors in the G10 grip panels made it not so awful. Men LOVE the looks of it, and I admit I'm becoming quite fond of it myself. It's not as pretty as my SIG P238 Rainbow (which I bought later), but it is the one that gets carried almost all the time. I do not want to take a chance on scratching that Rainbow beauty queen! She has her own OWB leather holster for rare "barbecue" events.

I also occasionally carry a plain old black G42. No one sees my carry guns when I'm normally out and doing things, so it really does not matter. EXCEPT I will not buy a pink gun!

I think that Taurus in FDE with the black slide is actually pretty good looking.
    MMinSC and OldChap like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    I have NOT been a Taurus fan for decades .......................... however with the overturn in the company and the numerous sterling reviews of the G2C from sources I trust I felt good enough about it to purchase one for my granddaughters first gun................. color is in my opinion immaterial.
    I have 6 of their revolvers, and one is from 1994.

No problems with them regarding reliability or accuracy for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Instagram
    Muzzleblast_MD
    OldChap, APX-9M and Bassman1956 like this.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

They say that Black guns are scarier, but I don't know about that.

I like FDE, and OD colored guns as well as Black, but my favorite color is Stainless steel.
    msgt/ret, APX-9M and OldChap like this.

The black and FDE is my carry gun and is on my hip as I write this. I like the color combo and don't really care about what others think about it.

As far as Taurus goes, seems like they turned things around, and many of the hate being thrown there was is based on their past and not the present. I don't need one, but I'll probably get one for ghits and siggles. Lots of people own the G2C and they swear by them. Great deal for $150ish after rebate.

Quote Originally Posted by rlggray View Post
    They say that Black guns are scarier, but I don't know about that.

I like FDE, and OD colored guns as well as Black, but my favorite color is Stainless steel.
    All stainless slide and frame is a thing of beauty, but a stainless slide in a black polymer frame is dull, boring, and just blahhh IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Im an old school traditionalist. Give me black, blue or stainless not some gaudy color even if it costs more.
    When I was recovering my pool table I was well aware that you can now get cloth in many colors or even have some team logo on it, but IMO pool tables are supposed to be green. End of story. I am an old dog who is generally uninterested in learning any new tricks.

I'll let you figure out what I think about weird colored guns.
    msgt/ret and OD* like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mmb617 View Post
    When I was recovering my pool table I was well aware that you can now get cloth in many colors or even have some team logo on it, but IMO pool tables are supposed to be green. End of story. I am an old dog who is generally uninterested in learning any new tricks.

I'll let you figure out what I think about weird colored guns.
    Kind of think FDE and ODG is pretty main stream and common on civilian and military handguns and rifles, but some of the other colors guns are coming in nowadays, not so much. I agree with you when it comes to pool tables though. When it comes down to it, it's all a matter of personal preference and it's not a big deal either way.

I like blued, black, stainless and FDE, or any combination of them. But unless it's some bright, gaudy color, it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

Although I must admit, that my LGS owner gifted me a SCCY CPX2 that's black and bright orange. I really dig it though because it's the Harley Davidson colors !!!

Color of weapon-cpx-2_ob_3q-web.jpg
    OldChap and APX-9M like this.
    Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.

― Heraclitus

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links