Glock 44 - Page 4

Glock 44

This is a discussion on Glock 44 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The silly choice for the name aside, I do want one. I'm lacking a .22 semi-auto handgun. If this holds up being reliable, it would ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree183Likes

Thread: Glock 44

The silly choice for the name aside, I do want one. I'm lacking a .22 semi-auto handgun. If this holds up being reliable, it would be a fun gun to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Whammy View Post
    A carbine would have been way cooler.

22 caliber will fill a spot in the market for flick that they havenít been in before. 22 makes a nice camping side arm for pest control. If your not in big predator country anyway.

Iím just waiting for all the sig fans to start bashing the 10+1 capacity. In a g19 frame. Sig could have gotten 47 22s in there. :)
    Were do you find non big predator camping area? You usually at least have cats or little bears. Not really the critters I want to have to use a 22 to deal with.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnycrocket View Post
    a .22 called a 44 LMAO

Ill stick to my Buckmark
    Wait until Glock comes out with their newest one -- the G45ACP. It's a .32
    Havok, MMinSC and BamaT like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I see any new quality 22 handgun as a good thing. I have an SR 22 that I paid close to $400 for and like it just fine. Possibly a lot of folks will see the Glock that way also. Especially Glock owners.

Now that I am home from work and had a chance to look at this new pistol, I am underwhelmed. It is good for Glock to offer a 22 but not with all this marketing hype leading up to it. For something this mundane, a regular press release would have sufficed. Now if Glock released it with a capacity similar to the Taurus or Kel-Tec .22 pistols, that would be really cool and worth the build-up. Lots of guys would want a 16 or so round pistol that is made by Glock and not Taurus or KT, myself included.

If the street price ends up at $400, that seems high to me. You can buy really nice metal .22 pistols in that price range. $350 or so is not bad.
    svgheartland likes this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

While this is not the answer to my prayers, if I'm going to buy a 22 rimfire that mimics a "defensive" pistol I'll probably buy this before any of the other offerings as I do carry a Glock. I certainly don't have to have one right now but if it develops a solid reputation I could see myself buying one. I certainly don't hate the idea of a .22 rimfire glock.
    Old Man likes this.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

god how disappointing. Like waiting for the annual release of the Call of Duty Franchise, and the Zombie games suck.
    maxwell97 and Big Western like this.
    Give to them according to their deeds and according to the wickedness of their endeavors; give to them according to the work of their hands; render to them their deserts. Psalm 28:4

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    It's no joke and as much as i hate to admit it....It will probably fly off the shelves.
    A fool and his/her money will soon part ways.

Now how about a Glock 93 in .22 mag?
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

I'd like to see a match up with a M&P .22LR.
    Talldog likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    I'd almost rather scrimp and save in order to get good .22 rimfire guns than any other caliber of gun.
    I can see that, but... is this a good gun? Meaning for the money. Plastic slide and plastic frame, for more than a Ruger Mark IV, seems dubious. I can see the appeal it would have for some, but it should cost a lot less, I'd say.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

Iíll be getting one. That said it wasnít the legendary release item I was hoping for. But same exact grip, trigger, sights, and controls as my carry gun. In a caliber thatís any were from a 5th-10th the cost of ammo my carry guns are chambered in.
    bmcgilvray, BamaT and Old Man like this.

Quote Originally Posted by scottync View Post
    I'd like to see a match up with a M&P .22LR.
    I have an M&P 22 Compact with 6000 rounds through the barrel land I really like it. It shoots any ammo with absolutely no issues. I put Dawson FO sights on the front with a black notch on the rear. Such a fun gun to shoot especially to introduce new shooters.

I have 3 Glocks so I will wait to see what the 44 is like.
    ShooterGranny and Old Man like this.
    Being Armed Is A Mindset, Not A Physical Condition - Rob Pincus

SAF, GOA, NRA, Kansas State Rifle Assoc.

Oh yea the glock fan boy s and girls will love this thang . The rest of use !! Well it just does not matter .
    Big Western likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    I can see that, but... is this a good gun? Meaning for the money. Plastic slide and plastic frame, for more than a Ruger Mark IV, seems dubious. I can see the appeal it would have for some, but it should cost a lot less, I'd say.
    Oh, who knows whether it's a good gun or not. Older quality .22 handguns with single-action trigger capabilities and made of steel are what appeals to me. I can't attach any value to a gun constructed with major plastic components.
    OD*, maxwell97 and Pete63 like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

ďNo possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.Ē

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links